Horror Movie Discussion #21: The Texas Chain Saw Massacre

General horror discussion. Movies, DVDs, Blu-rays, TV, and Podcasts.

Any good?

Highly recommended
42%
Recommended
25%
Rent it
17%
Skip it
17%
Not seen it
No votes

Total votes: 12

Atrium Pool
Back from the dead
Back from the dead
Anti-Spam Question: No

Re: Horror Movie Discussion #21: The Texas Chain Saw Massacr

Post by Atrium Pool »

Alien Redrum wrote:
People with no artistic ambitions and no vision.
In your opinion.

I would argue that Nispel has artistic ambition. His movies are very pretty and arty and, in the case of the TCM remake, even good.

You have TCM on a pedestal that's way to high. It's one thing to like a movie, but when you reach a point when you consider it seem to consider it flawless. It's not. It's not a perfect movie, and when you can't be objective enough to see that it has flaws, it's hard to take you seriously.

My two favorite movies of all time are Dawn of the Dead and Heat. I'd give them both 5 stars. But, shit, I can tell you what's wrong with them too.

TCM is really isn't what you make it out to be.
In your opinion.

And I hope that doesn't come off snobby, because I admit you make a great argument. And you're right about me. I do think the film flawless. But it's like I suggested - the film weeds out viewers and proves which ones are too jaded to get into it and which ones don't need a ton more gore and a faster pace. It represents the absolute pinnacle of that era in horror. I don't know where it got its' artistic influences from. But it knew exactly what it wanted to be. Unlike what Walls and Spez are claiming - Hooper didn't just point the camera and shoot whatever! And there is actual political and social commentary in the film. When I need a perfect horror film, this one's got everything. And I don't need anyone else to agree with me. Either. I don't mind if someone thinks I'm light-weight or a pussy. In my opinion - true art lasts forever. Fads don't.

19itmicmac
Emerging from the grave.
Emerging from the grave.

Re: Horror Movie Discussion #21: The Texas Chain Saw Massacr

Post by 19itmicmac »

A classic must see, still holds up very well.

Mistress0fTheDamned
Emerging from the grave.
Emerging from the grave.

Re: Horror Movie Discussion #21: The Texas Chain Saw Massacre

Post by Mistress0fTheDamned »

Love Texas chainsaw massacre ,great scenes I enjoyed
Stare at the dark too long and you will eventually see
WHAT ISN’T THERE.

Hell is empty and all the devils are here.