Sliders

Anything else; TV, music, video games etc.
Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Anti-Spam Question: No

Sliders

Post by Neon Maniac »

For lack of anything else to do, I started watching Sliders on Netflix. I'd seen a few episodes when it was actually on TV and thought it was okay until it jumped the shark with Kromags and a lot of other goofy crap that eventually went on. Watching it now, my opinion is: NOPE. This has got to be one of the worst shows ever. :lol:

There's so much wrong with it, it's become awesome in a bad way. Every episode, someone gets taken prisoner and they have to rescue them before it's time to slide. Every episode. Although sometimes they don't get taken prisoner, in those episodes they are wanted and being chased by someone who wants to take them prisoner. Variety!

And they are all just sliding around in their same clothes. Sometimes the clothes change episode to episode, but not during the episode even when multiple days go by. That's actually the most realistic part of the show, because they also don't carry any luggage with them. No backpacks, messenger bags, etc. I carry a messenger bag or backpack to work every day. It's got lunch, coffee, water and other useful shit in it. That's just for a 14 mile bus ride. Is it unreasonable that they maybe would carry an extra set of clothes and maybe some basic hygiene items? I mean seriously, you're basically on a nonstop adventure. I'd think they'd want to be equipped for it. Maybe some clothes, basic but handy tools like a Leatherman and some non-perishable food and water for a day or two.
:facts:

Because AR doesn't take my posts seriously

TGM
Juvenile Reviewer
Juvenile Reviewer

Re: Sliders

Post by TGM »

I remember liking it back in the day, mindless sci-fi fluff. If you think it's bad now, just wait until they overhaul the cast in the last season (although Kari Wurher is an upgrade over Sallah from Raiders of the Lost Ark).

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

I liked Kari in it, in the few episodes I saw with her back then. But then I like her in just about anything. Back then I think I really gave up on the show when the main guy's brother started being on it. He was horrible and annoying. He was like the Joe Estevez of Sliders.

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

I'm also noticing that about halfway through the second season, Sabrina Lloyd no longer wears jeans and her skirts get shorter every episode. :lol: