discovery+

Anything else; TV, music, video games etc.
Alien Redrum
Services No Longer Needed
Anti-Spam Question: No

discovery+

Post by Alien Redrum »

Okay, as mentioned, when I updated my internet to super-high-speed-but-not-as-fast-as-Gramps ( :mad: ), I got a free year of discovery+. AND I also scored a deal for a year of ad free discovery+ for $59.99. So I'm solid for two years.

That said, to say I'm impressed at the offering is an understatement. Because, and I totally didn't expect this, but not only do you get Discovery Channel shit, you also get Tru-TV shows, Travel Channel shows, HGTV, food network, TLC, OWN, ID, Planet Earth, A&E, History, Lifetime, Sci, diy network, cooking, AHC, Discovery Life, Destination America, and one more that has a logo I don't know. It's insane.

One show I was delighted to see was Mysteries at the Museum. Basically, if you haven't seen it, this dude just goes to random museums around the US and finds weird shit in them. And it's a variety of museums, from the Smithsonian to Ed & Lorraine's rinky-dink-full-of-bullshit museum in the basement of their house. I LOVE shows like this.

They also have a ton of the ghost hunting shows I'll never watch, but I did see the new show Neon had mentioned with Jason, Steve and Dave Tango. I didn't even start it. Zero interest in these now. They are all so hokey AND THERE'S SO MANY OF THEM.

I tried watching the one Shiki mentioned; I forgot the title, but it's like Oak Island. I hated it. I'll probably hate watch it at some point though.

Anyway, there is a shocking amount of content on this. I'm already in love. They have a 7-day free trial that is well worth taking a look at.

If you have it, what are you watching? Here is my list of shows in my favorites so far:

• Mysteries at the Museum
  • Mysteries of the Deep
  • Helltown
  • America: Facts vs. Fiction
  • Monsters & Mysteries in America
  • Mysteries of the Abandoned
  • World's Most Unexplained.

That was just a brief first go through last night. I'm sure I'll add about 100 more I'll never watch.
Follow Horror DNA on Twitter.

I'm thinking I might make one to keep in the trunk of the car though. Might be nice to have hot water if I ever have to watch a Matthews compound for 3-4 days hoping to get the drop on Sergio Frenchi. - Neon Bolan

Alien Redrum

Re: discovery+

Post by Alien Redrum »

Why are there so fucking many Ghost Hunter shows? :lol:

I'm unreasonably mad about this. It's like when I go to a used book sale and see no horror section, but rows upon rows of romance novels. :mad: :lol:

I'm thinking I might make one to keep in the trunk of the car though. Might be nice to have hot water if I ever have to watch a Matthews compound for 3-4 days hoping to get the drop on Sergio Frenchi. - Neon Bolan

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

I think you nailed it. Ghost hunters are the romance novels of tv
:facts:

Because AR doesn't take my posts seriously

shiki-jitsu
Horror DNA Hardcore
Horror DNA Hardcore

Post by shiki-jitsu »

So I got hooked on Bering Sea Gold now. :lol: I am going to empy my 401k and move to Nome, Alaska and fund a dredging ship.

The ghost hunting shows that they offer are terrible, they don't have my favorite, Ghosts in the Hood. :shake:

Did you watch the Bigfoot show yet?
Letterboxd

"Ghost hunters are the romance novels of tv" - Neon Maniac

Alien Redrum

Post by Alien Redrum »

Neon Maniac wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 5:26 pm I think you nailed it. Ghost hunters are the romance novels of tv
:lol:

That should be on a shirt or sticker. :lol:
shiki-jitsu wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 7:03 pm So I got hooked on Bering Sea Gold now. :lol: I am going to empy my 401k and move to Nome, Alaska and fund a dredging ship.

The ghost hunting shows that they offer are terrible, they don't have my favorite, Ghosts in the Hood. :shake:

Did you watch the Bigfoot show yet?
Not yet!

Seriously, discovery+ is a little overwhelming because it has a lot of what I love. I didn't realize it incorporated so many stations.

Alien Redrum

Post by Alien Redrum »

Okay, this shit annoys me. So I love watching "history of" shows. Like History of Christmas, Halloween, etc.

I'm watching one now from the Travel Channel called "This is Halloween". And it's going through the history of it. And aside from like 3 real experts (Linda Horton being one of them), the rest are the fucking ghost hunters from the other series on their channel. STOP. They aren't fucking experts. They are only experts in selling snake oil. :mad:

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

What does that say about the things you watch?

Alien Redrum

Post by Alien Redrum »

I don't understand. :(

I switched over to abandoned buildings show. It just has a narrator and pictures. :lol:

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

I don't know, I was asking you. :(

shiki-jitsu
Horror DNA Hardcore
Horror DNA Hardcore

Post by shiki-jitsu »

Alien Redrum wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 9:24 pm And aside from like 3 real experts (Linda Horton being one of them),
Who is Linda Horton?
Letterboxd

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

shiki-jitsu wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:37 pm
Alien Redrum wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 9:24 pm And aside from like 3 real experts (Linda Horton being one of them),
Who is Linda Horton?
Apparently some ghost hunting expert that only real ghost hunting fans like AR know.

Alien Redrum

Post by Alien Redrum »

:lol:

She's an expert on Halloween. She's published a few scholarly books on it. She's also an author. She knows her stuff.

shiki-jitsu
Horror DNA Hardcore
Horror DNA Hardcore

Post by shiki-jitsu »

Informative. A++++++ post. Will quote from again.
Letterboxd

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

shiki-jitsu wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:13 am Informative. A++++++ post. Will quote from again.

Between you and me I was hoping he meant Linda Moulton Howe. But then I'm always thinking about Linda Moulton Howe.

shiki-jitsu
Horror DNA Hardcore
Horror DNA Hardcore

Post by shiki-jitsu »

Neon Maniac wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:38 am
shiki-jitsu wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:13 am Informative. A++++++ post. Will quote from again.

Between you and me I was hoping he meant Linda Moulton Howe. But then I'm always thinking about Linda Moulton Howe.
That was 100% why I had asked. I was really just teeing it up for that.

But he disappointed. (as usual)
Letterboxd