Sorry

General horror discussion. Movies, DVDs, Blu-rays, TV, and Podcasts.
Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Anti-Spam Question: No

Sorry

Post by Neon Maniac »

Sorry to make a thread about an actual horror thing, but I was wondering if anybody is watching or has watched black summer on Netflix? They've got the second season up there now.
:facts:

Because AR doesn't take my posts seriously

shiki-jitsu
Horror DNA Hardcore
Horror DNA Hardcore

Re: Sorry

Post by shiki-jitsu »

Never heard of it to be honest. I may watch this.
Letterboxd

"Ghost hunters are the romance novels of tv" - Neon Maniac

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

shiki-jitsu wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 2:17 pm Never heard of it to be honest. I may watch this.
This is one of the most underrated things ever. It's a non-related spin off series by one of the creators of Z Nation.

This is a zombie show, but it's not a Walking Dead we're going to stand around for 19 years and talk while the creators masturbate show. There's very little dialog, I think the first season lasts less than 3 days of time. There are no little schemes, bullshit, etc. It's all survival and it's non-stop action. Some episodes last an hour, some last 20 minutes.

You never know who the main characters are, and I won't spoil it because very few make it to S2. You'll be watching someone trying to do something for 10 minutes, it will be really engrossing, then bam, they're dead and the story goes off on what you thought was a tangent, but it turns out you were watching the tangent. It's hard to describe, but the structure of the story telling is very much chaotic with a lot of things grabbing your attention, causing WTF's, etc., because it's mimicking the beginning of a zombie outbreak.

It's good, my words can't describe it.

Alien Redrum
Services No Longer Needed
Services No Longer Needed

Post by Alien Redrum »

When I was still not bothered by the oversaturation of zombies, I actually dug Z-Nation. It had the balls Walking Dead never had.
Follow Horror DNA on Twitter.

I'm thinking I might make one to keep in the trunk of the car though. Might be nice to have hot water if I ever have to watch a Matthews compound for 3-4 days hoping to get the drop on Sergio Frenchi. - Neon Bolan

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

Alien Redrum wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 3:04 pm When I was still not bothered by the oversaturation of zombies, I actually dug Z-Nation. It had the balls Walking Dead never had.
Okay, Rerun. But this has nothing to do with Z Nation. It's entirely its own show that happens at the beginning of the zombie outbreak for Z Nation. This is one of the most hardcore shows/movies I've ever seen.

shiki-jitsu
Horror DNA Hardcore
Horror DNA Hardcore

Post by shiki-jitsu »

Neon Maniac wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 3:11 pm
Alien Redrum wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 3:04 pm When I was still not bothered by the oversaturation of zombies, I actually dug Z-Nation. It had the balls Walking Dead never had.
Okay, Rerun. But this has nothing to do with Z Nation. It's entirely its own show that happens at the beginning of the zombie outbreak for Z Nation. This is one of the most hardcore shows/movies I've ever seen.
AR reading this comment...

Letterboxd

"Ghost hunters are the romance novels of tv" - Neon Maniac

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

shiki-jitsu wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:42 pm
Neon Maniac wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 3:11 pm
AR reading this comment...

Look, I'm sorry, but with that avatar I feel like I have to talk to him that way. :(

Rerun is so insolent and hurtful in that pic :(

I want to talk to AR about Z Nation and a lot of other things, but I feel that I can't because Rerun is just staring me down. I want AR to tell me about his new sleestak hats, not hear about what concerts Rerun is bootlegging in mono with his 8 tape decks.

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

Just starting episode 4 and a warning comes up saying that there are scenes that depict suicide. They don't hide anything here. I'm so glad this wasn't a FX show or something.

DJBenz
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by DJBenz »

I watched the first Season and really enjoyed it. There was one episode that had almost no dialogue and just followed one survivor who had to dodge zombies. Sounds like an awful episode, but it was really well done. I think I'll watch S2 soon.
Horror DNA on the web: www | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Instagram

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

DJBenz wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 8:46 pm I watched the first Season and really enjoyed it. There was one episode that had almost no dialogue and just followed one survivor who had to dodge zombies. Sounds like an awful episode, but it was really well done. I think I'll watch S2 soon.
if you liked season 1 you'll like season 2. Very much the same sort of storytelling. I think it picks up four months after the end of season 1 when they get to the stadium, and I think the entire season is maybe three days long. Possibly four.
Spoiler:
Sun finally finds someone who speaks Korean.