The hatchet wielding hitchhiker

Anything else; TV, music, video games etc.
Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Anti-Spam Question: No

The hatchet wielding hitchhiker

Post by Neon Maniac »

I thought there was a thread about this documentary already but I cannot find it. So my apologies to the mod staff please move this to the right thread if it already exists.

I just finished watching this, and I think I only know it from the thread that I can no longer find. Kai is a complete idiot. I think he gives Hobo's a bad name, which I think was ARs complaint originally. But I think all of the people who were like oh he said she neat little homeless person are complete idiots themselves who deserve to be killed by Kai.

The funny thing here also is I just watched this after watching Dahmer and the dahmer tapes, and there's a lot interconnected here that makes me think he probably read quite a bit about Dahmer.
:facts:

Because AR doesn't take my posts seriously

Alien Redrum
Services No Longer Needed

Re: The hatchet wielding hitchhiker

Post by Alien Redrum »

We talked about it on Twitter, not here, so maybe that's it?

Are you serious about the Dahmer connection? If so, curious to read what you think.

No matter what, though, that guy had a fucked childhood. His mom is a cunt.
Follow Horror DNA on Twitter.

I'm thinking I might make one to keep in the trunk of the car though. Might be nice to have hot water if I ever have to watch a Matthews compound for 3-4 days hoping to get the drop on Sergio Frenchi. - Neon Bolan

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

Hahaha okay Twitter then. I knew you were the one who told me about it I just couldn't find where or how.

No I think he's mainly a liar with mental health issues and a persecution complex. I was not saying there was a connection between him and Dahmer but that some of the things he described happening to him are things that Dahmer actually did to his victims. This makes me think that he's a liar about a lot of that stuff. Something people do who have mental imbalances like his will pick up something that happened that is extraordinary and tell you stories about it happening to them often. We would get 911 calls all the time from people like that telling us things that were in the newspaper or in movies and it was happening to them constantly over and over again by different people; they needed help, please help us. This was him and his stories I think. And I think he had the rage people were talking about and he would use those stories as his defense as to why he had a psychotic break and killed somebody or beat somebody, etc.

And he was obviously a major alcoholic, which would only exacerbate the whole lying psychosis. And you'll notice it's him always carrying around that skateboard but when he actually tries to use it he really can't. It's a prop for him and that's about it.

There is no proof that his mother did anything so I'm not going to drag her into it.

Alien Redrum

Post by Alien Redrum »

Ah, okay. I see that.

Disagree about the mom. She admitted to it, and his cousin said the same. I believe she locked him in a room. That's enough to fuck someone up.

What I'm curious about, though, is the whole judge situation. Like, how did they meet in the first place? Why did the judge bring him to his home? Then pay for a train ticket? It's all so weird. I'm thinking the judge wanted a little sexy time. I can't say anything past that because who the fuck knows what happened.

I will say, Kai would annoy me within one minute of meeting him. JFC.

OH! There was one guy they interviewed quite a bit who was goddamn hilarious. I need to rewatch it to figure out what that guy does. He was VERY animated.

I'm thinking I might make one to keep in the trunk of the car though. Might be nice to have hot water if I ever have to watch a Matthews compound for 3-4 days hoping to get the drop on Sergio Frenchi. - Neon Bolan

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

Ok, one confirmed time she locked him in his room. Not sure that's the years of abuse you and Kai are imagining it to be. A lot of out of control kids (and if you say he wasn't out of control) get locked in their room for better or worse. Again, not saying she's an angel; just not villifying her because there is no real info on any of that. I'm saying there's just not enough info there to discuss, let alone judge, any of that
I believe she locked him in a room. That's enough to fuck someone up.
So, you were never sent to your room as a punishment when you were a kid? Okay.

I honestly wouldn't have helped Kai at all. I think what this doc shows more than anything is how thirsty reaity tv producers are and how stupid youtube viewers are.

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

Also something he had said reminded me of the Turpins, but I honestly don't remember what it was. This is probably why I discount his story of being locked up.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/turpin-sister ... d=81236211

Well I actually discount all of his stories because I think he's just a cockadoody liar.

I do wonder what judge was up to. But he's 70 so I don't think it was sex. If you're 70 and you've been single all that time for decades and the plumbing still works for you, I don't think he's out there trying to grab people off the street to rape. He already has all that nailed down somehow. But who knows anything is possible. Without more info it's really hard to say. I could also see it as him being a retired judge, maybe believing Kai when he tells him he's trying to get his shit together, and he wants to help him out because he knows that sometimes that's all it takes to keep somebody out of trouble. Maybe he took Kai in for the night gave him dinner and then take him to the train station to buy him a ticket. Maybe there was no overnight maybe he had something back at his house that he wanted to give Kai like clothes or something and then took him to the train station immediately after that. Then Kai just comes back and kills him randomly, or for something else that he saw there that he wants to steal, who knows? All I'm saying about that is life is more complicated than we tend to think it is sometimes, and guessing a scenario of what could have happened without knowing anything about the people is impossible.

My main point about any of this is that Kai is not a victim. He has not been persecuted by the world. I do think he manipulates people, and I think it's fairly obvious that he has no compunction about not killing people. I don't think you can believe anything he tells you, which is why I kind of laugh at you with the being locked in the bedroom thing. And I also don't think that being locked in your bedroom makes you a insane. It's not like he was locked in there like the Turpins were. I could definitely see him being locked in his room at night for his own safety. That happens to a lot of kids who are unable to control themselves, otherwise the police show up at your door at 4:00 a.m. because your son is trying to start a fire at your neighbors, or they picked him up three miles away at a homeless camp, etc.

Alien Redrum

Post by Alien Redrum »

I really wish they had done some more coverage of the judge. There are so many questions I have. They were rather vague about him. IIRC, there wasn't even a "this was a judge known to help people."

Considering the filmmakers talked to a lot of folks on both sides, this was either a dropped ball or intentionally left vague, both of which are unacceptable.

I have a problem believing this judge was picking up weird homeless people and bringing them to his home. I mean, yeah, it's a possibility, but I don't buy it at this point, especially with him having Kai's number.

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

I think there's just nothing there. I don't think any balls were dropped or anything else. Most things are just mundane. He was an old man whose only friend was a neighbor who lived behind him. What will people say about you when you die? Probably not a lot and everyone will wonder why you were murdered by Sasquatch. Same with me.