3 From Hell

General horror discussion. Movies, DVDs, Blu-rays, TV, and Podcasts.
Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Anti-Spam Question: No

3 From Hell

Post by Neon Maniac »

Watched this last night. It was okay. It was really more of the same of Devil's Rejects. So much so it really follows the exact same formula, almost step for step. So really, if you liked DR, you'd like this I think. If you didn't, you'd probably not want to watch this.
:facts:

Because AR doesn't take my posts seriously

Alien Redrum
Services No Longer Needed

Re: 3 From Hell

Post by Alien Redrum »

I dug it. It was the Baby show. I can see it really being polarizing, but I like Baby. She makes me laugh.
Follow Horror DNA on Twitter.

I'm thinking I might make one to keep in the trunk of the car though. Might be nice to have hot water if I ever have to watch a Matthews compound for 3-4 days hoping to get the drop on Sergio Frenchi. - Neon Bolan

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

Every movie Rob Zombie makes is the Baby show. I haven't see one that isn't.

While I wouldn't say I was disappointed in this movie, I was disappointed that Zombie pretty much remade Devil's Rejects. I mean, 1000 Corpses was 1 style of movie, Devil's Rejects, another. I was hoping to see that continue and get another style here. But nope. And while the movie was decent, the fact that it was 90% a remake of DR, that made it pretty joan.

In DR they go on the run, hold some people hostage in a motel, kill them and skin a woman's face, then go onto hide out at a bar/brothel where they get caught.

In 3 from Hell they go on the run, hold some people hostage in a house, kill them and skin a woman's face, then go on to hide out at a bar/brothel where they get caught.

Really? JFC. This where my disappointment is.

shiki-jitsu
Horror DNA Hardcore
Horror DNA Hardcore

Post by shiki-jitsu »

:lol:

hack.
Letterboxd

"Ghost hunters are the romance novels of tv" - Neon Maniac

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

shiki-jitsu wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:06 pm :lol:

hack.
Exactly.

I know Zombie can make original movies. I just wish he would. He's got a great imagination and I'm willing to sit through the Baby Show if that's what it takes. Like I said, there wasn't anything wrong with this movie, it was entertaining, I enjoyed it.... it was just 95% a rehash of DR.

Alien Redrum

Post by Alien Redrum »

I think if he were around in the '70s making grindhouse films, he would have been a shit ton better. He would be on the level of Jack Hill.

He has the potential to be really, really fucking good, but he gets more caught up in getting his friends jobs than concentrating on making a good movie great.

Devil's Rejects shouldn't be his best film, but it is. He should have grown from it, though, and he hasn't. 3 from Hell is a lot of fun. I dug it quite a bit, but he's so hit or miss. The Halloweens were fucking pointless, 31 was just not good, I haven't seen Lords of Salem, though. The book was okay.

I wish he would make Werewolf Women of the S.S. into a full-on film. That sort of thing is right up his alley. However, there would be a caveat that Baby can't be in it. Then he wouldn't feel obligated to make it all about her. Again, that doesn't really bother me in 3 from Hell, because I like her in that, but she doesn't need to be in every fucking movie. I'm even okay with him using the actors from the horror convention circuit since they are perfect for this type of film. Also, no studio interference. If I had a few million, I would fund this, and I would use may producer pull to say no Baby.

I'm thinking I might make one to keep in the trunk of the car though. Might be nice to have hot water if I ever have to watch a Matthews compound for 3-4 days hoping to get the drop on Sergio Frenchi. - Neon Bolan

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

I bet you $100 that he would deliver you an SS Werewolf movie that had Baby front and center, and they'd chase some escaped POW's who were accused of slaughtering a family in their farmhouse (and carving a woman's face off) and they'd find them hiding out in a brothel.

shiki-jitsu
Horror DNA Hardcore
Horror DNA Hardcore

Post by shiki-jitsu »

Neon Maniac wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 8:55 pm I bet you $100 that he would deliver you an SS Werewolf movie that had Baby front and center, and they'd chase some escaped POW's who were accused of slaughtering a family in their farmhouse (and carving a woman's face off) and they'd find them hiding out in a brothel.

And AR would love it in spite of all that. :mad:
Letterboxd

"Ghost hunters are the romance novels of tv" - Neon Maniac

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

shiki-jitsu wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:40 pm
Neon Maniac wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 8:55 pm I bet you $100 that he would deliver you an SS Werewolf movie that had Baby front and center, and they'd chase some escaped POW's who were accused of slaughtering a family in their farmhouse (and carving a woman's face off) and they'd find them hiding out in a brothel.

And AR would love it in spite of all that. :mad:
I agree 100% on that. What AR isn't willing to admit is that he and Zombie both have a fetish for hiding out in brothels.

Alien Redrum

Post by Alien Redrum »

Who the fuck wouldn't want to hide out in a brothel?

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

Alien Redrum wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 1:19 am Who the fuck wouldn't want to hide out in a brothel?
Anyone in a Rob Zombie movie, because that's where everything bad happens. :lol:

Otherwise, I agree that it's a solid plan. :up:

Mistress0fTheDamned
Emerging from the grave.
Emerging from the grave.

Post by Mistress0fTheDamned »

I saw it and it was fine.
Stare at the dark too long and you will eventually see
WHAT ISN’T THERE.

Hell is empty and all the devils are here.