The Sadness (2021)

General horror discussion. Movies, DVDs, Blu-rays, TV, and Podcasts.
DJBenz
Site Admin
Site Admin
Anti-Spam Question: No

The Sadness (2021)

Post by DJBenz »

So I watched a festival screener of this last night. Holy shit. First thing to note: It's not a zombie movie, despite the Rue Morgue quote in the trailer that says it is. It's about a virus that infects people and makes them get absolute pleasure out of the suffering of others. Murder, rape, cannibalism, necrophilia, it's all in here. It's right on the nose with the events of the COVID pandemic, starting out with scientists warning about the virus and people not really taking much notice. You could even argue that its division of society mirrors the current pro/anti-vax factions we see today, with one side gleefully enjoying the other side's suffering. I'll leave it up to you to decide which side represents what.

Not for everyone, and hard to even recommend it, but for fans of extreme cinema it's a call back to the days of Cat III shockers like Ebola Syndrome and The Untold Story.
Horror DNA on the web: www | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Instagram

shiki-jitsu
Horror DNA Hardcore
Horror DNA Hardcore

Re: The Sadness (2021)

Post by shiki-jitsu »

That really is an awful quote that does this a disservice from what you are saying.

Looks like a fun one.
Letterboxd

"Ghost hunters are the romance novels of tv" - Neon Maniac

Alien Redrum
Services No Longer Needed
Services No Longer Needed
Anti-Spam Question: No

Re: The Sadness (2021)

Post by Alien Redrum »

This looks fucking brutal. :lol:
Follow Horror DNA on Twitter.

I'm thinking I might make one to keep in the trunk of the car though. Might be nice to have hot water if I ever have to watch a Matthews compound for 3-4 days hoping to get the drop on Sergio Frenchi. - Neon Bolan