Expedition Bigfoot (discovery+)

Anything else; TV, music, video games etc.
shiki-jitsu
Horror DNA Hardcore
Horror DNA Hardcore

Expedition Bigfoot (discovery+)

Post by shiki-jitsu »

We signed up for Discovery+ because my wife likes to watch shows that teach her how to get away with murdering me. So I have been using it to watch some of the cryptid/paranormal shows, Im going to start another thread about one of the other shows (Blind Frog Ranch) but right now I am sitting here nursing a tooth ache watch the second season of Expedition Bigfoot and its awesome.

Last season they were in Oregon, but all they kept seeing was losers driving around in Santa Fes. Now they are in the Appalachians in Kentucky. I have to say its a pretty enjoyable show. Recommend it.
Letterboxd

"Ghost hunters are the romance novels of tv" - Neon Maniac

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Anti-Spam Question: No

Re: Expedition Bigfoot (discovery+)

Post by Neon Maniac »

:mad: :mad: :mad:
:facts:

Because AR doesn't take my posts seriously

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

THAT'S WHAT WE DO

:mad:

shiki-jitsu
Horror DNA Hardcore
Horror DNA Hardcore

Post by shiki-jitsu »

So it was hard for me to type before laying on the couch with my laptop on my belly :lol: so I will add some more info.

Its an interesting show, a team of four people that use OMG SCIENCITIFIC METHOD to come up with a target area and time of the year when the Squatch will most likely be in the area. So the spend a couple of weeks exploring and documenting any evidence. For the most part its fairly sane and reasonable, but every now and then they get a bit woo woo on things. Also, its hard to take them so serious on the science aspect when atelast half of them are walking around with Bigfoot dolls or keychains hanging from their backpacks.

Im' like 4 episodes deep into Season 2. I had seen most of S1, but I may go back and watch the ones I haven't seen yet.
Letterboxd

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

I've heard of the show but I've never seen it. I am usually using my Santa Fe to drive Bigfoot to a safe area when people are after him.

Alien and Cryptid people always have the weird toys and stickers for what they're after. I have no idea why but I agree with your take on it.

Alien Redrum
Services No Longer Needed

Post by Alien Redrum »

Honestly, I cannot WAIT for my discovery+, and this thread just made it better. I'm getting a free year with my Verizon renewal. Unrelated, they must really be suffering because I had to fight at last renewal to get it at $120 a month for basic ass cable, 75/75 internet and phone. This time around, they fucking gave me 1GB internet, phone and TV w/ a year of discovery+ for $89.99 and I didn't even have to fight.

Good. Fuck them.
Follow Horror DNA on Twitter.

I'm thinking I might make one to keep in the trunk of the car though. Might be nice to have hot water if I ever have to watch a Matthews compound for 3-4 days hoping to get the drop on Sergio Frenchi. - Neon Bolan

Alien Redrum

Post by Alien Redrum »

Just saw this deal, 1 year of discovery+ for $59 or 6 months for $29 (both ad free). I'm getting a free year anyway since I just renewed my FIOS sub, but I might tack on another year at this price since the code doesn't expire.

https://slickdeals.net/f/14811937-disco ... =frontpage

I'm thinking I might make one to keep in the trunk of the car though. Might be nice to have hot water if I ever have to watch a Matthews compound for 3-4 days hoping to get the drop on Sergio Frenchi. - Neon Bolan

Alien Redrum

Post by Alien Redrum »

shiki-jitsu wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 5:25 am So it was hard for me to type before laying on the couch with my laptop on my belly :lol: so I will add some more info.

Its an interesting show, a team of four people that use OMG SCIENCITIFIC METHOD to come up with a target area and time of the year when the Squatch will most likely be in the area. So the spend a couple of weeks exploring and documenting any evidence. For the most part its fairly sane and reasonable, but every now and then they get a bit woo woo on things. Also, its hard to take them so serious on the science aspect when atelast half of them are walking around with Bigfoot dolls or keychains hanging from their backpacks.

Im' like 4 episodes deep into Season 2. I had seen most of S1, but I may go back and watch the ones I haven't seen yet.
Okay, like I said, started this last night and kind of digging it, but it does suffer from the obviously-playing-for-the-camera the normies do when they are being filmed. Everything is so fucking dramatic. But, like you mentioned, the scientific method he's using to go after Bigfoot is intriguing.

I did bust out laughing at the look on one of the guy's faces when that scientist was telling him I DISCOVERED A NEW SPECIES AND I KNOW IT'S GREAT. He was holding back. :lol:

shiki-jitsu
Horror DNA Hardcore
Horror DNA Hardcore

Post by shiki-jitsu »

I will say that I am enjoying S2 better than S1. Might be that I just knew what to expect from the team better. Also, the make a a move halfway through the season to Washington State so I am hoping to catcha glimpse of Neon doing donuts in his Santa Fe in the background, or better yet, he joins them for the hunt.
Letterboxd

Alien Redrum

Post by Alien Redrum »

OMG. I AM BINGING ALL EPISODES TONIGHT IN HOPES FOR THAT.

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

How many threads do we need about this show?

Here's the thing: Bigfoot is easy to find. He's very approachable. But if he doesn't like you, he totally ghosts you. So assholes like these people were ghosted by Bigfoot, probably because they were dicks walking around with toys and stickers of him. Bigfoot doesn't make any money from his likeness, so seeing his likeness all over things makes him angry. So these people will never find Bigfoot

shiki-jitsu
Horror DNA Hardcore
Horror DNA Hardcore

Post by shiki-jitsu »

Neon Maniac wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 6:18 pm How many threads do we need about this show?
I had to point the "editor" or whatever of this site to actually use the previously made show thread. :shrug:
Letterboxd

shiki-jitsu
Horror DNA Hardcore
Horror DNA Hardcore

Post by shiki-jitsu »

Neon Maniac wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 6:18 pm Here's the thing: Bigfoot is easy to find. He's very approachable. But if he doesn't like you, he totally ghosts you. So assholes like these people were ghosted by Bigfoot, probably because they were dicks walking around with toys and stickers of him. Bigfoot doesn't make any money from his likeness, so seeing his likeness all over things makes him angry. So these people will never find Bigfoot
More than ever you are proving that they need to bring you on as the new team leader. You can whip these people into shape, they have clearly lost their way.
Letterboxd

Alien Redrum

Post by Alien Redrum »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

shiki-jitsu wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 6:21 pm
Neon Maniac wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 6:18 pm How many threads do we need about this show?
I had to point the "editor" or whatever of this site to actually use the previously made show thread. :shrug:
You weren't the one I was trying to blame here. Looks like HorrorDAN's got his hands full trying to sweep up after the 'editor' of the site. Whatever that position is.