Bewitched

Anything else; TV, music, video games etc.
Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Anti-Spam Question: No

Bewitched

Post by Neon Maniac »

This morning's Bewitched was hilarious.

It was Tabitha's birthday, and all of Samantha's family was off at some witch party, so they weren't worried about anyone showing up, so they threw her a real party with mortal kids.

Only, Uncle Arthur totally showed up and took over the party. Sam was pissed!

Then, Larry drops by with a client who's played by Bernie Kopell. This is an important detail, because if you know Bernie Kopell, you know he's been in a veritable shitload of sitcoms and guest star spots from the 60's to the 70's, and the one thing *ALL* of those roles have in common is, he's a poon hound and the ladies love him.

So Uncle Arthur decides it would be funny to do a magic show for the party kids. He does all kinds of stupid magic shit, just winging it because he's a warlock and he's making things happen. They kids are loving it. For his big finale, he's going to make a rabbit appear behind his cloak.

Only, he doesn't get a rabbit, he gets a bunny. He gets a big boobied blonde woman in a bunny outfit. Something went wrong and he basically turned a white rabbit into a woman. Sam was pissed!

So Bernie and Larry see this, and while Larry's married to Louise, Bernie is a poonhound and the ladies love him. So he's all over Bunny and dry humping her. While Sam and Arthur try to figure out what went wrong, and Derwood tries to occupy Larry (Larry thinks Bunny must be Arthur's girlfriend -- Yeah right!) Horny Bernie sneaks Bunny away to a bar where he starts plying her with alcohol.

Sam and Arthur think they figure out how to solve it, but now they can't find her or Bernie. So Sam zaps herself to the only bar in the show, and finds Bernie and Bunny canoodling in a booth. She tricks them into coming home with her some how and it turns out their plan doesn't work because now Bunny's in love with Bernie.

At dinner Bernie tells everyone that he proposed to Bunny and they're going to get married. This is how horny Bernie is. Sam and Arthur realize this is what's keeping Bunny human, so they try to break them up. They start telling Bunny how he likes to hunt and kill things like rabbits, and Bunny becomes horrified and shuns him. Bernie leaves in shame with blue balls and no advertising campaign. Bunny goes back to being a rabbit after he first creates six of her on accident. This is important because if you remember the show, their little spells all rhyme and he was trying to say sex.

Like all shows with horndog Bernie, all sense of decency goes out the window, and it did here too. I don't think her costume would be on prime time tv today. I can't tell you how filthy this episode actually was. I was shocked.

And I'm surprised this wasn't one of the episodes co-opted for Mad Men. Wiener missed the boat on that one.
:facts:

Because AR doesn't take my posts seriously

Alien Redrum
Services No Longer Needed

Re: Bewitched

Post by Alien Redrum »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I honestly can't see Doc from Love Boat as a ladies man.

Maybe Larry from Three's Company. Or even Snyder from One Day at a Time. :lol:

Speaking of One Day at a Time, and totally unrelated, did you see the remake on Netflix? Holy fuck, CRINGE.
Follow Horror DNA on Twitter.

I'm thinking I might make one to keep in the trunk of the car though. Might be nice to have hot water if I ever have to watch a Matthews compound for 3-4 days hoping to get the drop on Sergio Frenchi. - Neon Bolan

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

Alien Redrum wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 4:27 pm :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I honestly can't see Doc from Love Boat as a ladies man.
I never could either, and I wonder if that's why he was always that character. Doc was the culmination of like 15 years of playing that character.

Alien Redrum

Post by Alien Redrum »

OMG, that would make sense for a poon hound to "retire" by taking a job on a cruise ship.
Follow Horror DNA on Twitter.

I'm thinking I might make one to keep in the trunk of the car though. Might be nice to have hot water if I ever have to watch a Matthews compound for 3-4 days hoping to get the drop on Sergio Frenchi. - Neon Bolan

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

Bernie's back on Bewitched. Today he's playing an old man alchemist/apothecary (really, a witch pharmacist (lifesaver)). Esmerelda has to go see him because she put a spell on Samantha that makes her eat a lot and she knows that Darrin will divorce her because he doesn't want to be married to some fat cow. Even old man Bernie is a horny apothecary. He was trying to get all up in Esmerelda's business if you know what I mean. Even when he plays a character that shouldn't be a horndog, they make him a horndog.

I feel like maybe he was exploited.