We're Not Gonna Take It - George Noory's new show

Anything else; TV, music, video games etc.
shiki-jitsu
Horror DNA Hardcore
Horror DNA Hardcore

We're Not Gonna Take It - George Noory's new show

Post by shiki-jitsu »

I am literally 30 seconds in and I am already wondering how he took any of this.

The opening title sequence is so rushed that the title of the show flashes on screen for about a half of a second twice. Then the show is called "We're Not Gonna Take It" Noory announces it as "We're Not Going To Take It" and it is labelled on Amazon as "We're Not Gonna To Take It" :rotfl: Oh, George. You do not disappoint.

I will update after I see more.
Letterboxd

"Ghost hunters are the romance novels of tv" - Neon Maniac

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Anti-Spam Question: No

Re: We're Not Gonna Take It - George Noory's new show

Post by Neon Maniac »

What does he talk about? Are their guests? I just know this from the occasional show where he opens up the Mad As Hell line and they bleep out Hell and they play the audio from that scene in Network, and they bleep out damn and Hell there too. Because god forbid someone hear both of those words on a late night radio program.
:facts:

Because AR doesn't take my posts seriously

Alien Redrum
Services No Longer Needed

Post by Alien Redrum »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm not even going to watch this show because y'all's breakdown is going to be far more entertaining.
Follow Horror DNA on Twitter.

I'm thinking I might make one to keep in the trunk of the car though. Might be nice to have hot water if I ever have to watch a Matthews compound for 3-4 days hoping to get the drop on Sergio Frenchi. - Neon Bolan

Alien Redrum

Post by Alien Redrum »

Just fucking noticed the pizza rolls.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Follow Horror DNA on Twitter.

I'm thinking I might make one to keep in the trunk of the car though. Might be nice to have hot water if I ever have to watch a Matthews compound for 3-4 days hoping to get the drop on Sergio Frenchi. - Neon Bolan

shiki-jitsu
Horror DNA Hardcore
Horror DNA Hardcore

Post by shiki-jitsu »

Neon Maniac wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 12:57 am What does he talk about? Are their guests? I just know this from the occasional show where he opens up the Mad As Hell line and they bleep out Hell and they play the audio from that scene in Network, and they bleep out damn and Hell there too. Because god forbid someone hear both of those words on a late night radio program.
I only watched about half of it so far since I was at work. It’s setup like a late night show. He had a short monologue setting up the show and then talked with his Ed McMahon at the desk. They did a man on the street piece and then he brought on a guest. The topic is all EMPs
Letterboxd

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

shiki-jitsu wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 3:09 am I only watched about half of it so far since I was at work. It’s setup like a late night show. He had a short monologue setting up the show and then talked with his Ed McMahon at the desk. They did a man on the street piece and then he brought on a guest. The topic is all EMPs
JFC this sounds terrible. Is his McMahon his producer Tom? I hate that guy. There's all kinds of creepy stories out there about him. I need to start watching this immediately.

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

I'm watching it right now. This is a shit show. It looks like a fancy public access show or a lame ass local sunday morning show. It's filmed terribly. The audience looks like they were gathered from a senior center where some guy was just rounding up people for a free show.

I have no idea who his McMahon is. Pete Vaccaro? Who are you Pete?

Noory is very clearly dying his hair. He looks old and sad.

And JFC they have a video from the Guy From Pittsburg. I can see microphone shadow behind them. This is like a bunch of old guys put together a set in their rec room and started doing a youtube show. And god damn, if this show doesn't have a huge infomercial vibe.

The people asking questions in the audience are 100% plants. They are asking talking points that the guest is always regurgitating when he's on C2C.

Oh, and the theme song is 100% a rip off of AC/DC's Dirty Deeds.

shiki-jitsu
Horror DNA Hardcore
Horror DNA Hardcore

Post by shiki-jitsu »

I haven’t watched more yet, but I didn’t want to mention the fact that they advertised The Guy From Pittsburgh in the opening of the show as a selling point until I had watched his segment. :lol:

This is embarrassing all around.
Letterboxd

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

The show is 18 mins and over rehearsed. There was not one spontaneous thing on that show as far as I'm concerned. It was totally set up to be like propaganda in that regard.