Old - M. Night Shyamalan

General horror discussion. Movies, DVDs, Blu-rays, TV, and Podcasts.
Alien Redrum
Services No Longer Needed
Anti-Spam Question: No

Old - M. Night Shyamalan

Post by Alien Redrum »

The new trailer for M. Night Shyamalan's OLD looks pretty damn good.

I've dug his last lower-profile films (SPLIT | THE VISIT) and as long as he doesn't try to force a twist ending, he's still great.

This looks interesting to say the least.

Follow Horror DNA on Twitter.

I'm thinking I might make one to keep in the trunk of the car though. Might be nice to have hot water if I ever have to watch a Matthews compound for 3-4 days hoping to get the drop on Sergio Frenchi. - Neon Bolan

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Re: Old - M. Night Shyamalan

Post by Neon Maniac »

I haven't watched anything by him in years. That's not a comment on him, just my viewing habits. I know he's made some movies, but I think Last Airbender is where I stopped following him :lol:

I do want to see the sequel to Unbreakable.
:facts:

Because AR doesn't take my posts seriously

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

Now I looked them up and realized why I haven't watched it, there's also another movie called Split, and Glass is a sequel to Unbreakable and Split. So I have to watch even more movies. M. Night is clever, but not clever enough to trick me into paying for other movies I don't care about like he's making something from the MCU. This kind of thing shouldn't be rewarded.

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

There was a syfy channel doc about shyamalan when Signs came out. I was watching it with my mom. My dad had been from Philadelphia and they were going to live there when he got out of the Navy. So we're watching this doc and M. Night is talking about growing up in this neighborhood complex and my mom tells me that her and my dad almost bought a house in that neighborhood, but then they decided to move back to WA. M. Night is almost the exact same age as I am. I bet we would've grown up as BFF's and I would've been there making even better movies with him. it would've been great. But my stupid parents fucked all that up for me.

Alien Redrum

Post by Alien Redrum »

Neon Maniac wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 3:08 am There was a syfy channel doc about shyamalan when Signs came out. I was watching it with my mom. My dad had been from Philadelphia and they were going to live there when he got out of the Navy. So we're watching this doc and M. Night is talking about growing up in this neighborhood complex and my mom tells me that her and my dad almost bought a house in that neighborhood, but then they decided to move back to WA. M. Night is almost the exact same age as I am. I bet we would've grown up as BFF's and I would've been there making even better movies with him. it would've been great. But my stupid parents fucked all that up for me.
I'm both mad at your parents and laughing at this situation all at once.

Both The Visit and Split are really good. I liked them both a lot. Especially the former, but the latter is no slouch.

I've heard Glass, however, is not that good. :(

I'm thinking I might make one to keep in the trunk of the car though. Might be nice to have hot water if I ever have to watch a Matthews compound for 3-4 days hoping to get the drop on Sergio Frenchi. - Neon Bolan

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

Yeah, I'm through watching his movies I think. I could've made them better but thanks to my parents I never got the chance :(

Alien Redrum

Post by Alien Redrum »

You could have been his partner and they ruined that chance. :mad:

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

Alien Redrum wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 4:34 pm You could have been his partner and they ruined that chance. :mad:
TBH, my racist bitch mom wouldn't have liked me hanging out with the brown kid down the street, so even if we had moved there she would've fucked it up somehow anyways. :mad:

Alien Redrum

Post by Alien Redrum »

:mad: