The Matrix Resurrections

If it's not horror, this is the place!
Alien Redrum
The Piers Morgan of Horror DNA
Anti-Spam Question: No

The Matrix Resurrections

Post by Alien Redrum »

This one snuck up on me, and I'm really trying to tamper my expectations because the first two sequels were so damn bad. But, I'm excited.

Sorry, no, the less that TV companies plough into reality bullshit, the better. - Follow Horror DNA on Twitter.

Letterboxd - Horror DNA 2021 Halloween Horror Movie Challenge

shiki-jitsu
Horror DNA Hardcore
Horror DNA Hardcore

Re: The Matrix Resurrections

Post by shiki-jitsu »

I hate to admit that I am also kind of excited to see this. Not a fan of the original sequels really, so I am hoping this is better.

I am a bit confused as to why they didn't bring back Fishburne, but have a young guy cosplaying as him. I am assuming there is some time shit at play here, or atleast I hope so.
Letterboxd

"Ghost hunters are the romance novels of tv" - Neon Maniac

Alien Redrum

Post by Alien Redrum »

Yeah, I felt exactly the same about Fishburn. I honestly can't see Fishburn not doing this. I wonder if he's in it but not in the trailer. That would be a great thing.
Sorry, no, the less that TV companies plough into reality bullshit, the better. - Follow Horror DNA on Twitter.

shiki-jitsu
Horror DNA Hardcore
Horror DNA Hardcore

Post by shiki-jitsu »

Alien Redrum wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:52 pm Yeah, I felt exactly the same about Fishburn. I honestly can't see Fishburn not doing this. I wonder if he's in it but not in the trailer. That would be a great thing.
No, he has stated publicly that they never even asked him about being in it and he doesn't know why. So its a weird thing all around.

His character did die in one of the videogames (which I think may be considered canon), but there was some questions around that even then. I just find it annoying that they go out of there way to make the young actor look like him with the glasses and everything. I was telling a friend of mine that I get this is probably a reboot to some extent with some newer younger characters to hopefully move the franchise along, but I would rather have seen them go with a completely new take on that role. But, yeah no info out there really, so maybe I am looking at this completely wrong. :shrug:
These users thanked the author shiki-jitsu for the post:
Alien Redrum (Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:11 pm)
Letterboxd

"Ghost hunters are the romance novels of tv" - Neon Maniac

Alien Redrum

Post by Alien Redrum »

Holy shit, I was not aware of that. This is on the level of South Park when Chef left. :lol: