Sasquatch

Anything else; TV, music, video games etc.
Alien Redrum
Services No Longer Needed
Anti-Spam Question: No

Sasquatch

Post by Alien Redrum »

OMG WHAT?

:lol:

I have to watch this soon.

Follow Horror DNA on Twitter.

I'm thinking I might make one to keep in the trunk of the car though. Might be nice to have hot water if I ever have to watch a Matthews compound for 3-4 days hoping to get the drop on Sergio Frenchi. - Neon Bolan

Alien Redrum

Re: Sasquatch

Post by Alien Redrum »

I keep refreshing waiting for Neon, but now I'm tired and want to go to bed.

I'm thinking I might make one to keep in the trunk of the car though. Might be nice to have hot water if I ever have to watch a Matthews compound for 3-4 days hoping to get the drop on Sergio Frenchi. - Neon Bolan

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

Yeah I don't check for Dan every 15 minutes.

A. The Duplass brothers can suck my ass. They're both untalented hacks.
B. Trying to make Bigfoot out to be some kind of violent, crazed beast, ripping people apart at a weed farm is just a bit too much for me. This is just more Duplass hack bullshit and everyone involved in this can go fuck my cock.
C. I don't know why the Duplass brothers are even famous. They got their start on Kelly's fucking I'm a doctor failed sitcom.
:facts:

Because AR doesn't take my posts seriously

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

Okay, obviously I'm joking above. But the thing with this is, a lot of people have been going to NorCal to work a weed harvest, and then they just disappear and nobody hears from them again. That's been going on for decades and there have been documentaries and 20/20 type things about it.

Out there in your east coast ivory tower you probably don't realize how bad it is. It will be interesting to see if legalization changes anything with that, since everything will be legitimized and paranoid farmers and drug cartels won't be running things.

Anyway, I think that doc kind of belittles and mocks the situation.

Alien Redrum

Post by Alien Redrum »

The reason I bought a Santa Fe was to leave my East Coast Ivory Tower. :(

Alien Redrum

Post by Alien Redrum »

Neon Maniac wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 3:03 am Yeah I don't check for Dan every 15 minutes.

A. The Duplass brothers can suck my ass. They're both untalented hacks.
B. Trying to make Bigfoot out to be some kind of violent, crazed beast, ripping people apart at a weed farm is just a bit too much for me. This is just more Duplass hack bullshit and everyone involved in this can go fuck my cock.
C. I don't know why the Duplass brothers are even famous. They got their start on Kelly's fucking I'm a doctor failed sitcom.

I had to look up why you mentioned them, and saw they were exec producers. And I was like, but I liked Creep and The League. :(

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

Alien Redrum wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 2:46 pm :lol:

I had to look up why you mentioned them, and saw they were exec producers. And I was like, but I liked Creep and The League. :(

I went to go watch the trailer, and their names are the first thing you're assailed with. I honestly and seriously can't stand them. They are the type of people who know shit but think they know everything. You didn't know that they were masters of scifi and horror? Go listen to them talk and the garbage falls out of their mouth about how amazing and talented the Duplass's are. They should change their name to Dumbass. I seriously can't stand them and I can see how they'd latch on to something like this and make it into something offensive and mocking, because that's all they can do. They can't tell a story, they can only tell a sarcastic and mocking spin on things.

They are the first people to tell you how great they are. They are the last people to actually be great. 'nuff said!

:mffacts:

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

And if the guy in the trailer claims he saw a bunch of bodies that sasquatch tore apart, what he really saw were the remains of a group of people who were chainsawed for some reason.

Why not make a doc about that and the missing people? Oh, it's the Dumbass's doing it, so just make a mockery of the victims and say it was sasquatch...

Alien Redrum

Post by Alien Redrum »

Neon Maniac wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 3:50 pm
Alien Redrum wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 2:46 pm :lol:

I went to go watch the trailer, and their names are the first thing you're assailed with. I honestly and seriously can't stand them. They are the type of people who know shit but think they know everything. You didn't know that they were masters of scifi and horror? Go listen to them talk and the garbage falls out of their mouth about how amazing and talented the Duplass's are. They should change their name to Dumbass. I seriously can't stand them and I can see how they'd latch on to something like this and make it into something offensive and mocking, because that's all they can do. They can't tell a story, they can only tell a sarcastic and mocking spin on things.

They are the first people to tell you how great they are. They are the last people to actually be great. 'nuff said!

:mffacts:

I know you hate them, but all executive producers really do is give money to the project (and sometimes just a name, like here). They are rarely very hands-on. If they were hands-on, they would be credited as a producer (not an executive producer). They probably didn't have much to do with this aside from helping fund it and using their name to promote it.

Gramps
Emerging from the grave.
Emerging from the grave.

Post by Gramps »

I’m watching this shit tonight. I don’t care whose grave I might be pissing on.

Alien Redrum

Post by Alien Redrum »

:rotfl:

I am too. I'm working from home tomorrow, so I can stay up some. I think it might be three episodes.

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

Alien Redrum wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:22 pm :lol:

I know you hate them, but all executive producers really do is give money to the project (and sometimes just a name, like here). They are rarely very hands-on. If they were hands-on, they would be credited as a producer (not an executive producer). They probably didn't have much to do with this aside from helping fund it and using their name to promote it.
Yes, and no.

When you watch The Conjuring and you see Steve Mnuchin's name as the exec producer, your description is 100% correct. When you watch some low budget streaming turdpile, I believe your description is 100% incorrect. On these tiny projects the producers are usually not just investors. Please, go show me the law books where it says in black and white print that this is what the exec producer does and doesn't do. There is none. Go ask Spielberg directors about what Spielberg does as an exec producer. This is a silly argument, I'm not sure why you're trying to drag me into it. Just like Rupert Murdock was a huge conservative, but he let FOX and all the other media he owned be liberal or whatever they wanted, because he was just an investor....

Yeah, no. :lol:

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

Gramps wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:36 pm I’m watching this shit tonight. I don’t care whose grave I might be pissing on.
GO BACK TO YOUR IVORY TOWER IN THE MIDWEST, GRAMPS :roll:

Gramps
Emerging from the grave.
Emerging from the grave.

Post by Gramps »

It’s beige and made of sticks, thank you very much

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

Gramps wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:28 pm It’s beige and made of sticks, thank you very much
I bet it's beautiful.