Horror Films That Deserve More Attention

General horror discussion. Movies, DVDs, Blu-rays, TV, and Podcasts.
BorisVincent
Dead and Buried
Dead and Buried
Anti-Spam Question: No

Horror Films That Deserve More Attention

Post by BorisVincent »

Great films that you may or may not have seen… Pin-1988….Alone In The Dark-1982…American Gothic-1988….Fade To Black-1980…Don't Go To Sleep-1982…Bad Dreams-1988…Parents-1989…Phantom Of The Paradise-1974….Deathdream-1974…When A Stranger Calls Back-1993

Alien Redrum
Services No Longer Needed

Re: Horror Films That Deserve More Attention

Post by Alien Redrum »

I've definitely dug the ones I've seen on that list. I need to see Pin. I've heard a lot of good things about it.
Follow Horror DNA on Twitter.

I'm thinking I might make one to keep in the trunk of the car though. Might be nice to have hot water if I ever have to watch a Matthews compound for 3-4 days hoping to get the drop on Sergio Frenchi. - Neon Bolan

The Beast
Dead and Buried
Dead and Buried

Post by The Beast »

Valentine (2001)
Personally I think it's an underrated slasher, by no means is it as good as slashers like Scream, Halloween etc. but I still think it's a good time for what it is.
Plus the Cupid mask scared me as a kid.

Alien Redrum

Post by Alien Redrum »

Valentine is a good choice. I need to give that another look, but remembered really enjoying it first time around.

10 Cloverfield Lane doesn't get enough love IMO. I've watched that a few times and it gets better each time.

Last Shift needs all the love. Every time I recommend it, people have loved it, but you rarely hear about it. Love that film.
Follow Horror DNA on Twitter.

I'm thinking I might make one to keep in the trunk of the car though. Might be nice to have hot water if I ever have to watch a Matthews compound for 3-4 days hoping to get the drop on Sergio Frenchi. - Neon Bolan

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

I haven't seen Valentine since it came out, and it wasn't bad. Too bad that it never get shown anywhere anymore.
:facts:

Because AR doesn't take my posts seriously

The Beast
Dead and Buried
Dead and Buried

Post by The Beast »

Neon Maniac wrote:I haven't seen Valentine since it came out, and it wasn't bad. Too bad that it never get shown anywhere anymore.
I have it on dvd so finding it isn't too much of a hassle, plus it's one of the few movies where I can actually root for the killer, sure killing those girls may have been taking things a bit too far but what they did to him, the damage they did to him mentally...I can see why he would snap like that.
Alien Redrum wrote:10 Cloverfield Lane doesn't get enough love IMO. I've watched that a few times and it gets better each time.
I enjoyed it for what it was, but since it was set in the cloverfield Universe I kind of expected the outside world to have a legit threat, if it wasn't called that I might have bought into the whole
'is this guy telling the truth?' dilemma.
Alien Redrum wrote:Last Shift needs all the love. Every time I recommend it, people have loved it, but you rarely hear about it. Love that film.
Ah yes I've only seen it once but I remember enjoying it and didn't quite understand the hate it got at the time. Plus hospitals have always creeped me out, can thank Halloween II (1981) for that.

DJBenz
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by DJBenz »

The Beast wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:02 pm Ah yes I've only seen it once but I remember enjoying it and didn't quite understand the hate it got at the time. Plus hospitals have always creeped me out, can thank Halloween II (1981) for that.
Heads up Mr Beast. :dance: I edited your post to add the quote markup. Makes it easier to see what and who you're quoting (plus that user will get a notification that you quoted them). If you want to do it yourself, instead of hitting 'reply', hit the " button above their post. #TMYK

Welcome to the forum btw. :yay:
Horror DNA on the web: www | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Instagram