Berkie Bros

Anything else; TV, music, video games etc.
Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Anti-Spam Question: No

Berkie Bros

Post by Neon Maniac »

When I saw that Netflix was going to have a Son of Sam doc, I rolled my eyes. But then reading this article about it, I'm really interested in seeing it. It raises a lot of questions that I had about it all. Now I can't wait to see it.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/son-of-sa ... -act-alone
:facts:

Because AR doesn't take my posts seriously

Alien Redrum
Services No Longer Needed

Re: Berkie Bros

Post by Alien Redrum »

Oh, sweet!

I've heard about this conspiracy for years. I'm glad it's being addressed.
Follow Horror DNA on Twitter.

I'm thinking I might make one to keep in the trunk of the car though. Might be nice to have hot water if I ever have to watch a Matthews compound for 3-4 days hoping to get the drop on Sergio Frenchi. - Neon Bolan

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

It starts tomorrow.

shiki-jitsu
Horror DNA Hardcore
Horror DNA Hardcore

Post by shiki-jitsu »

I didn't click the link yet, but I am assuming this is all about the Process Church? I will watch it if it is. I had an interest in The Process when it was rehashed and changed up a bit by TOPY and Genesis P-Orridge in the 90s. A lot of that scene kind of embraced the symbology and alterations based around a lot of the Process' things. I used to frequent some Process related BBSs back in the day. It was really focused around creating a network for people to communicate and demystify occultism. Built more around the ideolgies of Psychic TV and Skinny Puppy and the like with a sprinkling of Temple of Psychick Youth, etc.

I always though the Son of Sam shit was bullshit when that came out back in the day, there was also suspected links to Manson IIRC whcih were always bullshit lol. Its the usual satanic panic shit, from what I have seen. Of course it also has some roots in Scientology (which of course has Thelemic roots) and once you start linking the Golden Dawn, the OTO and Crowley with anything... booga booga satanism. :jack:
Letterboxd

"Ghost hunters are the romance novels of tv" - Neon Maniac

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

I'm trying to imagine 5 year old Shiki calling bullshit on Son of Sam :lol:

The conspiracy theory does have the Process Church in it, as well as Manson. I'm not sure why you're mad that it ties into Manson though. I honestly don't know anything about this so I'll be going in and believing all the nonsense they tell me.

I want to see this before I say anything more, but it's well known, if rarely talked about, in law enforcement that there are a lot of things tied into a lot of things including a lot of different serial killers of the 60s-80's. Honestly, there are maybe 3 killers that don't have ties that I'm aware of. Bundy would be one.

Alien Redrum

Post by Alien Redrum »

There's a book that I have that I really want to read at some point that ties Manson with the CIA. I know two people that read this book, and both went into it thinking it was bullshit. Both came out saying the same thing: It brings up interesting points to think about.

That said, I hope they do a similar piece on the Boston Strangler. There's quite a bit of compelling things showing he didn't do all the killings he claimed to.

I'm thinking I might make one to keep in the trunk of the car though. Might be nice to have hot water if I ever have to watch a Matthews compound for 3-4 days hoping to get the drop on Sergio Frenchi. - Neon Bolan

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

Are you talking about Chaos?

Alien Redrum

Post by Alien Redrum »

Yes!! Have you read it?

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

No. This is 100% the type of thing that I don't read. I'm thinking about getting Dixie Convoy though. :lol:

I've heard of it. I think it would be an interesting read, but what I've read about the 20 year process of him researching and writing it make me think he's going to have a lot of interesting info, but nothing conclusive and no evidence.

Alien Redrum

Post by Alien Redrum »

:lol:

Yeah, I'm going to read it simply for the interesting factor. The older I get, the less conspiracies I believe in, but I do enjoy reading about them.

Also, I didn't realize this was already on! I would have watched it last night instead of The Bundy Tapes (which I still haven't watched except for the first episode last night).

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

I think it was just put on today or last night, so you really didn't miss it.

I think books like Chaos make for better docuseries than actual books. I mean for me. While I won't ever read it, if there was a series on Netflix based on it, I'd watch it, is what I'm saying.

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

I've started watching this. I'm not going to post spoilers or anything, so don't cry your little eyes out. But tell me that in Ep1 @ 13:50 that isn't Jody Foster from Taxi Driver :lol: Those glasses are HUGE.

I've wanted to get a Charter Arms Bulldog .44 for years.

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

Hmmm. I am posting a spoiler. It's something I didn't know so I'm not sure if it's a spoiler or not.
Spoiler:
the Daughter of Sam (Carr) was a NYPD dispatcher. She's the one who fingered Berkowitz. This is all very suspicious now.

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

Ep2 3:56 - Tell me that's not Harvey Keitel on the right. The fuck it's not.

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

Starting Ep3 and this is really amazing. I'm going to believe everything in this doc, I think. I'm even adding my own corroborating thoughts. Here's one of them:
Spoiler:
When they got Berk, he immediately confessed and from that point on had a huge smile on his face. People in the doc are commenting on how creepy that is, blah blah blah. But just looking at his expressions and his eyes and body language, I think it was a look of outsmarting people and relief. I think he feared for his life in the cult and knew they'd never let him leave, and suddenly here was his escape hatch and he realized he was out of the cult and there was no way they could get him. Just a thought. And keep in mind that Berkowitz became born again shortly after entering prison.
Last edited by Neon Maniac on Thu May 06, 2021 4:41 am, edited 2 times in total.