Star 80, but with Jamie Lee Curtis.

If it's not horror, this is the place!
Alien Redrum
Services No Longer Needed
Anti-Spam Question: No

Star 80, but with Jamie Lee Curtis.

Post by Alien Redrum »

There's a great documentary on Hulu about Dorothy Stratten's tragic story which reminded me that I need to watch Star 80 again.

As I was looking up Stratten on YouTube, I came across this TV movie I had no idea existed. It tells her story, with Jamie Lee Curtis playing her.

Haven't watched this yet, but I definitely want to.

Follow Horror DNA on Twitter.

I'm thinking I might make one to keep in the trunk of the car though. Might be nice to have hot water if I ever have to watch a Matthews compound for 3-4 days hoping to get the drop on Sergio Frenchi. - Neon Bolan

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Re: Star 80, but with Jamie Lee Curtis.

Post by Neon Maniac »

Is the 'doc' a 20/20 episode about it? I've noticed that 20/20 has started advertising their episodes as docs, and this one was all over my screen yesterday. I was kind of surprised to see it, as I thought it was a cut and dried event, no mystery around it.
:facts:

Because AR doesn't take my posts seriously

Alien Redrum

Post by Alien Redrum »

Yeah, I didn't realize it was a 20/20 episode.

It didn't play it like a mystery at all though. Just told the story. It's pretty good. I had only known it from Star 80 and I saw that a hundred years ago.
Follow Horror DNA on Twitter.

I'm thinking I might make one to keep in the trunk of the car though. Might be nice to have hot water if I ever have to watch a Matthews compound for 3-4 days hoping to get the drop on Sergio Frenchi. - Neon Bolan

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

Alien Redrum wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 6:21 pm Yeah, I didn't realize it was a 20/20 episode.

It didn't play it like a mystery at all though. Just told the story. It's pretty good. I had only known it from Star 80 and I saw that a hundred years ago.
Yep, all that. I watched that movie on cable 10000000 times when I was going through puberty. I wonder why they brought that back up.
:facts:

Because AR doesn't take my posts seriously