Chilling Adventures of Sabrina

General horror discussion. Movies, DVDs, Blu-rays, TV, and Podcasts.
Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Anti-Spam Question: No

Re: Chilling Adventures of Sabrina

Post by Neon Maniac »

shiki-jitsu wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 2:04 pm Watched episodes 7 & 8 last night. And...
Spoiler:
WOW! the brutality of that neck slashing scene with Sabrina! Holy shit. A whole episode about cannibalism and then the next ep Sabrina straight up murders another witch (yes just to re-animate her, but still.)
This show is bonkers and I am really liking it. I hope the great dark lord Satan sees it in his heart to bless us with another season soon.

Oh yeah and Harvey is still a douche, the rest of his family is no better either.

Still hating that their feminist high school club is named WICCA. That and the Harvey casting are the corniest things about the show. But I am willing to generally overlook these problems.
Yeah, the spoiler was pretty good. I like that they go the extra step that CW show is only going to hint at or pussyfoot around. Nope, not here!

I absolutely hate Harvey and his family. It would be a better show without them. It will be interesting to see what a second season brings.
:facts:

Because AR doesn't take my posts seriously

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

Alien Redrum wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 2:39 pm I really need to start this soon. I still have 2 to finish for Hill House. Hopefully this weekend.
JFC

Did you ever finish Stranger Things?

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

shiki-jitsu wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:06 pm So this is interesting....

I thought it was funny that they used the Satanic Temple sculpture that they had made for the state building in the show. I 100% assumed they had the rights legally to do so, but it seems like they never talked to the creators of the statue. And now the Satanic Temple is asking them to not use it...

https://themuse.jezebel.com/the-satanic ... 1830153431

I know its a statue of baphomet and that is I am sure public domain, but they literally just copied the Temple's version. Straight up replica :lol:

And I love that he refers to the show as “asinine Satanic Panic fiction.” :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Sensitive satanists are the worst. :toot:
Yeah, saw that. All I could think of was, what a bunch of fucking crybabies. :lol:

It's a statue of a mythical being. It's similar but not a copy of theirs. A statue of Lincoln probably looks a lot like any other statue of Lincoln. The Satanists are all a bunch of sad sacks.

Alien Redrum
Services No Longer Needed

Post by Alien Redrum »

I LOVED STRANGER THINGS. >:(
Follow Horror DNA on Twitter.

I'm thinking I might make one to keep in the trunk of the car though. Might be nice to have hot water if I ever have to watch a Matthews compound for 3-4 days hoping to get the drop on Sergio Frenchi. - Neon Bolan

shiki-jitsu
Horror DNA Hardcore
Horror DNA Hardcore

Post by shiki-jitsu »

Alien Redrum wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 3:07 pm I LOVED STRANGER THINGS. >:(
Great. What about Season 2? :shrug:
Letterboxd

"Ghost hunters are the romance novels of tv" - Neon Maniac

shiki-jitsu
Horror DNA Hardcore
Horror DNA Hardcore

Post by shiki-jitsu »

I have one more episode of this. So bummed. I really do not like a lot of the of the side characters, primarily Sabrina’s mortal friends and the whole Hinkle family. But I still don’t want this show to end, I really enjoy it.
Letterboxd

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

shiki-jitsu wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:10 am I have one more episode of this. So bummed. I really do not like a lot of the of the side characters, primarily Sabrina’s mortal friends and the whole Hinkle family. But I still don’t want this show to end, I really enjoy it.
This was how I felt about it too.

I really hated the Hinkle family, as well as the mortal friends. Absolutely hated them and hoped they all died. Some of the other characters were full of eye rolls, but manageable. I can't wait to see what they do in the next season.

Alien Redrum

Post by Alien Redrum »

Just started the first episode. I'll be ready to talk about this in June or July.

I'm thinking I might make one to keep in the trunk of the car though. Might be nice to have hot water if I ever have to watch a Matthews compound for 3-4 days hoping to get the drop on Sergio Frenchi. - Neon Bolan

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Let me know when you're on the second to last episode so I can rewatch the season again.

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/sa ... 1fb6b5b6e6

This was a non-event. Show continues. Everybody got free publicity.

:toot:

The Beast
Dead and Buried
Dead and Buried

Post by The Beast »

Definitely have to check this out sometime

Alien Redrum

Post by Alien Redrum »

I'm still on episode 4. But I really like it!

shiki-jitsu
Horror DNA Hardcore
Horror DNA Hardcore

Post by shiki-jitsu »

Alien Redrum wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:34 pm I'm still on episode 4. But I really like it!
Hurry the fuck up already. Neon and I will be watching the WInter Solstice special enjoying Egg Nog and copious amounts of marijuana together and you will be all alone trying to finish episode 4.

And also, what makes me the most pleased about the following Part 2 trailer that AR will never get around to watching is the song that they use that I know AR will be so happy about... but can never hear it and will never know what it is.

Letterboxd

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

shiki-jitsu wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:14 pm
Alien Redrum wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:34 pm I'm still on episode 4. But I really like it!
Hurry the fuck up already. Neon and I will be watching the WInter Solstice special enjoying Egg Nog and copious amounts of marijuana together and you will be all alone trying to finish episode 4.

And also, what makes me the most pleased about the following Part 2 trailer that AR will never get around to watching is the song that they use that I know AR will be so happy about... but can never hear it and will never know what it is.

OMG OMG OMG

I didn't know about that special.

Yes, I'll be making my famous cannabis nog for us. Too bad AR won't be able to make it since he hates Christmas (not gothic enough or proud enough for him, I'm guessing). As for season 2, damn. I also didn't realize there was a part 2 coming out this year. April's my birthday, a fantastic present. AR can tell us all about it when he watches it in 2038.

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

I'm watching this Saturday. If anyone has an Oculus Go, I'd be down for a Netflix viewing party.