"Survive Anything" Bundle (for when Neon isn't around)

Post the deals here! Check inside on how you can sign up to our deals mailing list. Horror DNA does see a small profit when buying through our Amazon and other links.
Alien Redrum
Services No Longer Needed
Anti-Spam Question: No

"Survive Anything" Bundle (for when Neon isn't around)

Post by Alien Redrum »

I can't help but think of Neon when I buy this. :up:

https://www.humblebundle.com/books/surv ... orse-books
Follow Horror DNA on Twitter.

I'm thinking I might make one to keep in the trunk of the car though. Might be nice to have hot water if I ever have to watch a Matthews compound for 3-4 days hoping to get the drop on Sergio Frenchi. - Neon Bolan

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Re: "Survive Anything" Bundle (for when Neon isn't around)

Post by Neon Maniac »

Those will tell you one thing: You should've gone to the grocery store earlier.
:facts:

Because AR doesn't take my posts seriously

Alien Redrum

Post by Alien Redrum »

:lol:

Yeah, my first stop is gonna be a mall. One of those new ones that run on nuclear power.

I'm thinking I might make one to keep in the trunk of the car though. Might be nice to have hot water if I ever have to watch a Matthews compound for 3-4 days hoping to get the drop on Sergio Frenchi. - Neon Bolan

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

You'll die before you get past the first chapter. What you need to do is make your home 100% self sufficient for 3 months. Then when you've done that, make it sufficient for another 3 months. And then again for another 3 months and finally 3 more months. That way you've got a year of survival in your home regardless of what's happening in the rest of the world.

Alien Redrum

Post by Alien Redrum »

BUT HOW WILL I EXPLORE THE MALL AND TRY ON FANCY FULL-LENGTH FUR COATS, NEON. :mad:

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

You can do that after the first 6 months.

Here's the thing:

It's 100% true that in the face of a major incident, where no help is coming, 95% of the population will die in the first 3 months. They will die horrible deaths. Starvation, violence, disease, etc. But you, in your house, with your goods and services stockpiled and window blacked out, can live there comfortably while all of that is happening. It's really easy to do. It's like saying, hey there's a riot down the street but I'm going to stay in and not be a part of it. Your main goal for that 6 months is to look as shitty as everyone else if you need to be seen at all, and to hide in your home with your candy.

After 6 months, almost everyone will be dead or soon will be dead. you can then go exploring. Good luck with that though, because only when zombies kill everyone in 3 days do malls stay unlooted. What you're really going to be doing is using the next 3 months of your survival plans to figure out what you do next. That includes scrounging and prepping vehicles, weapons, other hard supplies like that, then figuring out where you're going to go. You should actually have all that figured out today, but this is in the plans where it can happen if it hasn't already.

Your welcome.