2021 Christmas Horror Challenge

General horror discussion. Movies, DVDs, Blu-rays, TV, and Podcasts.
Alien Redrum
Services No Longer Needed
Anti-Spam Question: No

2021 Christmas Horror Challenge

Post by Alien Redrum »

Neon came up with a fantastic idea to do Thanksgiving and Christmas challenges too. Since Thanksgiving has come and gone (and Horror DAN can't participate because they don't have freedom over there), it's not too late for Christmas!

Most of this is a copy and paste from the Halloween Horror Challenge thread.

The goal is to watch as many Christmas-themed horror movies/shows as you can during the month of December. If you're unsure what qualifies:

The IMDb is a good source to determine its potential horror movie status. If you're unsure, asking in the discussion thread is advised. Everything from horror-comedies, sci-fi horror, wretchedly bad horror, kiddie horror, creature features, erotic horror, Masters of Horror, silents, made-for-TV movies, etc. will count. Mini-series count as one despite the running time. LEGITIMATE STAND-ALONE DOCUMENTARIES ONLY. NO FLUFF - That refers to featurettes produced exclusively for the film's disc as supplemental material. For example, don't try and pass off the featurettes, interviews, making of and the like as part of your list.

Like last year, TV SHOWS ARE ALLOWED! This includes American Horror Story, The Walking Dead, True Blood, Tales from the Crypt or Darkside or ANY shows YOU deem worthy of the horror name! Simply name the show and list the episode(s) you watched underneath.

DON'T VIEW THE SAME FILM MORE THAN ONCE! This literally means don't watch Christmas Evil on December 1st, discuss it, and then watch Christmas Evil on December 24th and discuss it again! Once is enough!

Finally, I'm pretty sure MOST of us here have Netflix accounts, so if you're able, feel free to post recommendations and/or updates for others to refer to so they can watch more movies instantly.
Follow Horror DNA on Twitter.

I'm thinking I might make one to keep in the trunk of the car though. Might be nice to have hot water if I ever have to watch a Matthews compound for 3-4 days hoping to get the drop on Sergio Frenchi. - Neon Bolan

Alien Redrum

Re: 2021 Christmas Horror Challenge

Post by Alien Redrum »

Black Christmas (1974) - :4stars: - Shudder

Christmas Evil - :2.5stars: - Shudder
A Christmas Horror Story - :3stars: - Shudder
A Creepshow Holiday Special - :4stars: - Shudder

Better Watch Out - :4.5stars: - Shudder

I'm Dreaming of a White Doomsday - :1star:
To All a Goodnight - :1.5stars:
Follow Horror DNA on Twitter.

I'm thinking I might make one to keep in the trunk of the car though. Might be nice to have hot water if I ever have to watch a Matthews compound for 3-4 days hoping to get the drop on Sergio Frenchi. - Neon Bolan

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

11/28
Jingle All the Way

12/3
The Ghostkeeper

12/8
Silent Night, Deadly Night 4
Bloodbeat

12/9
Bob's Burgers S3E9: Bob Rest Ye Gentle Mannequins - The Bob Holidays are so cringeworthy that I think they count. I hate the creepy mannequin guy. :lol:

12/10
Silent Night Deadly Night 2

12/11
Bob's Burgers S4E8: Christmas in the Car - I hate this so much. Fucking Dutch babies. Seriously, Linda. :roll:
Bob Burgers S5E6: Father of the Bob. This is a lame Christmas episode. It could have been any time of the year. And then they never have an episode with Big Bob again, so what's the point here?

12/21
Black Christmas
Advent Calendar
Last edited by Neon Maniac on Wed Dec 22, 2021 10:02 pm, edited 8 times in total.
:facts:

Because AR doesn't take my posts seriously

shiki-jitsu
Horror DNA Hardcore
Horror DNA Hardcore

Post by shiki-jitsu »

Placeholder but I expect barely any entries. Bah humbug.
Letterboxd

"Ghost hunters are the romance novels of tv" - Neon Maniac

DJBenz
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by DJBenz »

Placeholder and screw you AR. :mad:
Horror DNA on the web: www | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Instagram