AMC's The Killing

Anything else; TV, music, video games etc.
Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Anti-Spam Question: No

Re: AMC's The Killing

Post by Neon Maniac »

shiki-jitsu wrote:
Spoiler:
I must have missed this reply, but from what I remember it was her friend getting banged.

I am still leaning towards Rick. He is the only unnecessary character in the whole story. Their really is no need for him and they keep dragging him back in. That said, with only two episodes left they really need to scramble to tie him in if that is the case.

I'm guessing he is tied in to One Eyed Jacks somehow. (if it's him).
Spoiler:
There may be only 2 left, but this is season 1. The original series ran 20 episodes. I'm guessing the murder is solved at the end of next season. Rick's too minor of a character. He didn't do it. The mom did it. When they rerun the series, rewatch the mom in the first episode when they're looking for her. Notice she doesn't go anywhere or look for the daughter. She's upset, yes. But not in a my daughter's missing sort of way. Watch it again with an eye of her being the killer, and you'll see what I mean.
:facts:

Because AR doesn't take my posts seriously

shiki-jitsu
Horror DNA Hardcore
Horror DNA Hardcore

Post by shiki-jitsu »

This is a funny read (if you've watched the finale): http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/668 ... rst-degree" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

NOTE: the author gives away the ending of the Danish show if that matters to you. You can safely read up until the end of the last set of bullets (around footnote 8 )

I will share my thoughts later.
Letterboxd

"Ghost hunters are the romance novels of tv" - Neon Maniac

TGM
Juvenile Reviewer
Juvenile Reviewer

Post by TGM »

I recorded the entire series, but never got around to watching it. I was hoping to hear good things about the finale, with a nice resolution, akin to a miniseries, but from what I gather nothing was resolved, and they really pissed off a lot of people. Considering I have limited time, a fuckload of other things to watch, the series isn't in HD, and the negative reviews about the finale and the overall slow pace of the show I have deleted them all without watching.

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

From the beginning, the series was said to last 2 seasons. AMC always said it would conclude in the second season. Nobody said it was a mini series, and I think the original that it's following is 22 or 26 episodes long. Knowing it wasn't going to conclude, the season finale was actually really good and cliff hangery. The pace of the show is actually really quick, with each episode being an entire day in the investigation. The series was also in HD.

I could see how a Joe Sixpack sitting around his trailer home would bitch and moan about it; because let's face it, this show isn't Short Attention Span Theater and it doesn't have a lot of bright, shiny objects that move quickly around the screen while making beeping noises. If this was on ABC, they would show a season of 22 episodes and conclude the series at the end. If it was on HBO, it would take 3 seasons to show those same episodes. On AMC, it takes 2. Harry Hooplehead can't understand that they've only seen half the story and are angered and confused. Hayseeds everywhere riot in protest, because like human goldfish hybrids, they can't live past their 2 week memory block.

Seriously though, you should watch it when they rerun it before the next season. You'd probably like it.

shiki-jitsu
Horror DNA Hardcore
Horror DNA Hardcore

Post by shiki-jitsu »

I am almost caught up now on Season 2, just haven't watched yesterday's episode yet. Have to say I am enjoying it more this season as they have seemed to lose a lot of the Twin Peaks lifts homages. You still watching, Neon?
Letterboxd

"Ghost hunters are the romance novels of tv" - Neon Maniac

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

I haven't watched any of season 2. Don't ruin it for me, dingus.