Goldbergs

Anything else; TV, music, video games etc.
Alien Redrum
Services No Longer Needed
Anti-Spam Question: No

Re: Goldbergs

Post by Alien Redrum »

This is like you and Charlie Daniels all over again.
*dead*

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Follow Horror DNA on Twitter.

I'm thinking I might make one to keep in the trunk of the car though. Might be nice to have hot water if I ever have to watch a Matthews compound for 3-4 days hoping to get the drop on Sergio Frenchi. - Neon Bolan

Alien Redrum

Post by Alien Redrum »

Neon Maniac wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 3:24 am Oh and another WTF. The B plot is Dave Kim writes a satire of the movie Amadeus and Adam plays the Salieri part. So let's just take a look at that. In the episode, Amadeus just won an Academy Award. That movie is from 1984. While I understand they just kind of mix things up in the '80s they seriously already lived through that when Adam was like 12. This would have been the first season at best. But let's skip that because this is the Land of Make-Believe right? Who in their right mind would do a show referencing a movie that is 38 years old? I understand it was a big movie in 1984 but how many people in 2022 have seen it in the last 30 years or even heard of it? It's not like Amadeus became a timeless classic. It's not Casablanca, it's not a Hitchcock film; it's one of those films that was awesome at the time but then the world moved on and forgot about it. I wouldn't expect anyone to remember the plot of the movie in 1995 let alone 2022.

Also Dave Kim goes to college in NYC, as do all of the other people in the movie he's going to make. But where do they decide to do the table read? Why in Adam Goldberg's dining room, in a Philadelphia suburb. Because that makes sense and is convenient for them all.

And in case you were wondering, yes they are filming this in Adam's basement for some reason, and Dave Kim is using Adam's old VCR to edit everything on. Because being a film student at NYU, apparently he's not allowed to use nyu's film equipment, even though he supposedly just won a contest about filmmaking from NYU where he pays money to learn about filmmaking and make films with their equipment. So instead of using professional cameras and sound and editing equipment provided to him by the college that he pays for, he's just doing it all on Adam's VHS recorder. Yeah.
I'm watching this episode now and it's so, so, SO cringey. Just...my god this show is bad.

I watched the other one, with Adam doing that Blade Runner thing. Jesus, this show is bad.

I'm thinking I might make one to keep in the trunk of the car though. Might be nice to have hot water if I ever have to watch a Matthews compound for 3-4 days hoping to get the drop on Sergio Frenchi. - Neon Bolan

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

Alien Redrum wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 4:18 pm

I'm watching this episode now and it's so, so, SO cringey. Just...my god this show is bad.

I watched the other one, with Adam doing that Blade Runner thing. Jesus, this show is bad.
Well, be careful what you say about it because Shiki's the president of the Goldberg's Amadeus Fan Club and he will come and tell you that he knows who Thomas Hulce is.
:facts:

Because AR doesn't take my posts seriously

Alien Redrum

Post by Alien Redrum »

:lol:

shiki-jitsu
Horror DNA Hardcore
Horror DNA Hardcore

Post by shiki-jitsu »

I do know who Tom Hulce is. :mad:

But I am only defending Amadeus. I don't watch this garbage show.
Letterboxd

"Ghost hunters are the romance novels of tv" - Neon Maniac

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

Correction: Shiki is the president of the Thomas Hulce/Goldbergs fan club.

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

I haven't seen the latest episode yet, but I read enough of this article to know I probably agree with it :lol:

https://www.pajiba.com/tv_reviews/bever ... dbergs.php

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

I watched the latest episode last night and now agree 100% with the above article. :lol:

Alien Redrum

Post by Alien Redrum »

I started watching and stopped like 5 minutes in. The daughter's husband is so fucking annoying. Actually, they are all fucking annoying, but him in particular, last night. :lol:

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

It's because at one point in time they were TV characters so they were a little exaggerated. But now they have evolved from that into being caricatures of TV characters so now they are even more exaggerated. This makes them all annoying and unlikable no matter what they do. Barry used to be awesome, now Barry makes no sense. And I think you can say that about almost all the characters; At least that they make no sense part.

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

Alien Redrum

Post by Alien Redrum »

I SAW THAT!!

:yay:

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

Today I learned that the real Beverly and Adam Goldberg love trashing the Goldbergs as much as I do and probably a lot more.

Alien Redrum

Post by Alien Redrum »

:lol:

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »