Was it this bad on Ghost Hunters?

Anything else; TV, music, video games etc.
Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Anti-Spam Question: No

Re: Was it this bad on Ghost Hunters?

Post by Neon Maniac »

Listening to Steve Gonsalves is really interesting. I'm glad I'm hearing this. I'm glad Shiki will hear it through his C2C subscription. I guess AR might hear it in 30 years when it makes its way onto Tune-In. :shrug:

He's actually really honest in that he doesn't define things and won't name something, he's just happy to share an experience or to investigate someone else's.
:facts:

Because AR doesn't take my posts seriously

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

lol he's talking about Dave Tango. I liked him and forgot all about him. You know who he's not mentioning? Brian Harnois.

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

I'm going to stop commenting on this as the hour is ending and it's just going to calls, but it's been really good to hear that his overall philosophy towards this really hasn't changed, and he's definitely not one of these people trying to cash in.

shiki-jitsu
Horror DNA Hardcore
Horror DNA Hardcore

Post by shiki-jitsu »

AR if you want I can record it to an old cassette a few times and then transfer it digitally to RealPlayer so you can enjoy the episode? Let Me know.
Letterboxd

"Ghost hunters are the romance novels of tv" - Neon Maniac

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

shiki-jitsu wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 11:35 am AR if you want I can record it to an old cassette a few times and then transfer it digitally to RealPlayer so you can enjoy the episode? Let Me know.
It will probably be easier if he just mails you his Zune so you can load it on there for him.

Alien Redrum
Services No Longer Needed

Post by Alien Redrum »

shiki-jitsu wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 5:18 am
Neon Maniac wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:38 pm Why do you watch garbage like this, and then never watch actual real shows that are good? Like you'll take 9 years to watch an 8 episode series of a good drama, but then you'll watch these shows all the time nonstop? I'm suggesting you re-evaluate your TV watching goals here. :lol:

Lord knows I watch a ton of garbage, but I also make sure to watch good shows so that Neon and I can discuss them while we wait for you to catch up AR. :shake:
me wrote:Plus I think part of it too is how much it irrationally annoys others that I take my time with TV series. :lol:
:yay: :yay: :yay: :yay:
Follow Horror DNA on Twitter.

I'm thinking I might make one to keep in the trunk of the car though. Might be nice to have hot water if I ever have to watch a Matthews compound for 3-4 days hoping to get the drop on Sergio Frenchi. - Neon Bolan

Alien Redrum

Post by Alien Redrum »

shiki-jitsu wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 11:35 am AR if you want I can record it to an old cassette a few times and then transfer it digitally to RealPlayer so you can enjoy the episode? Let Me know.
I don't doubt for one second you still have a cassette player. As a matter of fact, I don't even doubt you bought a new release on a cassette within the past month and claim it sounds great. :mad:

I'm thinking I might make one to keep in the trunk of the car though. Might be nice to have hot water if I ever have to watch a Matthews compound for 3-4 days hoping to get the drop on Sergio Frenchi. - Neon Bolan

Alien Redrum

Post by Alien Redrum »

Neon Maniac wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 11:47 am
It will probably be easier if he just mails you his Zune so you can load it on there for him.
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Still better than an iPod. :mad:

Alien Redrum

Post by Alien Redrum »

Neon Maniac wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 7:52 am lol he's talking about Dave Tango. I liked him and forgot all about him. You know who he's not mentioning? Brian Harnois.
Harnois was always so unlikable. Ugh.

Alien Redrum

Post by Alien Redrum »

All bs aside, you're probably right in that I will never hear this unless it comes across TuneIn or other means. I simply won't ever pay for C2C. I can't stand Noory at all and the old Art Bell episodes are super easy to find. (Seriously, that Spotify channel is the shit.)

No way I can justify paying for it.

shiki-jitsu
Horror DNA Hardcore
Horror DNA Hardcore

Post by shiki-jitsu »

Alien Redrum wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 1:21 pm
I don't doubt for one second you still have a cassette player. As a matter of fact, I don't even doubt you bought a new release on a cassette within the past month and claim it sounds great. :mad:
I buy cassettes all the time... :lol: Some of my favorite artists only release on cassette sometimes. :cry2:

I won't say they sound great. There is an interesting quality, especially to the style of music I buy on them, but it is not as chip as a good digital release no. :facts:

Some of the more recent purchases... :lol:

Letterboxd

Alien Redrum

Post by Alien Redrum »

JFC. That's some hipster bullshit if I've ever seen it. Any band that only releases on cassette is filled with a bunch or annoying assholes.

shiki-jitsu
Horror DNA Hardcore
Horror DNA Hardcore

Post by shiki-jitsu »

Alien Redrum wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 4:08 pm JFC. That's some hipster bullshit if I've ever seen it. Any band that only releases on cassette is filled with a bunch or annoying assholes.
Its just VERY cheap to do and you can do extremely small runs. So I get it.
Letterboxd

Alien Redrum

Post by Alien Redrum »

You know what's even cheaper and you can satisfy most of your fans? MP3s. They can even do APE or FLAC or whatever it is that audiophiles like. You can even put audio hiss in it I bet.

I truly can't see this being about the money. Shit, putting it on a USB is probably cheaper than a cassette. This is attention whoring.

Don't get me wrong, I get it. But it's a marketing gimmick through and through, and I'd be pissed if I was a fan and that's the only way it was released.

shiki-jitsu
Horror DNA Hardcore
Horror DNA Hardcore

Post by shiki-jitsu »

Alien Redrum wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 6:13 pm You know what's even cheaper and you can satisfy most of your fans? MP3s. They can even do APE or FLAC or whatever it is that audiophiles like. You can even put audio hiss in it I bet.

I truly can't see this being about the money. Shit, putting it on a USB is probably cheaper than a cassette. This is attention whoring.

Don't get me wrong, I get it. But it's a marketing gimmick through and through, and I'd be pissed if I was a fan and that's the only way it was released.
Usually you get a digital download as well. The reality is most niche bands like to release something physical its an easy way to connect to fans and most of these artists embrace the DIY aspect (now whether its nostalgia or some odd reverence by the young who knows? But this is the age of fake nostalgia ie Stranger Things, etc.) Nobody has the dough to invest in a vinyl run, nobody wants CDs, so the next best and most tactile approach is cassette. Whether it is a small production run or hand recorded by the artist people want it. And they are usually cheap to buy as well. So extra $6 in the artists hand on something that they would normally just make some pennies on streaming. What I find funny is the larger music acts making cassette runs now. That is a marketing gimmick through and through.

Personally I am waiting for the 8-track revolution!
Letterboxd