What We Do in the Shadows (TV)

General horror discussion. Movies, DVDs, Blu-rays, TV, and Podcasts.
Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Anti-Spam Question: No

Re: What We Do in the Shadows (TV)

Post by Neon Maniac »

Spoiler:
:facts:

Because AR doesn't take my posts seriously

Alien Redrum
Services No Longer Needed

Post by Alien Redrum »

shiki-jitsu wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 9:50 pm
Alien Redrum wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 7:43 pm Image
Looks like two episodes too!

Follow Horror DNA on Twitter.

I'm thinking I might make one to keep in the trunk of the car though. Might be nice to have hot water if I ever have to watch a Matthews compound for 3-4 days hoping to get the drop on Sergio Frenchi. - Neon Bolan

Alien Redrum

Post by Alien Redrum »

Man! These first two were great! I like how the dynamic has slightly shifted and Gizmo is standing up for himself a little more.

And I LOVE the return of Kristen Schaal. That character is fucking hilarious.

And I LOVE how Nadja took care of business.

This season is off to a fucking great start. Thanks for hosting the watch party, shiki. That was a hell of a good time, and the prizes were fucking amazing!

I'm thinking I might make one to keep in the trunk of the car though. Might be nice to have hot water if I ever have to watch a Matthews compound for 3-4 days hoping to get the drop on Sergio Frenchi. - Neon Bolan

Alien Redrum

Post by Alien Redrum »

:yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay:

shiki-jitsu
Horror DNA Hardcore
Horror DNA Hardcore

Post by shiki-jitsu »

Alien Redrum wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 8:30 pm Man! These first two were great! I like how the dynamic has slightly shifted and Gizmo is standing up for himself a little more.

And I LOVE the return of Kristen Schaal. That character is fucking hilarious.

And I LOVE how Nadja took care of business.

This season is off to a fucking great start. Thanks for hosting the watch party, shiki. That was a hell of a good time, and the prizes were fucking amazing!
I just watched the first episode again. So many good things. I thought Colin Robinson's fixation on Guillermo's shit was slightly off character, but still hilarious. Kristen Schaal was great (as always) I am hoping she will be in a lot of the episodes this season. This show is just too damn good.

Letterboxd

"Ghost hunters are the romance novels of tv" - Neon Maniac

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

I didn't realize that Kristen Schaal was in this. I may have to give it a try. I'm glad she liked your post, I bet that felt special when you saw that.
:facts:

Because AR doesn't take my posts seriously

Alien Redrum

Post by Alien Redrum »

shiki-jitsu wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 6:11 pm I just watched the first episode again. So many good things. I thought Colin Robinson's fixation on Guillermo's shit was slightly off character, but still hilarious. Kristen Schaal was great (as always) I am hoping she will be in a lot of the episodes this season. This show is just too damn good.

:lol:

I've watched both like three times now. The scat thing was weird for sure, but it also worked in that it makes people feel uncomfortable (but the vampires acted like they didn't care). But you're right. It felt off, but it was still funny.

And season nothing! I want her as a full-on recurring character. It feels like she will be for the season at least.

I hope we see Simon the Devious at some point again. Kroll cracks me up.

And I'd love to see the witches again. And the werewolves. (From the trailer, it looks like the werewolves will make a return. :yay: )
Neon Maniac wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 6:15 pm I didn't realize that Kristen Schaal was in this. I may have to give it a try. I'm glad she liked your post, I bet that felt special when you saw that.
She only shows up once or twice in the first two seasons. But it looks like she might be a heavy hitter this season.

And I felt VERY special. Next stop, MARRIAGE. :yay:

shiki-jitsu
Horror DNA Hardcore
Horror DNA Hardcore

Post by shiki-jitsu »

Yeah, the werewolves definitely show up in atleast one episode. There is no reason for her to not be part of this season... and I would hope she will be in following seasons... but I think we all know they are going to fuck up their leadership roles :lol:

Simon the Devious is always good, so *crosses fingers*. The amount of times the vampires were shouting shut the fuck up colin robinson was killing me. :lol: " a the classic stuggle between nature vs nurture...." SHUT THE FUCK UP COLIN ROBINSON
Letterboxd

Alien Redrum

Post by Alien Redrum »

:lol:

Okay, dumb question. I watch it on Hulu so nothing is bleeped. Do they say fuck that many times on FX when it airs? :lol:

I also cracked up when
Spoiler:
Nadja ripped out the heart of that asshole vamp and EVERYONE calmed down. And this was like the day fucking after the big guy was saying YOU DON'T KILL VAMPIRES. :lol:

shiki-jitsu
Horror DNA Hardcore
Horror DNA Hardcore

Post by shiki-jitsu »

Alien Redrum wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 9:52 pm :lol:

Okay, dumb question. I watch it on Hulu so nothing is bleeped. Do they say fuck that many times on FX when it airs? :lol:

I also cracked up when
Spoiler:
Nadja ripped out the heart of that asshole vamp and EVERYONE calmed down. And this was like the day fucking after the big guy was saying YOU DON'T KILL VAMPIRES. :lol:
I did DVR the episodes and watched them first on that (I think Hulu is a day behind on putting them up). The second go around I watched on Hulu. I don't think there was any difference in the cursing on TV vs Hulu.

That whole spoiler scene made me laugh and cringe.
Spoiler:
even vamps have to deal with millenials and zoomers :shake:

Nadja is great. She doesn't give a fuck :lol:
Letterboxd

Alien Redrum

Post by Alien Redrum »

shiki-jitsu wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 3:12 pm I did DVR the episodes and watched them first on that (I think Hulu is a day behind on putting them up). The second go around I watched on Hulu. I don't think there was any difference in the cursing on TV vs Hulu.
That's a bit surprising but not really. I'm curious if they let It's Always Sunny fly also. In particular when Charlie dropped the n-bomb. :lol:
shiki-jitsu wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 3:12 pm That whole spoiler scene made me laugh and cringe.
Spoiler:
even vamps have to deal with millenials and zoomers :shake:

Nadja is great. She doesn't give a fuck :lol:
I love how mad she gets. She will kill a motherfucker. :lol:

Alien Redrum

Post by Alien Redrum »

I have to say, I'm really loving how Laszlo just gives exactly zero fucks about the Vampire Council. :lol:

And :lol: at
Spoiler:
Collin running around on fire, then just saying he was okay and was just messing with us. :lol:

shiki-jitsu
Horror DNA Hardcore
Horror DNA Hardcore

Post by shiki-jitsu »

Alien Redrum wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 2:24 am I have to say, I'm really loving how Laszlo just gives exactly zero fucks about the Vampire Council. :lol:

And :lol: at
Spoiler:
Collin running around on fire, then just saying he was okay and was just messing with us. :lol:
The whole car bit was hilarous.
Spoiler:
When I was watching it I was wondering if there wasn't an obvious door behind a curtain and actually did notice the button at one point and was like yeah, thats probably it. But then forgot about it. So it was extra great when she pointed it out.
Letterboxd

Alien Redrum

Post by Alien Redrum »

Died when she showed both of them. :lol:

I love her. She's so fucking annoyed with them already and it's only been like 3 days. :lol:

shiki-jitsu
Horror DNA Hardcore
Horror DNA Hardcore

Post by shiki-jitsu »

“Come on you stinky little bitch, the library is open”. :lol:
Letterboxd