Good shows (documentaries, really) on Tubi?

General horror discussion. Movies, DVDs, Blu-rays, TV, and Podcasts.
Alien Redrum
Services No Longer Needed
Anti-Spam Question: No

Good shows (documentaries, really) on Tubi?

Post by Alien Redrum »

So a bunch of folks have recommend Tubi to me and I FINALLY put it on my Roku and I'm definitely impressed by the selection.

Anyone have good documentary suggestions?

Right now I'm watching Boogeymen: Monsters Among Us and it's pretty good. First episode was Lake Champlain monster, the second was Mothman, and now is the Bell Witch.

I like it because it interviews both sides (believers and non). The Lake Champlain non-believers are hilarious. They'll all, "There ain't shit out there, but I'm making money so people can believe what they want." :lol:

These are easily found on YouTube too. Apparently this was on the old Shiver network.

Follow Horror DNA on Twitter.

I'm thinking I might make one to keep in the trunk of the car though. Might be nice to have hot water if I ever have to watch a Matthews compound for 3-4 days hoping to get the drop on Sergio Frenchi. - Neon Bolan

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Re: Good shows (documentaries, really) on Tubi?

Post by Neon Maniac »

I've looked at tubi and been impressed by it too, but honestly the commercials in all these free streamers just kill it for me, so I haven't really used it at all. Right now I think I'd rather just watch Fox news.
:facts:

Because AR doesn't take my posts seriously

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

I might restart X-Files. I only watched it live on TV, so I haven't watched it in years. I did watch the streaming season that came out awhile back, but I stopped watching the show around the time the evil terminator started showing up. I never liked him in this show.

Once I when I was in San Francisco, I was staying at a fancy downtown hotel and I was down outside smoking one morning and the evil terminator came out dressed in a fancy suit. The guy in the general's uniform working the door hailed him a cab about a minute later. I stood there smoking, drinking a cup of coffee, looking at him for about a minute. He is the only celebrity I've ever seen in real life who gives off the movie star vibe. Maybe it was the fancy suit, I don't know. I'm not even really a fan of him, either. :lol:
:facts:

Because AR doesn't take my posts seriously

Alien Redrum

Post by Alien Redrum »

Neon Maniac wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 5:46 am I've looked at tubi and been impressed by it too, but honestly the commercials in all these free streamers just kill it for me, so I haven't really used it at all. Right now I think I'd rather just watch Fox news.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

We're so spoiled now. But, yeah, it takes a minute to get used to them again. I watch a lot of Pluto TV, so they don't bother me that much, but I would be lying if I said they didn't annoy me when I first started watching them.

That said, the variety on Tubi, though, I can be okay with the commercials. I'm sure I can find these on YouTube, but it's easier just to let them play in order.
Neon Maniac wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 9:49 am I might restart X-Files. I only watched it live on TV, so I haven't watched it in years. I did watch the streaming season that came out awhile back, but I stopped watching the show around the time the evil terminator started showing up. I never liked him in this show.
:lol:

I think it's on Hulu or Amazon right now. And man, they are so gorgeous.
Neon Maniac wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 9:49 amOnce I when I was in San Francisco, I was staying at a fancy downtown hotel and I was down outside smoking one morning and the evil terminator came out dressed in a fancy suit. The guy in the general's uniform working the door hailed him a cab about a minute later. I stood there smoking, drinking a cup of coffee, looking at him for about a minute. He is the only celebrity I've ever seen in real life who gives off the movie star vibe. Maybe it was the fancy suit, I don't know. I'm not even really a fan of him, either. :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I once saw Jamie Fox before he was Jamie Fox (he was still doing bit parts on In Living Color at this point) come off an elevator with a huge entourage. We just laughed because he was putting on airs and he's so tiny. :lol:

I'm thinking I might make one to keep in the trunk of the car though. Might be nice to have hot water if I ever have to watch a Matthews compound for 3-4 days hoping to get the drop on Sergio Frenchi. - Neon Bolan

Alien Redrum

Post by Alien Redrum »

Here's another I started last night. Pretty good so far. 13 episodes.