Fringe

Anything else; TV, music, video games etc.
Alien Redrum
Services No Longer Needed
Anti-Spam Question: No

Fringe

Post by Alien Redrum »

I've been tearing into season 1 (finally!) and I'm really digging it. It's obviously heavily influenced by X-Files (and even has a Millennium-esque intro) and that's not a bad thing at all.

I really dug the episode where it's the agent's birthday and it delves into why she doesn't like that special, special day. I hope they come back to that story.
Follow Horror DNA on Twitter.

I'm thinking I might make one to keep in the trunk of the car though. Might be nice to have hot water if I ever have to watch a Matthews compound for 3-4 days hoping to get the drop on Sergio Frenchi. - Neon Bolan

shiki-jitsu
Horror DNA Hardcore
Horror DNA Hardcore

Re: Fringe

Post by shiki-jitsu »

Alien Redrum wrote:I've been tearing into season 1 (finally!) and I'm really digging it. It's obviously heavily influenced by X-Files (and even has a Millennium-esque intro) and that's not a bad thing at all.

I really dug the episode where it's the agent's birthday and it delves into why she doesn't like that special, special day. I hope they come back to that story.
Yeah I started watching this a few months ago, and put it aside (when the DestinatioN Truth season came out). I recently got back to it and am on like disc 6.

I wasn't crazy about the show at first as the formula was kind of annoying. Something weird happens, they don't know what, Walter remembers something he was working, creates a crazy device that works, solves the mystery. Every week. But once the back story stuff started coming in more and the overall arc was showing itself more I got into it a lot.

Definitely looking forward to S2, which comes out in about a month.
Letterboxd

"Ghost hunters are the romance novels of tv" - Neon Maniac

Alien Redrum
Anti-Spam Question: No

Post by Alien Redrum »

I just got to that German guy (the one in the prison). He's pretty damn awesome. I hope he sticks around.

Definitely agree with you on the mystery-of-the-week part. I cut it some slack since a lot of shows are like that at first, then find there own (Buffy, X-Files, Supernatural, etc.).
Follow Horror DNA on Twitter.

I'm thinking I might make one to keep in the trunk of the car though. Might be nice to have hot water if I ever have to watch a Matthews compound for 3-4 days hoping to get the drop on Sergio Frenchi. - Neon Bolan

shiki-jitsu
Horror DNA Hardcore
Horror DNA Hardcore

Post by shiki-jitsu »

Yeah, you're probably like 1/3 through the season. More interesting things happen and the show definitely starts to find it's own. :up:
Letterboxd

"Ghost hunters are the romance novels of tv" - Neon Maniac