SCORE! Awesome deal on a Fire HD

Post the deals here! Check inside on how you can sign up to our deals mailing list. Horror DNA does see a small profit when buying through our Amazon and other links.
Alien Redrum
Services No Longer Needed
Anti-Spam Question: No

SCORE! Awesome deal on a Fire HD

Post by Alien Redrum »

So prime day is tomorrow, but some stuff went on sale now. Their Fire HD 10 is on sale for $79.99, which is a great price anyway. BUT, if you have an old one (which I do), you can trade it in for cash AND get 20% off the $79.99.

So, all-in-all, I just paid $34 for a brand new Fire HD 10. Fucking sweet.

Follow Horror DNA on Twitter.

I'm thinking I might make one to keep in the trunk of the car though. Might be nice to have hot water if I ever have to watch a Matthews compound for 3-4 days hoping to get the drop on Sergio Frenchi. - Neon Bolan

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Re: SCORE! Awesome deal on a Fire HD

Post by Neon Maniac »

I have a Fire 7, and Apple iPad and a real Kindle. Why do I want this one too? And there's no link to trade in your old one. At least not one that is obvious.
:facts:

Because AR doesn't take my posts seriously

Alien Redrum

Post by Alien Redrum »

Might be too old? I'm thinking they only use the registered Kindles and maybe they can't do anything with the 7.

I'm thinking I might make one to keep in the trunk of the car though. Might be nice to have hot water if I ever have to watch a Matthews compound for 3-4 days hoping to get the drop on Sergio Frenchi. - Neon Bolan

DJBenz
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by DJBenz »

Oh man, I tried to trade in my original Echo for a new one and it was the most painful process imaginable.
Horror DNA on the web: www | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Instagram

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

Alien Redrum wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 4:34 am Might be too old? I'm thinking they only use the registered Kindles and maybe they can't do anything with the 7.
They think I have a kindle that's too old, so they don't show me a trade in link? That makes no sense. And I have a real kindle that's a year old so if that was the case that they had magical knowledge of what was in my apartment, they'd know that.

Alien Redrum

Post by Alien Redrum »

DJBenz wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 3:27 pm Oh man, I tried to trade in my original Echo for a new one and it was the most painful process imaginable.
Really? Man, I've done this like three times and it's been easy as pie. What happened?

Alien Redrum

Post by Alien Redrum »

Neon Maniac wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 3:29 pm
Alien Redrum wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 4:34 am Might be too old? I'm thinking they only use the registered Kindles and maybe they can't do anything with the 7.
They think I have a kindle that's too old, so they don't show me a trade in link? That makes no sense. And I have a real kindle that's a year old so if that was the case that they had magical knowledge of what was in my apartment, they'd know that.
I don't know, man. But you're right, I'm surprised it's not showing. My old ass Kindle is up there to trade in.

You don't see this?

DJBenz
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by DJBenz »

Alien Redrum wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 4:18 pm
DJBenz wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 3:27 pm Oh man, I tried to trade in my original Echo for a new one and it was the most painful process imaginable.
Really? Man, I've done this like three times and it's been easy as pie. What happened?
It has basically never moved since October 2020 when I sent it in:

I chased them up like three times. Every time I went on chat the operator had no idea what a trade-in order was so I had to go through the process of telling them it was a trade-in order, not a product order, them not understanding what that was, them trying to look at it as a product order, them realising it wasn't a product order the putting me through to someone who had slightly less of a vague idea of what a trade-in order was. Every. Time.

Eventually, they just gave me the trade in value as an gift card and applied a 25% discount voucher for Echo products to my account, but man, it was like pulling teeth.

The order still hasn't progressed. :lol:

Alien Redrum

Post by Alien Redrum »

:lol:

Well, shit. :lol:

I hope I didn't jinx myself. :lol:

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

I think AR just made up the whole trade-in thing. :shake:

DJBenz
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by DJBenz »

Alien Redrum wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 4:28 pm :lol:

Well, shit. :lol:

I hope I didn't jinx myself. :lol:
They first tried to tell me that it wasn't eligible for update because it was defective due to its firmware not being up to date (on a device that auto-updates its firmware). The only saving grace was that I knew if I complained to them for long enough they'd eventually give me credits I was due. :lol:

Alien Redrum

Post by Alien Redrum »

That's one thing I give them credit for. If you act like you're mad, they back down pretty quick. I think they get beaten if they get a bad review. :lol:

DJBenz
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by DJBenz »

Alien Redrum wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 5:44 pm That's one thing I give them credit for. If you act like you're mad, they back down pretty quick. I think they get beaten if they get a bad review. :lol:
Yeah, they had a thing recently where they were posting lots of amazing prices on things (mainly Lego sets) and I was trying to scoop some up for my kid but I was getting a message that it "wasn't available for delivery in my area" which is garbage because there's a massive Amazon warehouse a few miles away.

Anyway, I went on chat to them and raised it and they said "oh, just wait a few days and you'll be able to order", to which I answered "yes, but the price will have gone back up by then" so they immediately give me a gift card for the difference (like £5 if I remember) so I could still get the saving. :lol:

Alien Redrum

Post by Alien Redrum »

Pro-tip, if you are super nice to them and play really dumb, they will remove the ads on your Kindle for free. I always go in there with some question, tell them how great they are, then pull a Columbo and go, "Oh, one more thing, I can't seem to find how to remove the ads on my Kindle. You've been so awesome, can you help me with this?"

HAS NEVER FAILED.

OH! I don't know if it's in the UK, but they have a Ring/Echo bundle for just $45. Insane.

Alien Redrum

Post by Alien Redrum »

OH! And I don't know if they do it in the UK, but they have brought back the $1 off a digital purchase if you wait on your delivery. I'm ordering one thing at a time and every third one, I'm choosing 2-day delivery. I should have everything in two days and some nice credits. :lol: