Law Abiding Citizen

If it's not horror, this is the place!
Alien Redrum
Services No Longer Needed
Anti-Spam Question: No

Law Abiding Citizen

Post by Alien Redrum »

Checked this out yesterday and liked it as much as I thought I would.

I love revenge films, so this was a no brainer at $9.99 on Blu.

I really liked it up until the end, which was kind of lame.
Spoiler:
No way should the dude have died. He did everything right, therefore he should have won, but tje stupid movie attempted to be preachy and make him look crazy.
Regardless, still a very fun movie and well worth the ten bucks.
Follow Horror DNA on Twitter.

I'm thinking I might make one to keep in the trunk of the car though. Might be nice to have hot water if I ever have to watch a Matthews compound for 3-4 days hoping to get the drop on Sergio Frenchi. - Neon Bolan

Blonde
Sexy Robot
Sexy Robot

Re: Law Abiding Citizen

Post by Blonde »

I was going to pass after I saw the trailer (particularly the line "I'm going to kill everyone"), but I decided to give it a shot after reading this.

Not bad, I thought it had a decent plot and some pretty badass action sequences. As for your gripe, I think they were trying to portray him as more of a tragic character than a crazy guy (though it seemed there were a few parts where they couldn't decide and just made him crazy). I also thought there were a few sporadic statements about the justice system which didn't really add to the movie at all.
Everything in the casa is mi casa su casa. Except for the tortugas. Hands off.

Alien Redrum
Anti-Spam Question: No

Re: Law Abiding Citizen

Post by Alien Redrum »

Blonde wrote:I was going to pass after I saw the trailer (particularly the line "I'm going to kill everyone"), but I decided to give it a shot after reading this.

Not bad, I thought it had a decent plot and some pretty badass action sequences. As for your gripe, I think they were trying to portray him as more of a tragic character than a crazy guy (though it seemed there were a few parts where they couldn't decide and just made him crazy).
Kevin and I talked about this the other night. It also seemed like they were trying to make him the bad guy, but failed miserably. After what he went through, there was nothing he could have done that would have been bad in my eyes. :lol:
I also thought there were a few sporadic statements about the justice system which didn't really add to the movie at all.
Definitely agreed. It's like they forgot what kind of movie they were making on a few occasions. :lol:
Follow Horror DNA on Twitter.

I'm thinking I might make one to keep in the trunk of the car though. Might be nice to have hot water if I ever have to watch a Matthews compound for 3-4 days hoping to get the drop on Sergio Frenchi. - Neon Bolan