David J 8/31

Anything else; TV, music, video games etc.
Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Anti-Spam Question: No

David J 8/31

Post by Neon Maniac »

I belong to a local theater here called the Hollywood Theatre. Yeah they do the stupid spelling of theater and I hate it. But anyways, on the 31st I'm going to see David J do basically a storyteller's type presentation with his songs from Bauhaus and Love & Rockets followed by a screening of The Hunger.

I'm probably not going to stay for the Hunger, but I thought this was pretty cool and I'm glad I get to go. And you couldn't really beat the price.
:facts:

Because AR doesn't take my posts seriously

DJBenz
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: David J 8/31

Post by DJBenz »

Neon Maniac wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 9:27 pm I belong to a local theater here called the Hollywood Theatre. Yeah they do the stupid British (or "correct" as it's otherwise known) spelling of theater and I hate it.
Fixed. :hitler:
Neon Maniac wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 9:27 pm But anyways, on the 31st I'm going to see David J do basically a storyteller's type presentation with his songs from Bauhaus and Love & Rockets followed by a screening of The Hunger.

I'm probably not going to stay for the Hunger, but I thought this was pretty cool and I'm glad I get to go. And you couldn't really beat the price.
This is cool though. :facts:
Horror DNA on the web: www | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Instagram

Gramps
Emerging from the grave.
Emerging from the grave.

Post by Gramps »

Well, that sounds like a good time - as long as you ditch out on the movie.

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

The movie doesn't start until late, so I probably will skip it. He's going to have a band with him. I think it will be fun.

shiki-jitsu
Horror DNA Hardcore
Horror DNA Hardcore

Post by shiki-jitsu »

Honestly, the only person, IMO, with any staying power from Bauhaus is David J. I really liked what I have read of his autobiography as well. I need to get back to it.

To quote the great Gramps.... This sounds like a good time.
Letterboxd

"Ghost hunters are the romance novels of tv" - Neon Maniac

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

shiki-jitsu wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 9:28 pm Honestly, the only person, IMO, with any staying power from Bauhaus is David J. I really liked what I have read of his autobiography as well. I need to get back to it.

To quote the great Gramps.... This sounds like a good time.
Yeah, if it were any of the others I would still go out of curiosity, but I'm really looking forward to hearing what he has to say. It seems like they have a history of Kevin and Daniel forming a band, it having problems, David joining it and fixing it, and then Daniel crying about David knowing what he's doing and quitting the band. Like since they were teens, over and over again. So I'm interested in if he says anything about that.

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

Went to this tonight and it was pretty good. Not at all what was advertised, but still good. I think the only Bauhaus song he did was Who Killed Mr. Moonlight and there were no Love & Rockets songs. He played for about an hour before the movie, mainly his own stuff except for he also did Knocking on Heaven's Door.

The crowd was funny. Everyone over 45 was wearing middle aged people clothes and all the people under 30 were doing their best to show how goth they really were. I wore a black mask, Dr. Dre green hemp Adidas and little else.

Apparently he records in Portland and his band tonight were the people who run the studio he records at. There's some trivia for you. I don't think the goth girls in the audience got the irony of his song Goth Girls in Southern California.

5/5 stars, would buy from again