American Horror Story

Anything else; TV, music, video games etc.
mistressmacabre
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse
Anti-Spam Question: No

American Horror Story

Post by mistressmacabre »

I'm sure everyone has been seeing the commercials for this, but FX is starting up a new show called American Horror Story. I'm actually really interested in seeing this. Made by the same people that did Nip/Tuck seems good to me. I know a lot of people hated that show after the first few episodes, but I was an addict. So Im hoping this show is going to be just as good.

[youtube2]http://youtu.be/JOugYXSfNow[/youtube2]
Mistress Macabre

shiki-jitsu
Horror DNA Hardcore
Horror DNA Hardcore

Re: American Horror Story

Post by shiki-jitsu »

I am hoping it is going to be good. FX has a pretty good track record in recent years for shows. I wasn't a fan of Nip/Tuck nor am I a fan of Glee... so both of those things worry me.

This has potential, and I am looking forward to it.
Letterboxd

"Ghost hunters are the romance novels of tv" - Neon Maniac

TGM
Juvenile Reviewer
Juvenile Reviewer

Post by TGM »

I just watched it last night and thought it was fantastic... it's all over the place, but I haven't been this entertained by a television show in ages.

shiki-jitsu
Horror DNA Hardcore
Horror DNA Hardcore

Post by shiki-jitsu »

I watched it last week. I liked it well enough, and I think it can still have some potential, but there are problems with it. Biggest issue for me is the unlikability of the family... primarily Dylan McDermott. The guy is really an asshole, and seems to get a hard-on at the drop of a hat. The show seems like a cross between American Beauty and The Others. And will probably be a little too much style over substance.

The lifting from other movies is kind of annoying too. The "you'll die up there" Excorcist line and the creepy twins a la The Shining, but they will be better because they are boy twins!!!. :jack:

This will also ultimately have the Lost problem of if the characters would actually just talk to each other they would be well aware of what the fuck is going on. What you think is your husband comes in to the bedroom dressed in a rubber bondage suit and fucks your brains out... but this never gets mentioned? Really.

The maid (young version) is hot as fuck though.
Letterboxd

TGM
Juvenile Reviewer
Juvenile Reviewer

Post by TGM »

Rumor has it that each season may have a different family...... which would be a cool concept.

Alien Redrum
Services No Longer Needed

Post by Alien Redrum »

shiki-jitsu wrote:I watched it last week. I liked it well enough, and I think it can still have some potential, but there are problems with it. Biggest issue for me is the unlikability of the family... primarily Dylan McDermott. The guy is really an asshole, and seems to get a hard-on at the drop of a hat. The show seems like a cross between American Beauty and The Others. And will probably be a little too much style over substance.
All good points. It's very stylistic, and while I really liked the first episode, I want that style shit to stop. Now.
The lifting from other movies is kind of annoying too. The "you'll die up there" Excorcist line and the creepy twins a la The Shining, but they will be better because they are boy twins!!!. :jack:
I don't agree with this part at all, in particular the twins aspect. They weren't creepy at all and they weren't supposed to be. But that girl did creep the shit out of me, both as a child and an adult.
This will also ultimately have the Lost problem of if the characters would actually just talk to each other they would be well aware of what the fuck is going on. What you think is your husband comes in to the bedroom dressed in a rubber bondage suit and fucks your brains out... but this never gets mentioned? Really.
Yeah, I thought that was odd, too. Maybe he fucked the memory out of her.
The maid (young version) is hot as fuck though.
Oh God yes. If she was an old lady, but I saw her as the young version, even if I knew she was really an old lady, I'd still beat that shit up. Jesus Christ she's hot.

And let's not forget Jessica Lang in this. She was fanfuckingtastic in every goddamn scene she was in. "If you don't get out of my way, I'll kill you again." WTF!
Follow Horror DNA on Twitter.

I'm thinking I might make one to keep in the trunk of the car though. Might be nice to have hot water if I ever have to watch a Matthews compound for 3-4 days hoping to get the drop on Sergio Frenchi. - Neon Bolan

shiki-jitsu
Horror DNA Hardcore
Horror DNA Hardcore

Post by shiki-jitsu »

Second episode was ok.
Spoiler:
* I like how the house kills people... but is a protector of the family it will eventually kill. WTF?

* Dylan McDermott likes crazy pussy.

* Daughter was a little bit less annoying in this episode.

* Style level dropped a little bit I think. Or atleast didn't bother me as much.

* Best thing about the show (other than sexy young maid) is the opening credits song.
Letterboxd

TGM
Juvenile Reviewer
Juvenile Reviewer

Post by TGM »

Alien Redrum wrote:Oh God yes. If she was an old lady, but I saw her as the young version, even if I knew she was really an old lady, I'd still beat that shit up. Jesus Christ she's hot.
OK, what if this... every 5 seconds, for 1 second intervals, the hot young maid quickly flashed into her old, one-eyed, ugly self, yet the other 4 seconds she was the hot young chick... would you still go at it?

Alien Redrum

Post by Alien Redrum »

Yes.

I'm thinking I might make one to keep in the trunk of the car though. Might be nice to have hot water if I ever have to watch a Matthews compound for 3-4 days hoping to get the drop on Sergio Frenchi. - Neon Bolan

shiki-jitsu
Horror DNA Hardcore
Horror DNA Hardcore

Post by shiki-jitsu »

Yes. Reverse that and still yes.
Letterboxd

TGM
Juvenile Reviewer
Juvenile Reviewer

Post by TGM »

shiki-jitsu wrote:Yes. Reverse that and still yes.

:rotfl: :clap:

Alien Redrum

Post by Alien Redrum »

shiki-jitsu wrote:Yes. Reverse that and still yes.
:lol: :mffacts: :lol:

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

I'm about half way through the first one right now. I am so glad the redhead kids got killed, I hated them both. Even if my house wasn't haunted, I'd find some way to lure them in and kill them. I hate them so.
:facts:

Because AR doesn't take my posts seriously

Alien Redrum

Post by Alien Redrum »

:lol:

TGM
Juvenile Reviewer
Juvenile Reviewer

Post by TGM »

second episode was excellent. this is my new favorite show of the season, by far. Lange brings it again... she gets to say some of the best lines.