J&B Rare Scotch Whisky bottles in Giallo Movies

General horror discussion. Movies, DVDs, Blu-rays, TV, and Podcasts.
quamis
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse
Anti-Spam Question: No

J&B Rare Scotch Whisky bottles in Giallo Movies

Post by quamis »

J&B Scotch Whisky is one of the most commented and beloved clichés about Italian Gialllo cinema, one of its best-known distinctive features, and a video was needed.

I hope you like this selection of J&B bottles from 40 cult Italian films. Once you start noticing J&B bottles onscreen, you can’t unsee them :)

Alien Redrum
Services No Longer Needed
Services No Longer Needed

Re: J&B Rare Scotch Whisky bottles in Giallo Movies

Post by Alien Redrum »

I had no idea.
Follow Horror DNA on Twitter.

I'm thinking I might make one to keep in the trunk of the car though. Might be nice to have hot water if I ever have to watch a Matthews compound for 3-4 days hoping to get the drop on Sergio Frenchi. - Neon Bolan

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

I think this had more to do with the brand's popularity in the 60's and 70's. J&B and CuttySark were in everyone's bars, and all over all TV and movies. There were a lot of ads around for them too.
:facts:

Because AR doesn't take my posts seriously

quamis
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by quamis »

Neon Maniac wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:27 pm I think this had more to do with the brand's popularity in the 60's and 70's. J&B and CuttySark were in everyone's bars, and all over all TV and movies. There were a lot of ads around for them too.
Yes, it's right, and not just J&B. It's the most famous drink, but in Giallo you can find more product placement of others like "Punt e Mes" or "Pejo". It's curious, but since the 80s the J&B practically disappears from Italian horror cinema

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

quamis wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:08 pm Yes, it's right, and not just J&B. It's the most famous drink, but in Giallo you can find more product placement of others like "Punt e Mes" or "Pejo". It's curious, but since the 80s the J&B practically disappears from Italian horror cinema
It disappeared from the market for awhile, and I'm betting that had something to do with it.
:facts:

Because AR doesn't take my posts seriously

quamis
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by quamis »

Neon Maniac wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 4:59 am
quamis wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:08 pm Yes, it's right, and not just J&B. It's the most famous drink, but in Giallo you can find more product placement of others like "Punt e Mes" or "Pejo". It's curious, but since the 80s the J&B practically disappears from Italian horror cinema
It disappeared from the market for awhile, and I'm betting that had something to do with it.
Hehe, good theory :)