Joe Tiger

Anything else; TV, music, video games etc.
Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Anti-Spam Question: No

Joe Tiger

Post by Neon Maniac »

I'm about 7 minutes into ep2 and the husband starts talking about ligers. I just about lost it.

:facts:

Because AR doesn't take my posts seriously

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Re: Joe Tiger

Post by Neon Maniac »

I've made it to Ep4, and I think Jeff Lowe is probably what JRoc would grow up into in the real world. :lol:

Alien Redrum
Services No Longer Needed

Post by Alien Redrum »

:lol:

This documentary is so good. :lol:

I also love the people who make it a point to tell everyone that they won't watch it, like they're above it. :lol: Okay. :lol:
Follow Horror DNA on Twitter.

I'm thinking I might make one to keep in the trunk of the car though. Might be nice to have hot water if I ever have to watch a Matthews compound for 3-4 days hoping to get the drop on Sergio Frenchi. - Neon Bolan

shiki-jitsu
Horror DNA Hardcore
Horror DNA Hardcore

Post by shiki-jitsu »

I won't watch it because it really doesn't interest me. Not above it, but its been so over talked about I know enough of the story to really not care. :shrug: Wasn't interested before the hype, not interested after it.
Letterboxd

"Ghost hunters are the romance novels of tv" - Neon Maniac

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

shiki-jitsu wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 7:41 pm I won't watch it because it really doesn't interest me. Not above it, but its been so over talked about I know enough of the story to really not care. :shrug: Wasn't interested before the hype, not interested after it.
This is where I was with it.

I agree, people shit themselves over it, and it broke the matrix when 2 weeks after it was #1 in the country due to quarantined people binging it, real tigers started to show up with COVID-19.

All of that aside, it is interesting. Is it too long? Yes. But then there's a shitload of footage, so it kind of has to be for all of this to make sense. I'm watching it at the speed AR watches a good TV show, about an episode a week or so. Aside from the interviews made specifically for the doc, all of the footage is old. I kind of view this as a 'found footage' documentary. And since its old, it's genuine. It's not people trying to act crazy for a doc. It's just people acting crazy because they are.

I originally avoided it because the hype made it look like it was sensationalizing a bunch of people and incidents; creating drama; and playing up the 'eccentricities' of some people featured in it. In short, everything I hate about reality TV, especially when it claims to be a "documentary". But no, this is 100% not the case. Yes, the editor can control the narrative based on what footage they show and who they talk to, but that's the case for any doc.

Here, it really is a crazy situation with a bunch of crazy people, and instead of trying to sensationalize and profit off the backs of the crazy, it attempts to show the crazy in an honest way, then sort through the crazy to try and find the truth in the situation. I wouldn't call any of this sensationalized. I would say the biggest thing the director does here in that vein is to present a bunch of facts, lay them out, let you reach a conclusion, and the go, "But wait, there's more..." and then introduces something totally crazy pants that you couldn't have guessed.

It's worth a watch, I don't think it's worth a binge.

Alien Redrum

Post by Alien Redrum »

shiki-jitsu wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 7:41 pm I won't watch it because it really doesn't interest me. Not above it, but its been so over talked about I know enough of the story to really not care. :shrug: Wasn't interested before the hype, not interested after it.
Nah, I mean...I'm talking about people that make it fucking point to post that they aren't watching it. They're the same people who post the dumb shit like "Is ThErE sPoRtSbALl On ToDaY?" on Super Bowl Sunday. STFU. You're stupid. No one gives one fucking shit that you don't watch football. You're even dumber for acting like you don't know the Super Bowl is on. I don't watch the Oscars because I don't give a shit, but I don't post about it much less post some dumb shit about not knowing what actors do for a fucking living.

I"m talking about those people. The ones who think they get a gold fucking medal for not watching the most popular thing on TV.

Guess what? I've seen maybe three episodes of Seinfeld. Same with Friends. Not my bag. I get their popularity. But I don't need a medal because I don't like them.
Here, it really is a crazy situation with a bunch of crazy people, and instead of trying to sensationalize and profit off the backs of the crazy, it attempts to show the crazy in an honest way, then sort through the crazy to try and find the truth in the situation. I wouldn't call any of this sensationalized. I would say the biggest thing the director does here in that vein is to present a bunch of facts, lay them out, let you reach a conclusion, and the go, "But wait, there's more..." and then introduces something totally crazy pants that you couldn't have guessed.
THIS. I would have stopped after the first episode if it was like Duck Dynasty or whatever flavor of the month reality TV show it is where everyone plays up to the camera. But the editing is REALLY good here. TBH, while I certainly agree that no documentary is unbiased, this one does really do a pretty good job of staying unbiased. The filmmakers did a pretty good job of letting the people dig their own holes. :lol:

And, yes, that could definitely be editing, but the case files back the filmmakers in about all of these people are pretty shitty. As a matter of fact, Tiger King is a far bigger piece of absolute shit than he's shown on camera. Yeah, you definitely get that he's annoying as fuck, but dude is flat out a piece of shit. Definitely make sure to watch the bonus episode with Joel Whatshisface interviewing people.

I will say though, I like the guy who only has one arm, I like the guy with '80s rock star hair (definitely my favorite), and I like the guy with no legs. Those three really seemed sincere. But rock star hair is the absolute best. He gives zero fucks.

I'm thinking I might make one to keep in the trunk of the car though. Might be nice to have hot water if I ever have to watch a Matthews compound for 3-4 days hoping to get the drop on Sergio Frenchi. - Neon Bolan

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

Pretty sure the guy with one arm is a woman.

Alien Redrum

Post by Alien Redrum »

He identifies as a man, though. So I just go with the flow. :)

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

I guess I didn't see that part, so I'll just have to trust the social justice warriors on this one. :roll:

Alien Redrum

Post by Alien Redrum »

They messed up in the documentary. I referred to him as her at first, then I learned different when it came out later his preferred pronoun is he/him. He said in an interview he really didn't give a shit and it bothered everyone else more than him; he has bigger things to worry about. :lol:

But if that's what he prefers, that's what I'll go with. No bother to me.

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

Alien Redrum wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 7:29 pm They messed up in the documentary. I referred to him as her at first, then I learned different when it came out later his preferred pronoun is he/him. He said in an interview he really didn't give a shit and it bothered everyone else more than him; he has bigger things to worry about. :lol:

But if that's what he prefers, that's what I'll go with. No bother to me.
I believe all of that.

Him, no legs, and the rock star all seemed to be the victims here. I thought there were a lot more eps than there were, so I ended up finishing it while working last night :lol:

The part that kept confusing me, and I have to admit that it's probably because I really only half watched it while I was working, was that I thought the Carol's Husband that was in the doc was the one she had murdered and I kept waiting for him to disappear and was confused when he was there talking about the trial and all that. I had to google Carol's marriages and I hate that :mad:

I think Joe was railroaded, but at the same time, like OJ, I'm okay that he went to jail for something, because he definitely deserved to go to jail for other things. Jeff was 100% manipulating things here. I kept waiting for a middle aged T to show up at the end and fist bump him as they counted their money, because the dude was 100% middle aged JRoc.

Alien Redrum

Post by Alien Redrum »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

See, I'm with you on that whole last paragraph. 100%.

He definitely deserves to be in jail. He's done a LOT of shit that they didn't even mention. The bonus episode touches on that, and dig a little deeper and you'll find out how fucking scummy he is. He's a predator too. But I think the whole Carol Baskins thing is overblown.

Alien Redrum

Post by Alien Redrum »

Oh! Speaking of that bitch Carol Baskins, did you see the wedding pictures of her and her husband?? :lol:

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

Alien Redrum wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 12:19 am Oh! Speaking of that bitch Carol Baskins, did you see the wedding pictures of her and her husband?? :lol:
No, but I have now, you bastard :mad:

Ok, so you can see my confusion and amazement here. Those pics of him on a leash as a tiger are 100% as I saw him too. So when they were talking about him being this multi millionaire pilot businessman who flies to Costa Rica and likes the babes... I was like, really? :lol: Not realizing it wasn't Howard who was going to be killed eventually Because why would she kill Howard? He worships her. :lol:

DJBenz
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by DJBenz »

I only watched this show so I could understand the memes.
Horror DNA on the web: www | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Instagram