Night Stalker

Anything else; TV, music, video games etc.
Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Anti-Spam Question: No

Night Stalker

Post by Neon Maniac »

Is anyone watching this?
:facts:

Because AR doesn't take my posts seriously

shiki-jitsu
Horror DNA Hardcore
Horror DNA Hardcore

Re: Night Stalker

Post by shiki-jitsu »

Assuming you mean the new Ramirez doc series on Netflix and not Kolchak...

I saw the last episode. My wife watched the series, said it was good but short. Not sure if I will watch the whole thing, what I saw didn't really have anything I didn't know in it. Though she did say they got pretty graphic with the photos from the scenes.
Letterboxd

"Ghost hunters are the romance novels of tv" - Neon Maniac

Alien Redrum
Services No Longer Needed

Post by Alien Redrum »

I watched the first two and love it. It's too bad they didn't have cellphones back then. I would have loved some video of the people beating the shit out of him.
Follow Horror DNA on Twitter.

I'm thinking I might make one to keep in the trunk of the car though. Might be nice to have hot water if I ever have to watch a Matthews compound for 3-4 days hoping to get the drop on Sergio Frenchi. - Neon Bolan

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

shiki-jitsu wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 4:15 pm Assuming you mean the new Ramirez doc series on Netflix and not Kolchak...

I saw the last episode. My wife watched the series, said it was good but short. Not sure if I will watch the whole thing, what I saw didn't really have anything I didn't know in it. Though she did say they got pretty graphic with the photos from the scenes.
A lot of people online complained about the pics. The pics had the faces and other parts strategically edited out with tape, but the way they did it, it looks like the tape was supposed to be there, and I think that added to the grossness for some people. You're looking at 40 year old crime scene photos with bodies and bloody scenes. It doesn't bother me, but I'm used to seeing unedited crime scene photos. I think it's more psychologically gross than actual gross is what I'm trying to say.

It's only 4 episodes, and I fell asleep about half way through the 3rd one. Like I said already, I don't watch true crime. Mainly it's a bunch of BS. But what I liked about this was a lot of interviews with survivors, and the 2 guys that solved it. So I don't know what you saw previously, but for me I've seen nothing and after watching this, I feel like it would be worthless to watch anything about it again as I've now heard from victims and the detectives who solved it.

Alien Redrum

Post by Alien Redrum »

Oddly, the crime scene photos that have traumatized me the most are the ones in the Helter Skelter book, where the bodies were as if someone took white out and covered them with that. It's so creepy.

I also saw them at a very young age, so maybe that has something to do with it.

I'm thinking I might make one to keep in the trunk of the car though. Might be nice to have hot water if I ever have to watch a Matthews compound for 3-4 days hoping to get the drop on Sergio Frenchi. - Neon Bolan

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

I haven't watched that so I can't compare. Crime scene photos are rough if you're not expecting it though, I get it. I would have to mentally prepare myself if I knew I was going to be looking at certain things.

I'm going to probably finish this off today. I think the main reason I hate true crime is it's usually a lot of people sitting around making shit up and find motivations, and there's none of that here. It reminds me a lot of the mob one that came out earlier in the pandemic. where it was the cops and the mafia guys both explaining what was actually happening in their organizations. That kind of thing interests me, it's people who were there and involved saying what went down. Not some armchair soda fountain sitting there saying what HE thinks happened. :shake:

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

I'm finishing this up, and really all it does is make me hate Feinstein even more. What a stupid whore.

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

This is actually what inspired me to watch this. It's totally unrelated, except that The neighborhood citizens also chase after this guy and kept him until the police got there. I didn't read this article so I don't know if it's there I didn't read this article so I don't know if it's there, but there were a few different cell videos of it all that I've seen locally

https://www.foxnews.com/us/portland-dri ... ly-rampage

Alien Redrum

Post by Alien Redrum »

Neon Maniac wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 7:33 pm I'm finishing this up, and really all it does is make me hate Feinstein even more. What a stupid whore.
:lol:

Right! She totally FUCKED that case. 100%. I bet there would be lives saved if she didn't open her stupid fucking mouth.

You see she registered to run again? She'll be 96 when her term ends. I fucking HATE her.

Alien Redrum

Post by Alien Redrum »

Any word yet why that asshole mowed down those people?

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

Alien Redrum wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 8:36 pm
Neon Maniac wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 7:33 pm I'm finishing this up, and really all it does is make me hate Feinstein even more. What a stupid whore.

Right! She totally FUCKED that case. 100%. I bet there would be lives saved if she didn't open her stupid fucking mouth.

You see she registered to run again? She'll be 96 when her term ends. I fucking HATE her.
People who think they know better, kill people daily. People with no experience like her saying oh no that's not right this is what we should do, when people with experience tell her no don't, are the worst type of people in the world. They claim they are doing good but they're doing selfishness, their arrogance kills people and other people apologize for them and explain what how would she know? Which is the point to begin with. Her and the people that suck up that shit are as bad as any Maga head.
Last edited by Neon Maniac on Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

Alien Redrum wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 8:39 pm Any word yet why that asshole mowed down those people?
Well they said it wasn't politically motivated and it wasn't anything to do with terrorism, so basically the guy was having a bad day and had a tantrum. You would be surprised how much that is actually just the case. Falling Down happens every day somewhere.

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

I just read an article saying that during his indictment today he gave several reasons why he did it. In no particular order, it wasn't him but another car that looked exactly the same. He did hit the bike, but that was because he had to swerve and not cause a worse accident, and he had bad brakes and was driving around looking for a brake shop.

Alien Redrum

Post by Alien Redrum »

Neon Maniac wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:14 pm People who think they know better, kill people daily. People with no experience like her saying oh no that's not right this is what we should do, when people with experience tell her no don't, are the worst type of people in the world. They claim they are doing good but they're doing selfishness, their arrogance kills people and other people apologize for them and explain what how would she know? Which is the point to begin with. Her and the people that suck up that shit are as bad as any Maga head.
Imagine how many people might still be alive if it wasn't for dipshit politicians trying to further their career, or if agencies (federal and state) actually fucking worked together and shared info instead of trying to be credit whores.
Neon Maniac wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 2:14 am I just read an article saying that during his indictment today he gave several reasons why he did it. In no particular order, it wasn't him but another car that looked exactly the same. He did hit the bike, but that was because he had to swerve and not cause a worse accident, and he had bad brakes and was driving around looking for a brake shop.

Makes sense.

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

Alien Redrum wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 3:09 am

Makes sense.
They did toxicology on him and he was clean.

There are a lot of people one small incident away from losing it. I think that's even more true this year. Most of the time if they meltdown, it will be vehicle related somehow. We had one guy hit every car in his apartment lot, then barricade himself in his apartment, holding his family hostage. It started because he finally accidentally hit the parked car he always knew he was going to hit because it never parked right, and when it finally happened he lost it. That was the straw that broke his mental camel's back, and he just started ramming every single car he possibly could. When the police arrived he ran into his apartment.

Or it will be someone who's driving and really mad about something, and they ram a car like they might punch a wall. Most of those people will get shocked back to reality right there in an omg what am I doing way, and make up some reason for the 'accident'. Other people decide in for a penny, in for a pound and double down. I'd bet some version of the latter happened with that guy.

This is where a lot of road rage comes from as well. Nobody really goes from 0 to a 100 emotionally like that, but if someone's already at 95, the smallest thing can seem like a personal attack and push someone over.