Alien Nation

Anything else; TV, music, video games etc.
Alien Redrum
Services No Longer Needed
Anti-Spam Question: No

Alien Nation

Post by Alien Redrum »

This is streaming on Hulu, and I haven't seen it probably since it came out originally. Still pretty good, but holy shit does it beat you over the head with the symbolism. :lol:
Follow Horror DNA on Twitter.

I'm thinking I might make one to keep in the trunk of the car though. Might be nice to have hot water if I ever have to watch a Matthews compound for 3-4 days hoping to get the drop on Sergio Frenchi. - Neon Bolan

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Re: Alien Nation

Post by Neon Maniac »

The series or the James Caan movie? It was a James Caan movie, wasn't it? I don't remember. The series drove me crazy, but I think I liked the movie.
:facts:

Because AR doesn't take my posts seriously

Alien Redrum

Post by Alien Redrum »

Yeah, the movie with James Caan. I remembered him, but I forgot who George was and then I heard him first and was like, NO WAY.

It's
Spoiler:
Mandy Patinkin! And he's either fucking HUGE or James Caan is small.
I only remember liking the show when I was a kid, but I literally only remember two things from it. One, the new James Caan looked like Mick Jagger. And, two, if I ever have sex with an Alien Nation woman, I better not touch that spot on their back because even though it's an erogenous zone, she will go crazy and beat the shit out of me.

I'm thinking I might make one to keep in the trunk of the car though. Might be nice to have hot water if I ever have to watch a Matthews compound for 3-4 days hoping to get the drop on Sergio Frenchi. - Neon Bolan

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

I think there's a shootout in the movie where they have an alien rifle and it shoots through a car engine. I'm sure I'm misremembering a lot of it. But that's literally all I remember. Oh, and they don't like salt water.

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

Oh, and that whole movie scenario is BS. Some alien species gets stuck here and needs help? And salt water is like acid to them? And most of our planet is salt water, and we're basically walking bags of salt water?

Hands down, no ifs ands or buts, and I'm not saying this is right -- don't get me wrong, but those aliens are going to hate life because the universe just handed us slaves. No one's making them cops. Nobody's handing them guns. They're going to be doing the shit work for the world and humans won't care. It's going to be like District 9 with them living in ghettos and going to the worst possible jobs to work 16 hours a day. And because of the salt water reaction they'll be on special moisture free, salt free food. It would essentially be a kibble. Some people will cry, but the overwhelming majority of us won't have any empathic feeling for them, anymore than you would have empathy for a trout. The people you think would be outraged by this will likely be placated by knowing they're being treated as good as dogs. The smart ones, and I mean the actual high IQ ones, will see this start to happen and being spilling secrets for special treatment, and we'll then have their tech.

Sorry James Caan, your new partner will be scrubbing toilets in the Arctic.

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

Oh and then when we get to space we run into that race and they're everywhere. They're like the dominant species of the universe and are super smart and super kind and have all this knowledge that they would have shared with us when they found us and found that we'd helped their people.

But since we enslaved them, they either:

A. Just zap us and get us like Alderaan

2. Put a force field around Earth so that we can never leave and nothing can ever enter. And we're doomed to run out of everything in our little planet with billions of people.

I like 2 the best.

Alien Redrum

Post by Alien Redrum »

:lol: