Riverdale

Anything else; TV, music, video games etc.
Alien Redrum
Services No Longer Needed
Anti-Spam Question: No

Re: Riverdale

Post by Alien Redrum »

:lol:
Follow Horror DNA on Twitter.

I'm thinking I might make one to keep in the trunk of the car though. Might be nice to have hot water if I ever have to watch a Matthews compound for 3-4 days hoping to get the drop on Sergio Frenchi. - Neon Bolan

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

Spoiler:
Cheryl tells and shows all of her friends she's got her brother's body and has been carrying it around her house for 4 seasons now. Nobody says shit. It's like, yeah, it's Cheryl. Of course she's still got her brothers corpse and sits it at the dinner table with her Nana. No judgment there, nothing but acceptance.

And the Vixens performing Cherry Bomb....
:facts:

Because AR doesn't take my posts seriously

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

And I just got that the prep school jerk is named Brett Weston Wallis; a play on Brett Easton Ellis, I'm sure. I wondered why he didn't have an alliterative name like everyone else.

shiki-jitsu
Horror DNA Hardcore
Horror DNA Hardcore

Post by shiki-jitsu »

Neon Maniac wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 6:30 am
I feel like every season can of this show is like a rundown from Stefon. You get everything. Cholos, puppets doing karate, midgets, schizos, kite enthusiasts, and Blingo, Black Ringo.

This is the most accurate description on this show. Season 1 wasn’t fully there but it was getting there and second season they embraced this philosophy and just ran with it and have yet to turn it off.
Letterboxd

"Ghost hunters are the romance novels of tv" - Neon Maniac

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

I'm still laughing about Charles Chickens. You ever see that name on a board and you can fucking bet it's going to be me.

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

shiki-jitsu wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 7:03 am This is the most accurate description on this show. Season 1 wasn’t fully there but it was getting there and second season they embraced this philosophy and just ran with it and have yet to turn it off.
:lol:

I don't see how the show could even jump the shark, it's just so crazy. How this is not the number one show in the world is beyond me. Attractive people dressed like sluts doing crazy shit in ridiculous situations. There's really nothing else you could ask for. And what the heck was up with Edgar's spaceship that was hilarious.

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

Fucking Charles Chickens, man. :lol:

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

I'm watching the season finale. This has been a wild ride and it's not stopping any time soon, at least not with this episode. Fucking Charles Chickens. Cult leaders with space ships. Baxter Boys. Rum. Brett Weston Wallis. Tickling. This show gets 10 stars out of 10 stars. The only thing that would've made this season better is more softcore nudity for the teenage sex scenes.

shiki-jitsu
Horror DNA Hardcore
Horror DNA Hardcore

Post by shiki-jitsu »

I am finally working on finishing this season. I am watching the Hedwig episode and I know it’s wrong to compare, but there has never been a show that has ever been able to come close to doing a musical episode even half as good as Once More With Feeling. They all try but never get there.

Also...
Spoiler:
I am annoyed about the Archie/Betty thing.
Letterboxd

"Ghost hunters are the romance novels of tv" - Neon Maniac

Alien Redrum

Post by Alien Redrum »

You ever watch Bob's Burgers. They often have musical episodes that are good. (The WHOLE thing isn't singing, but rather songs throughout.)
Follow Horror DNA on Twitter.

I'm thinking I might make one to keep in the trunk of the car though. Might be nice to have hot water if I ever have to watch a Matthews compound for 3-4 days hoping to get the drop on Sergio Frenchi. - Neon Bolan

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

shiki-jitsu wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 6:56 am I am finally working on finishing this season. I am watching the Hedwig episode and I know it’s wrong to compare, but there has never been a show that has ever been able to come close to doing a musical episode even half as good as Once More With Feeling. They all try but never get there.

Also...
Spoiler:
I am annoyed about the Archie/Betty thing.
Agreed all around there. It wasn't a very good musical episode. And you know they were going to have to do some kind of Betty/Archie storyline at some point, but yeah. It was lame.
Alien Redrum wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 2:22 pm You ever watch Bob's Burgers. They often have musical episodes that are good. (The WHOLE thing isn't singing, but rather songs throughout.)
Just... stop. It's a cartoon. You can't compare it to live action. It's not the same. It doesn't work like that.