The Bridge

Anything else; TV, music, video games etc.
User avatar
Alien Redrum
The Piers Morgan of Horror DNA
The Piers Morgan of Horror DNA
Posts: 8979
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:36 am
Anti-Spam Question: No
Location: Somewhere trying to cancel you.
Has thanked: 190 times
Been thanked: 209 times
Contact:

The Bridge

Post by Alien Redrum »

Anyone watch/watching this? It's pretty damn good. I'm two episodes in and it's better than Evil.

Sorry, no, the less that TV companies plough into reality bullshit, the better. - Follow Horror DNA on Twitter.

Letterboxd - Horror DNA 2020 Halloween Horror Movie Challenge

Online
User avatar
Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Posts: 8184
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 5:17 am
Anti-Spam Question: No
Location: Out making America great again
Has thanked: 356 times
Been thanked: 163 times

Re: The Bridge

Post by Neon Maniac »

Of course you're watching the American version :roll:

I haven't watched any version. :(
:facts:

Because AR doesn't take my posts seriously

User avatar
shiki-jitsu
Horror DNA Hardcore
Horror DNA Hardcore
Posts: 3732
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2008 2:01 pm
Has thanked: 57 times
Been thanked: 172 times

Re: The Bridge

Post by shiki-jitsu »

Neon Maniac wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 2:25 am Of course you're watching the American version :roll:
:shake:

I watched a few eps of the American one when it came out, but it didn't grab me. I think the Sam watched the original one (swedish?) on Netflix. Not sure how much she watched of it though.
Letterboxd

"Ghost hunters are the romance novels of tv" - Neon Maniac

Online
User avatar
Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Posts: 8184
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 5:17 am
Anti-Spam Question: No
Location: Out making America great again
Has thanked: 356 times
Been thanked: 163 times

Re: The Bridge

Post by Neon Maniac »

It was a joint Danish/Swedish production about the bridge that connects their countries.
:facts:

Because AR doesn't take my posts seriously

User avatar
Alien Redrum
The Piers Morgan of Horror DNA
The Piers Morgan of Horror DNA
Posts: 8979
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:36 am
Anti-Spam Question: No
Location: Somewhere trying to cancel you.
Has thanked: 190 times
Been thanked: 209 times
Contact:

Re: The Bridge

Post by Alien Redrum »

I was not aware, thanks for the heads up!

This one has Ted Fucking Levine. I'm gonna finish this one out then watch the original. :up:
Sorry, no, the less that TV companies plough into reality bullshit, the better. - Follow Horror DNA on Twitter.

Letterboxd - Horror DNA 2020 Halloween Horror Movie Challenge

User avatar
shiki-jitsu
Horror DNA Hardcore
Horror DNA Hardcore
Posts: 3732
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2008 2:01 pm
Has thanked: 57 times
Been thanked: 172 times

Re: The Bridge

Post by shiki-jitsu »

Neon Maniac wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 2:44 am It was a joint Danish/Swedish production about the bridge that connects their countries.
You seem to know a lot about something you claim you have never watched.

Image

I am on to you, sir.
These users thanked the author shiki-jitsu for the post:
Neon Maniac (Tue Apr 27, 2021 3:28 am)
Letterboxd

"Ghost hunters are the romance novels of tv" - Neon Maniac

User avatar
Alien Redrum
The Piers Morgan of Horror DNA
The Piers Morgan of Horror DNA
Posts: 8979
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:36 am
Anti-Spam Question: No
Location: Somewhere trying to cancel you.
Has thanked: 190 times
Been thanked: 209 times
Contact:

Re: The Bridge

Post by Alien Redrum »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Sorry, no, the less that TV companies plough into reality bullshit, the better. - Follow Horror DNA on Twitter.

Letterboxd - Horror DNA 2020 Halloween Horror Movie Challenge

Online
User avatar
Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Posts: 8184
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 5:17 am
Anti-Spam Question: No
Location: Out making America great again
Has thanked: 356 times
Been thanked: 163 times

Re: The Bridge

Post by Neon Maniac »

shiki-jitsu wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 2:51 am
Neon Maniac wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 2:44 am It was a joint Danish/Swedish production about the bridge that connects their countries.
You seem to know a lot about something you claim you have never watched.

Image

I am on to you, sir.
I'm Danish.

I know everything that happens regarding Denmark, Danish things, and other Danes above 5th level
:facts:

Because AR doesn't take my posts seriously

User avatar
Alien Redrum
The Piers Morgan of Horror DNA
The Piers Morgan of Horror DNA
Posts: 8979
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:36 am
Anti-Spam Question: No
Location: Somewhere trying to cancel you.
Has thanked: 190 times
Been thanked: 209 times
Contact:

Re: The Bridge

Post by Alien Redrum »

:lol:

So, the lead detective has Aspergers or is mildly autistic. It's not outright said, but it's pretty obvious. I'm fine with this, but I do have an issue where...like she's too old (I would believe) to be asking certain questions. She's not stupid, so things like the example below would have already been addressed in her life.

For example, in one scene, her the Mexican cop gets a call from his wife. The female cop goes, "Doesn't she know you're working?"

And he's all, "Yeah."

And she's like, "Well why is she calling then?"

And he's all, "Sometimes she wants to hear my voice."

So later on, she asks her boss, who is clearly more than a mentor (I'm not talking sexually; it seems he knows she's different and goes above and beyond with her. They have a history, obviously.), and says, "Does your wife ever call you to hear your voice?"

And he's all, "Yeah."

So here's the thing. That question doesn't bother me. It bothers me that she's like 30 and asking it. I'm confident that this would have come up before. She's not stupid. It's just the show beating you over the head that there's something about her (Asperbergers or Autism). And it can be too much.

However, there's a scene where she has sex that's fantastic. :lol:

But I'm still REALLY liking this. It's dark and interesting as hell. Can't wait to finish it to watch the Swedish version.
Sorry, no, the less that TV companies plough into reality bullshit, the better. - Follow Horror DNA on Twitter.

Letterboxd - Horror DNA 2020 Halloween Horror Movie Challenge

Online
User avatar
Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Posts: 8184
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 5:17 am
Anti-Spam Question: No
Location: Out making America great again
Has thanked: 356 times
Been thanked: 163 times

Re: The Bridge

Post by Neon Maniac »

It's not swedish. It's Danish and Swedish.

I'm sure you really enjoyed the sex scene :roll:
:facts:

Because AR doesn't take my posts seriously

User avatar
Alien Redrum
The Piers Morgan of Horror DNA
The Piers Morgan of Horror DNA
Posts: 8979
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:36 am
Anti-Spam Question: No
Location: Somewhere trying to cancel you.
Has thanked: 190 times
Been thanked: 209 times
Contact:

Re: The Bridge

Post by Alien Redrum »

Man, this show is good. I'm glad y'all pointed out it's a remake. It's like I get to double dip. :yay:
These users thanked the author Alien Redrum for the post:
Neon Maniac (Sat May 01, 2021 12:26 am)
Sorry, no, the less that TV companies plough into reality bullshit, the better. - Follow Horror DNA on Twitter.

Letterboxd - Horror DNA 2020 Halloween Horror Movie Challenge

Online
User avatar
Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Posts: 8184
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 5:17 am
Anti-Spam Question: No
Location: Out making America great again
Has thanked: 356 times
Been thanked: 163 times

Re: The Bridge

Post by Neon Maniac »

Alien Redrum wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 11:24 pm Man, this show is good. I'm glad y'all pointed out it's a remake. It's like I get to double dip. :yay:
Nobody wants to hear about your sexual proclivities. :(
:facts:

Because AR doesn't take my posts seriously

Online
User avatar
Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Posts: 8184
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 5:17 am
Anti-Spam Question: No
Location: Out making America great again
Has thanked: 356 times
Been thanked: 163 times

Re: The Bridge

Post by Neon Maniac »

So I just made a really good smoothie for dinner. It was a super simple recipe:

I just put a:
banana
frozen mixed berries
protein powder
unsweetened almond milk

in a blender and blend it. The frozen berries will turn it into a shake like consistency. Just use whatever amounts you want don't ask me how much your glasses hold.
:facts:

Because AR doesn't take my posts seriously

Online
User avatar
Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Posts: 8184
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 5:17 am
Anti-Spam Question: No
Location: Out making America great again
Has thanked: 356 times
Been thanked: 163 times

Re: The Bridge

Post by Neon Maniac »

I hate it when I see someone adding ice to a smoothie. What? Why do you want to water this down? What's the point? It's a smoothie, not kool-aid. Just use frozen berries. It will be a taste sensation and you get the same frozen beverage without the watery ice chunks.
These users thanked the author Neon Maniac for the post:
shiki-jitsu (Sun May 02, 2021 4:05 pm)
:facts:

Because AR doesn't take my posts seriously

User avatar
Alien Redrum
The Piers Morgan of Horror DNA
The Piers Morgan of Horror DNA
Posts: 8979
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:36 am
Anti-Spam Question: No
Location: Somewhere trying to cancel you.
Has thanked: 190 times
Been thanked: 209 times
Contact:

Re: The Bridge

Post by Alien Redrum »

Now I know why everyone gets annoyed with me when I'm not watching a show they keep telling me to watch. :( :mad:
Sorry, no, the less that TV companies plough into reality bullshit, the better. - Follow Horror DNA on Twitter.

Letterboxd - Horror DNA 2020 Halloween Horror Movie Challenge

Post Reply