Sasquatch

Anything else; TV, music, video games etc.
Alien Redrum
Services No Longer Needed
Anti-Spam Question: No

Re: Sasquatch

Post by Alien Redrum »

Neon Maniac wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:59 pm
Alien Redrum wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:22 pm :lol:

I know you hate them, but all executive producers really do is give money to the project (and sometimes just a name, like here). They are rarely very hands-on. If they were hands-on, they would be credited as a producer (not an executive producer). They probably didn't have much to do with this aside from helping fund it and using their name to promote it.
Yes, and no.

When you watch The Conjuring and you see Steve Mnuchin's name as the exec producer, your description is 100% correct. When you watch some low budget streaming turdpile, I believe your description is 100% incorrect. On these tiny projects the producers are usually not just investors. Please, go show me the law books where it says in black and white print that this is what the exec producer does and doesn't do. There is none. Go ask Spielberg directors about what Spielberg does as an exec producer. This is a silly argument, I'm not sure why you're trying to drag me into it. Just like Rupert Murdock was a huge conservative, but he let FOX and all the other media he owned be liberal or whatever they wanted, because he was just an investor....

Yeah, no. :lol:
Yes and yes. :lol:

You're absolutely wrong on this, man. Executive producers generally do funding and that's it. Producers do what you think executive producers do. Of course there's no law, but there's also nothing in black and white saying a CEO generally runs a company. :lol:

https://www.masterclass.com/articles/wh ... e-producer
The executive producer is the person who sources and secures the financing for a film production, either through an independent financing company, through a studio, or by financing it themselves. The executive producer’s biggest priority is making sure there is enough money to complete the project.
https://www.infobloom.com/what-is-an-ex ... oducer.htm
In most cases, an executive producer is someone who has either personally funded or arranged the funding for a motion picture, television show, or musical album. Executive producers, sometimes just called EPs, are usually different from regular producers who often have a more hands-on role in creating the end product.
There are countless links out there that say virtually the same thing.

Do executive producers sometimes do a producer's work? I'm sure it happens. But that's not the EPs job. Stephen Spielberg is a good example of this. There's always the discussion about Poltergeist and did he have a heavy hand in it. I think he did, and he's credited as producer, which would make sense if he did. Otherwise, if he'd just given money and was hands-off, he'd be executive producer.

They are different titles because they are different jobs.
Follow Horror DNA on Twitter.

I'm thinking I might make one to keep in the trunk of the car though. Might be nice to have hot water if I ever have to watch a Matthews compound for 3-4 days hoping to get the drop on Sergio Frenchi. - Neon Bolan

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

Alien Redrum wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:40 pm

Yes and yes. :lol:

You're absolutely wrong on this, man. Executive producers generally do funding and that's it. Producers do what you think executive producers do. Of course there's no law, but there's also nothing in black and white saying a CEO generally runs a company. :lol:

https://www.masterclass.com/articles/wh ... e-producer
Again, no. Sorry. Nice link to the Master Class site, btw :lol:

I agree, in the scheme of things, yes that's an exec producer. Again, look at Steve Mnuchin. Or even George Bush, who was part of Silver Screen Partners in the 80's. I don't think they did shit but give out cash. But the thing is, the world is different today, and things like Sasquatch are small projects. Titles are fairly meaningless on small projects and the Duplass's don't have Bush or Mnuchin money. Do you think they put all that money in themselves? Out of pocket?

Because you'd be wrong. They would've gone and done fundraising for it. And a big part of their fundraising promises would be their name and their promise of what the show would be. I guess you missed ALL of the articles about their involvement in it. And I guess you didn't see them presenting it at SXSW either. I guess you missed all that when you were busy defining job titles for some reason. BECAUSE OMG A JOB TITLE IS 100% CORRECT AND 100% DEFINES THE ONLY INVOLVEMENT IN A PROJECT!!! :lol:

I don't know why you're trying to drag on this argument. They were all over this project, you can find the links about it. Please find 1 link where the Duplass's say they had absolutely no involvement other than signing a check. I'll wait right here...
:facts:

Because AR doesn't take my posts seriously

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

Because it's so hard to believe that Adam Sandler was the executive producer of Grandma's Boy. He had absolutely no influence over that movie whatsoever. That's what all these links prove. :roll:

:lol:

Alien Redrum

Post by Alien Redrum »

Neon Maniac wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:45 pm Because it's so hard to believe that Adam Sandler was the executive producer of Grandma's Boy. He had absolutely no influence over that movie whatsoever. That's what all these links prove. :roll:

I wrote:Do executive producers sometimes do a producer's work? I'm sure it happens. But that's not the EPs job.
:yay: :yay:

The best part about zooloft and weed is back in the day, you'd be making me SO MAD right now. But now I'm a-okay with you just being wrong. :yay:

I'm thinking I might make one to keep in the trunk of the car though. Might be nice to have hot water if I ever have to watch a Matthews compound for 3-4 days hoping to get the drop on Sergio Frenchi. - Neon Bolan

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

Gramps
Emerging from the grave.
Emerging from the grave.

Post by Gramps »

This is pretty damn good, unless you need it to actually be about Bigfoot.

Unexpected Larry Livermoore interviews as well.

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

Remember all those times when Lorne Michaels was the executive producer of movies starring or written by SNL people doing SNL things? What a crazy coincidence. Because who would expect that from Lorne Michaels?

And speaking of that, why does it seem like Harrison Ford only has three characters? Han Solo, Indiana Jones, and a lawyer or rich guy of some kind who has some sort of flaw that he has to deal with before he can love again/see his family again. You can make the case that that's actually four characters but I think if you think about it enough you'll agree with me that the rich white man in the suit it's pretty much the same thing regardless of what's happening to him.

Also why is every Michael Douglas character the same guy except as time goes on he gets increasingly angry until Falling Down? And then after that he just plays the old guy who no longer gives a fuck. Which really is the guy from Falling Down after he has his meltdown and just gives up, realizing it's all meaningless.

Alien Redrum

Post by Alien Redrum »

Just finished this. Holy shit, this was a nice surprise. It took it very seriously.
Spoiler:
The third episode was dragging, then all of a sudden the reveal hit and I was like, "Hoy fuck, how did I not see this coming?"

I put twists in spoiler tags because saying there's a twist ruins it somewhat in my experience.
I'm glad I watched it. A very quick three episodes too.

Alien Redrum

Post by Alien Redrum »

Gramps wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:08 am This is pretty damn good, unless you need it to actually be about Bigfoot.

Unexpected Larry Livermoore interviews as well.
I don't know why I liked this. I don't know who that is. :(

I looked him up, though, and he looks like the cop in the car. I'm thinking that's what went over my head. :lol:

*edit*

Oh, shit. Okay, I guess that was him. Why did I think it said he was a cop??

Alien Redrum

Post by Alien Redrum »

Everyone at IMDB in the reviews section is mad. :lol:

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

This is hilarious. This is like if Giuliani set up a press conference for Bigfoot. Anyhow go watch the video.
https://www.coasttocoastam.com/article/ ... e-address/

Alien Redrum

Post by Alien Redrum »

W.
T.
F.