Does anyone else use Pluto TV?

If it's not horror, this is the place!
Alien Redrum
Services No Longer Needed
Anti-Spam Question: No

Does anyone else use Pluto TV?

Post by Alien Redrum »

I'v been working around the house today and I've had the RiffTrax channel for a lot of it.

If you have cut the cord, Pluto is an AWESOME add on to your Roku or Firestick. It has tons of channels, including RiffTrax, MST3K, The Asylum, horror, scifi, documentary, news, and even music channels. It really is not unlike your cable box.

I love it. Except for the Dogg the Bounty Hunter channel that always pulls me in. :mad:

Plus, if you create an account, you can turn "off" channels so they don't even show up. I do this for stuff like kids channels, sports I have no interest in, the romantic movie channel, the Spanish speaking channels, etc.

It really is an awesome free service. (Note, there are commercials, but they aren't too bad.0
Follow Horror DNA on Twitter.

I'm thinking I might make one to keep in the trunk of the car though. Might be nice to have hot water if I ever have to watch a Matthews compound for 3-4 days hoping to get the drop on Sergio Frenchi. - Neon Bolan

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Re: Does anyone else use Pluto TV?

Post by Neon Maniac »

I do surf through Pluto on my Roku occasionally. I like that Asylum has a channel there, they really need their own real channel with their body of work. In general, I think Pluto has some great content, and there's a wide variety of it.

If you really hate the Dog channel, then you'd have it removed from your account.

:shake:
:facts:

Because AR doesn't take my posts seriously

DJBenz
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by DJBenz »

Do you use Tubi.tv? I've heard lots of good stuff about their content. Loads of horror movies, ad supported but not overly intrusive.
Horror DNA on the web: www | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Instagram

Alien Redrum

Post by Alien Redrum »

I've heard of Tubi.tv but have not delved into it yet.

I'm thinking I might make one to keep in the trunk of the car though. Might be nice to have hot water if I ever have to watch a Matthews compound for 3-4 days hoping to get the drop on Sergio Frenchi. - Neon Bolan

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

Tubi.TV seems to have the same free content that a lot of the other free services offer.

Gramps
Emerging from the grave.
Emerging from the grave.

Post by Gramps »

Alien Redrum wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:51 am Plus, if you create an account, you can turn "off" channels so they don't even show up. I do this for stuff like kids channels, sports I have no interest in, the romantic movie channel, the Spanish speaking channels, etc.
Did this change or is it just really well hidden?

Alien Redrum

Post by Alien Redrum »

Well shit, at least on the web you can't do it anymore. I'll check my ROKU tonight.

https://www.alphr.com/how-to-add-channels-to-pluto-tv/

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

Pluto has become difficult to use. You can't search for things, and have to wade through all their stuff to get to anything that you want. If you can find a way to search for a movie in a Roku app please let me know.

Alien Redrum

Post by Alien Redrum »

Yeah, this is unfortunate. I'm betting it's like regular cable. Since they are adding more channels, I bet there are now stipulations that you can't "hide" channels. :(

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

Alien Redrum wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 1:57 am Yeah, this is unfortunate. I'm betting it's like regular cable. Since they are adding more channels, I bet there are now stipulations that you can't "hide" channels. :(
yeah they have all kinds of stipulations. What's annoying is they have movies on demand but to actually find the movie you want you need to Google if that movie is on Pluto. If you're going to watch it in your web browser that works fine and you can just go straight to it. But if you're using Roku or something? Nope. Google just tells you that the movie is there then you have to go and sift through other stuff to find it. It's completely ridiculous. I choose not to use Pluto at this time.

Alien Redrum

Post by Alien Redrum »

Holy shit, you're right! There's no search feature. HOW THE FUCK IS THERE NO SEARCH FEATURE???

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

That's what I'm saying! You can google a movie to see if Pluto has it, and watch it from the found link in your browser. That's the closes you can get. Otherwise you have to browse through their movies and hope you're picking the right genre for it, and that it's not too far down their non-alphabetical listings.

Pluto TV is dead to me.

Alien Redrum

Post by Alien Redrum »

Samsung TV Plus is web and phone app only right now. Hope it makes it to ROKU.

https://samsungtvplus.com/