The Equalizer w/ the Queen

Anything else; TV, music, video games etc.
Alien Redrum
Services No Longer Needed
Anti-Spam Question: No

The Equalizer w/ the Queen

Post by Alien Redrum »

I remember really enjoying The Equalizer when I was a kid, and I was very happy for the reboot because I was really curious about Queen Latifah in the role.

The show is...well, not the show, the writing. It's so bad. SO cliche. The performances are fine, but man, some of the lines that are supposed to be cool are cringy and predictable.

For example, at one point, one of Latifah's buddies says to her, "Oh, I know that look. That's your "I'm going to get into some trouble" look." Ugh.

Or the "hacker"? JFC, IT'S SO CRINGY.

"Are those credit card numbers?" Asks Latifah, glancing at the at-least-10-foot display.
"This corporation paid me to hack into its 'unhackable' system."
"How long did it take you?"
"18 minutes. I know, I'm slipping."

Oh fuck right off. :shake: :lol:

I'll probably watch a few more episodes, but I can't see this lasting more than one season with its trash writing.
Follow Horror DNA on Twitter.

I'm thinking I might make one to keep in the trunk of the car though. Might be nice to have hot water if I ever have to watch a Matthews compound for 3-4 days hoping to get the drop on Sergio Frenchi. - Neon Bolan

Alien Redrum

Re: The Equalizer w/ the Queen

Post by Alien Redrum »

You know what was a good Equalizer ripoff? Hack. David Morse kicked ass in that show.

I'm thinking I might make one to keep in the trunk of the car though. Might be nice to have hot water if I ever have to watch a Matthews compound for 3-4 days hoping to get the drop on Sergio Frenchi. - Neon Bolan

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

Do you think it's really a bad show, or is it because it has a strong black female in the lead? If Tyler Perry was playing a woman and in that role, how do you think you'd like it?

Just kidding, no need to answer that. Madea as the Equalizer would kick ass no matter what the show was about. :lol:

I didn't know this show was back or that it had QL in it. What's it on?

Also your complaints about that show are kind of the complaints I have about most shows right now. I've really given up on regular drama TV because it's gotten and so bad it, or at least it seems like it has. I'm not sure if that's just because I'm old and have seen all TV already, or if I'm old and just am an asshole now and hate everything.
:facts:

Because AR doesn't take my posts seriously

Alien Redrum

Post by Alien Redrum »

I think it's on CBS? I got a free 30 day trial of Paramount TV on Amazon and was watching it on that.

I have a feeling I won't be upset if I don't watch them all before it goes away. :lol:

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

Does she beat people up, or just walk around all intimidating like the old man did?
:facts:

Because AR doesn't take my posts seriously

Alien Redrum

Post by Alien Redrum »

Oh, she fights.