The essential collection of beloved ghost stories, compiled by the editor who helped define the genre—including stories from award-winning, bestselling authors such as Joyce Carol Oates, Alice Hoffman, Seanan McGuire, and Paul Tremblay.
Everyone loves a good ghost story, especially Ellen Datlow—the most lauded editor in short works of supernatural suspense and dark fantasy. The Saga Anthology of Ghost Stories is her definitive collection of ghost stories.
These twenty-nine stories, including all new works from New York Times bestselling authors Joyce Carol Oates, Alice Hoffman, Seanan McGuire, and Paul Tremblay, span from the traditional to the eclectic, from the mainstream to the literary, from pure fantasy to the bizarrely supernatural. Whether you’re reading alone under the covers with a flashlight, or around a campfire with a circle of friends, there’s something here to please—and spook—everyone.
Contributors include: Joyce Carol Oates, Alice Hoffman, Vincent J. Masterson, A.C. Wise, M. Rickert, Seanan McGuire, Lee Thomas, Alison Littlewood, M.L. Siemienowicz, Richard Kadrey, Indrapramit Das, Richard Bowes, Nick Mamatas, Terry Dowling, Aliette de Bodard, Carole Johnstone, Dale Bailey, Stephen Graham Jones, Bracken MacLeod, Garth Nix, Brian Evenson, Jeffrey Ford, Gemma Files, Paul Tremblay, Nathan Ballingrud, Pat Cadigan, John Langan.
Purchase here (or at the bookstore of your choice) and join in on the discussion:
I'm hoping this is right because I'm doing a copypasta without verifying. I'll adjust if necessary.
Table of Contents:
- Introduction Ellen Datlow
Ice Cold Lemonade 25ȼHaunted House Tour: 1 Per Person,” by Paul Tremblay
- “Linger Longer,” by Vincent J. Masterson
- “Whimper Beg,” by Lee Thomas
- “The July Girls,” by Alison Littlewood
- “About the O’Dells,” by Pat Cadigan
- “A Hinterlands Haunting,” by Richard Kadrey
- “The Number of Things You Remember,” by M. L. Siemienowicz
- “Must Be This Tall to Ride,” by Seanan McGuire
- “The Surviving Child,” by Joyce Carol Oates
- “The Medium’s End,” by Ford Madox Ford
- “A Shade of Dusk,” by Indrapramit Das
- “Icarus Rising,” by Richard Bowes
- “The Puppet Motel,” by Gemma Files
- “Air Valve Semilunar Astern,” by Nick Mamatas
- “The Unwrapping,” by Terry Dowling
- “The Upper Berth,” by F. Marion Crawford
- “A Burning Sword for Her Cradle,” by Aliette de Bodard
- “Precipice,” by Dale Bailey
- “The Shooter,” by M. Rickert
- “The Tree of Self-Knowledge,” by Stephen Graham Jones
- “The Other Woman,” by Alice Hoffman
- “The Loneliness of Not Being Haunted,” by Bracken MacLeod
- “Mee-Ow,” by Garth Nix
- “Jasper Dodd’s Handbook of Spirits and Manifestations,” by Nathan Ballingrud
- “His Haunting,” by Brian Evenson
- “The Jeweled Wren,” by Jeffrey Ford
- “The Air, the Ocean, the Earth, the Deep,” by Siobhan Carroll
- “The Ghost Sequences,” by A. C. Wise
- “Deep, Fast, Green,” by Carole Johnstone
- “Natalia, Queen of the Hungry Dogs,” by John Langan