Les Revenants (TV series)

Anything else; TV, music, video games etc.
Mairosu
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Les Revenants (TV series)

Post by Mairosu »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Les_Revenants_(TV_series" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;)

Some of you might remember the same-named French "zombie" film, with english title "they came back". Well, this is a TV take on it. Produced by Canal+ (think of it as a HBO production for french standards), this is a story of dead coming back to life in a small French village in the alpes. Except, they're not exactly bloodthirsty or have the urge for brains - they seemingly just want to get on with their normal lives. The affected are a schoolgirl who died in a car crash, a musician who died on the day of his wedding, and some more. And, oh, they all came back 10 years after, conveniently freaking out people around them.

I am 2 eps in. Flatmate is into Mogwai, and they composed the soundtrack which he liked, so he DL'd the series (just 8 eps, one season, hour each) and I am watching along. While not horror per se, it is very, very eerie and well done, and I can't wait to check the rest. Per wiki article, s2 is to be aired in feb 14. You'll also note that it very much resembles twin peaks in some aspects, yet, it's very different (read : much less rambling hogwash).

Worth a look IMO. Can be found on the torrent with subs.

Mairosu
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Re: Les Revenants (TV series)

Post by Mairosu »

4 eps in now. This show has more "Oh, snap!" moments than the annual telecast of the branch breaking contest. The conclusion is not gonna be pretty. Can't wait.