Wonder Years Remake

Anything else; TV, music, video games etc.
Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Anti-Spam Question: No

Wonder Years Remake

Post by Neon Maniac »

Look, I know you honkies are going to try and make this about you and that Fred Savage show. This is not about that. Please don't come here to cry about your white privilege and 60s white boomer nostalgia.

Does anyone watch the new Wonder Years remake? This is a really good show. It's on Hulu it's in the second season right now and that just started last month. This is a mid-season replacement on ABC and I believe it does a full 22 episode season.

Before you ask, no this is not a show that I watch with my bro T-Dawg.

I started watching this last year and got hooked immediately. Like all 22 Episodes sitcoms it's kind of Hit or Miss but usually an episode is always interesting.
:facts:

Because AR doesn't take my posts seriously

Alien Redrum
Services No Longer Needed

Re: Wonder Years Remake

Post by Alien Redrum »

What if I didn't like the first show. Would I like this one?
Follow Horror DNA on Twitter.

I'm thinking I might make one to keep in the trunk of the car though. Might be nice to have hot water if I ever have to watch a Matthews compound for 3-4 days hoping to get the drop on Sergio Frenchi. - Neon Bolan

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

Alien Redrum wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 12:43 pm What if I didn't like the first show. Would I like this one?
Absolutely!

I hate the original with a passion. I think I've only ever made it through 2 of those shows. This is a different family, different writers, different everything. The kids aren't little shits, they're interesting and funny.

Alien Redrum

Post by Alien Redrum »

Good to know!

The only person I liked in the original show was the asshole brother. :lol:

I'm thinking I might make one to keep in the trunk of the car though. Might be nice to have hot water if I ever have to watch a Matthews compound for 3-4 days hoping to get the drop on Sergio Frenchi. - Neon Bolan

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

I hated that entire family. Seriously couldn't stand to watch it or hear their voices even. That show was some BS fantasy nostalgia garbage and even back then it rang as false.

This show is nothing like that one and has very little in common with it other than the premise. It's more movie like than sitcom like. The writing is really good. Don Cheadle is the narrator and does a bang up job. In general, the cast is great.

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

The latest episode is hilarious. The kid is trying to get into see Easy Rider and the parents accidentally end up at a swinger's party. Or do they?

Alien Redrum

Post by Alien Redrum »

Okay, I watched the first episode and was impressed. This isn't the original FOR SURE. This is going to be very different and address bullshit all up in your face.

That ending was a sucker punch to the gut though, when the main character went and found his friends. Jesus, that stung.

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

I'm glad you watched the first one. It's a series that gets better as it goes on and finds it's traction. They show a lot of social issues, but they don't preach, they just show it through the eyes of the people in it, and usually it's something where there are multiple takes, not just one. The only exception is S2 E1, which I'll forgive and understand why they did it. (No spoilers, it was more of a comment of things happening now, than then.)