Grady Hendrix's Paperbacks from Hell

Books, comics etc. anything that's on a page and not moving.
Alien Redrum
Services No Longer Needed
Anti-Spam Question: No

Grady Hendrix's Paperbacks from Hell

Post by Alien Redrum »

If you dig the stellar art on horror paperbacks in the '70s and '80s, Grady Hendrix's Paperbacks from Hell is really a phenomenal book that takes a deep dive into both the art and the trends at the time.

The physical version is coffee-table sized and is gorgeous. However, my copy is autographed and between that and the size, it's a bit much to take on my daily commute. However, it is currently going for $2.99 for the Kindle, and it's beautiful on the fire.

Can't recommend it highly enough.

Also, Stuart just interviewed the author if that floats your boat: https://www.horrordna.com/features/inte ... dy-hendrix

(If your ad blocker is blocking the link, here it is:

Code: Select all

https://www.amazon.com/Paperbacks-Hell-Twisted-History-Fiction-ebook/dp/B01NBO5GIH/?tag=horro06-20
Follow Horror DNA on Twitter.

I'm thinking I might make one to keep in the trunk of the car though. Might be nice to have hot water if I ever have to watch a Matthews compound for 3-4 days hoping to get the drop on Sergio Frenchi. - Neon Bolan

Alien Redrum

Re: Grady Hendrix's Paperbacks from Hell

Post by Alien Redrum »

This is really fucking good. I did a search looking for a complete list of all the books mentioned and came across this Pinterest page. Neato.

I'm thinking I might make one to keep in the trunk of the car though. Might be nice to have hot water if I ever have to watch a Matthews compound for 3-4 days hoping to get the drop on Sergio Frenchi. - Neon Bolan

Alien Redrum

Re: Grady Hendrix's Paperbacks from Hell

Post by Alien Redrum »

OMG THAT PINTEREST LINK TURNED INTO A SCROLLER THAT IS NEATO BURRITO!