What We Do in the Shadows (TV)

General horror discussion. Movies, DVDs, Blu-rays, TV, and Podcasts.
shiki-jitsu
Horror DNA Hardcore
Horror DNA Hardcore

Re: What We Do in the Shadows (TV)

Post by shiki-jitsu »

Alien Redrum wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:33 pm Are these about the latest episode? I'll watch it tonight!
Yes, do not look at them until you watch it.
Letterboxd

"Ghost hunters are the romance novels of tv" - Neon Maniac

Alien Redrum
Services No Longer Needed
Anti-Spam Question: No

Post by Alien Redrum »

EVERYTHING YOU SAID IS CORRECT THIS IS BULLSHIT. :mad:

I did not see that coming AT ALL.

But I will say this, it's yet another credit to the writing. I've watched the first two seasons at least five times (they're short and I generally watch an episode before bed. Go through, then start again.) and if you rewatch the seasons, they drop tips and shit for upcoming episodes. What feel like throwaway lines ALWAYS come back into play.

This, even though it cheated a little with the flashbacks, is a PERFECT example.

This fucking season, man.
Follow Horror DNA on Twitter.

I'm thinking I might make one to keep in the trunk of the car though. Might be nice to have hot water if I ever have to watch a Matthews compound for 3-4 days hoping to get the drop on Sergio Frenchi. - Neon Bolan

shiki-jitsu
Horror DNA Hardcore
Horror DNA Hardcore

Post by shiki-jitsu »

I am so excited to see tonights episode but also so bummed that its the finale. :mad:
Letterboxd

Alien Redrum

Post by Alien Redrum »

I miss the days of 235 episode seasons. :(

I'm thinking I might make one to keep in the trunk of the car though. Might be nice to have hot water if I ever have to watch a Matthews compound for 3-4 days hoping to get the drop on Sergio Frenchi. - Neon Bolan

shiki-jitsu
Horror DNA Hardcore
Horror DNA Hardcore

Post by shiki-jitsu »

Watch this goddamn it. So much to unpack here…

I bet HorrorDan is a member of the Sherwood Club of London. :umm:
Letterboxd

Alien Redrum

Post by Alien Redrum »

shiki-jitsu wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 10:32 pm Watch this goddamn it. So much to unpack here…
Holy fuck, SO MUCH HAPPENED in its short running time. I mean, a lot.
Spoiler:
Okay, I'm kind of glad Gizmo stepped the fuck up finally because Nandor acts like an absolute fucking asshole and it was high time for Gizmo to shut him down. That said, I don't know if I like the dynamic. I like the vamps to be wary of him, but I don't want him to be too powerful.

Also, side note, he can never become a vampire. It is the equivalent of Maddie and David getting together in Moonlighting. It ruins everything.

I fucking LOVED the Tao of Steve nod in it. I don't know if you caught it. Nadja said it while they were being painted. What makes it amazing (if you didn't know), it's a subtle (but not really) nod to Donul Logue's movie in 2000 (great movie, too).

I love Logue. I hope he comes back, and often. I love Kristen Schaal. She REALLY adds to the dynamic and I hope she's a recurring side character. She's really good.

The whole penis thing was funny. And I'm not a fan of dick and fart jokes. But it worked.

Now, that ending...I don't know how I feel about it. I mean...it's kind of funny. It's totally something Collin Fucking Robinson would do, so I'm with it. I think it just has to be handled right or it will just be stupid.

OH, and Gizmo going to London with Nadja and Nandor out on his own? Fucking hilarious. Nadja will be fine. Nandor, I think, will realize how important Gizmo is.

Over all, I feel this is probably my favorite season of three amazing seasons. It ended way too soon.
I bet HorrorDan is a member of the Sherwood Club of London. :umm:
Not a fucking doubt in my mind. Not one. :mad:

shiki-jitsu
Horror DNA Hardcore
Horror DNA Hardcore

Post by shiki-jitsu »

Alien Redrum wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 2:36 am
shiki-jitsu wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 10:32 pm Watch this goddamn it. So much to unpack here…
Holy fuck, SO MUCH HAPPENED in its short running time. I mean, a lot.
Spoiler:
Okay, I'm kind of glad Gizmo stepped the fuck up finally because Nandor acts like an absolute fucking asshole and it was high time for Gizmo to shut him down. That said, I don't know if I like the dynamic. I like the vamps to be wary of him, but I don't want him to be too powerful.

Also, side note, he can never become a vampire. It is the equivalent of Maddie and David getting together in Moonlighting. It ruins everything.

I fucking LOVED the Tao of Steve nod in it. I don't know if you caught it. Nadja said it while they were being painted. What makes it amazing (if you didn't know), it's a subtle (but not really) nod to Donul Logue's movie in 2000 (great movie, too).

I love Logue. I hope he comes back, and often. I love Kristen Schaal. She REALLY adds to the dynamic and I hope she's a recurring side character. She's really good.

The whole penis thing was funny. And I'm not a fan of dick and fart jokes. But it worked.

Now, that ending...I don't know how I feel about it. I mean...it's kind of funny. It's totally something Collin Fucking Robinson would do, so I'm with it. I think it just has to be handled right or it will just be stupid.

OH, and Gizmo going to London with Nadja and Nandor out on his own? Fucking hilarious. Nadja will be fine. Nandor, I think, will realize how important Gizmo is.

Over all, I feel this is probably my favorite season of three amazing seasons. It ended way too soon.
Spoiler:
I have the same feelings about Gizmo/Nandor. Nandor has been pissing me off this season honestly. I think the difference is that previously it was almost more of a complete ignorance of Guillermos wants and needs and now there is a maliciousness and blatant disregard. And then yeah the shift in power and fight scene in the last episode was weird. Not really sure how this should play out... I am secretly hoping its kind of pushed aside and forgotten about and we just transition back to normal when the show comes back (as normal as it can be with everything else going on). And agreed. Making him a vampire will be the show's end so they better never do it.

I LOVE ALL of the Donal Logue stuff. The Tao of Steve reference, him talking about Jimmy the cab driver from MTV days, the fucking portrait of the Grounded for Life cast :lol: Perfection. I love the way this show brings in real life and vampire entertainment references with all their cameos. It is handled expertly. So hard to make that work.

Kristen Schaal has absolutely KILLED this season. She better be around next season. One of the best additions to the show.

So I am hoping (and it seems they are going this way since his head is adult) that the Colin Robinson stuff will be on an accelerated growth cycle to adulthood. I can see a few episodes being hilarious with him as an adolescent, or baby... holy fuck I just thought of Laszlo trying to deal with teenager Colin. :rotfl:

I am very curious to see how this all plays out. I feel like Nandor will quickly realize the shitshow he is in and his need for Gizmo. I think Nadja and Gizmo are going to grow closer and will create a new dynamic. Sensitive caring Laszlo I am loving, this Colin Robinson relationship is only going to grow stronger. But I am curious to see how Nadja deals with Laszlo's betrayal. Fuck I can't wait for the next season.
Letterboxd

Alien Redrum

Post by Alien Redrum »

shiki-jitsu wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 4:42 pm
Spoiler:
So I am hoping (and it seems they are going this way since his head is adult) that the Colin Robinson stuff will be on an accelerated growth cycle to adulthood. I can see a few episodes being hilarious with him as an adolescent, or baby... holy fuck I just thought of Laszlo trying to deal with teenager Colin. :rotfl:

I am very curious to see how this all plays out. I feel like Nandor will quickly realize the shitshow he is in and his need for Gizmo. I think Nadja and Gizmo are going to grow closer and will create a new dynamic. Sensitive caring Laszlo I am loving, this Colin Robinson relationship is only going to grow stronger. But I am curious to see how Nadja deals with Laszlo's betrayal. Fuck I can't wait for the next season.
Holy shit, these two thoughts. :lol:
Spoiler:
Imagine NADJA dealing with that shit. AND OMG DOLL NADJA. Something will happen between young Colin and her, I'm sure of it. :lol:

I didn't even consider Nadja and Gizmo getting closer, but THAT would be an interesting dynamic if so. The two will team up against Nandor at some point. I love this idea.

Are you calling him Gizmo simply because it's hard to spell Guillermo? Because I am. :lol:

shiki-jitsu
Horror DNA Hardcore
Horror DNA Hardcore

Post by shiki-jitsu »

Alien Redrum wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 6:48 pm
Spoiler:
Are you calling him Gizmo simply because it's hard to spell Guillermo? Because I am. :lol:
Yes. :lol:
Letterboxd

shiki-jitsu
Horror DNA Hardcore
Horror DNA Hardcore

Post by shiki-jitsu »

:lol: I remember watching some of these years ago…

Fucking Colin Robinson
Letterboxd

Alien Redrum

Post by Alien Redrum »

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Is that a fake TV show, or is he just fucking with them?

Alien Redrum

Post by Alien Redrum »

HE TOOK A FUCKING PHONE CALL!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

shiki-jitsu
Horror DNA Hardcore
Horror DNA Hardcore

Post by shiki-jitsu »

Letterboxd

shiki-jitsu
Horror DNA Hardcore
Horror DNA Hardcore

Post by shiki-jitsu »

Alien Redrum wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 2:22 am HE TOOK A FUCKING PHONE CALL!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
It was his dad, he was going through some personal things that morning :lol:
Letterboxd

Alien Redrum

Post by Alien Redrum »

He's a rock star. :lol: