Slither

General horror discussion. Movies, DVDs, Blu-rays, TV, and Podcasts.
Mistress0fTheDamned
Emerging from the grave.
Emerging from the grave.
Anti-Spam Question: No

Slither

Post by Mistress0fTheDamned »

From the depths of the endless space, a flaming meteorite crashes into the dark woods of the sleepy town of Wheelsy, South Carolina. As the scorched rock reveals its silent content--a baneful parasitic organism--a subtle alien invasion commences, and the war's unlucky first victim is the town's local businessman, Grant. Little by little, as an internal change transforms Grant into an utterly hideous monstrosity, his wife, Starla, starts to feel that something's been eating at him the last few days. Now, before the unstoppable extraterrestrial attack, no one is safe, and to make matters worse, Grant's transformation is far from over yet. Who can stop the slithering army from outer space?—Nick Riganas
Stare at the dark too long and you will eventually see
WHAT ISN’T THERE.

Hell is empty and all the devils are here.

Mistress0fTheDamned
Emerging from the grave.
Emerging from the grave.

Re: Slither

Post by Mistress0fTheDamned »

Jenna Fischer, who was married to Gunn at the time, was not originally part of the cast. The actor in her role begged to be released from his contract because he had an offer to shoot a pilot, so Gunn let him go rather than have a performer on set who didn't want to be there. Gunn swapped the character's gender and gave her a few more lines. By the time the movie was released Fischer had become immensely popular from The Office, so she was the one who went on The Tonight Show the night before the film opened.
Stare at the dark too long and you will eventually see
WHAT ISN’T THERE.

Hell is empty and all the devils are here.

Alien Redrum
Services No Longer Needed
Services No Longer Needed

Post by Alien Redrum »

Fantastic monster movie. So much fun.
Follow Horror DNA on Twitter.

I'm thinking I might make one to keep in the trunk of the car though. Might be nice to have hot water if I ever have to watch a Matthews compound for 3-4 days hoping to get the drop on Sergio Frenchi. - Neon Bolan

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

This was a fun movie with a great cast.
:facts:

Because AR doesn't take my posts seriously