What are you reading?

Books, comics etc. anything that's on a page and not moving.
Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Anti-Spam Question: No

Re: What are you reading?

Post by Neon Maniac »

Alien Redrum wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:06 pm One of my favorite directors is Michael Bay. I can very easily forgive bullshit. :lol:
:lol: Yeah, there you go. Same kind of thing.
:facts:

Because AR doesn't take my posts seriously

Alien Redrum
Services No Longer Needed

Post by Alien Redrum »

Oh! I'm listening to The Night Stalker: The Life and Crimes of Richard Ramirez by Philip Carlo. Pretty damn good so far. It's pretty detailed, starting with each crime, then moving on to the capture, then trial. (Sometimes these books only focus on the trial or the crime.) But it's thorough.

Once again, I'm reminded of what absolute garbage Dianne Feinstein. If she wasn't such a piece of shit attention whore, lives could have been saved. (Basically, she blurted out at a news conference the type of shoe Ramirez wore. He was LITERALLY the only person in Los Angeles County who wore that type and size. Once it hit the news, he stopped wearing that brand. Thanks, cunt.

I'm also reminded on what egotistical twats detectives can be, and how many people have died because these dumb fucks won't share info. The Night Stalker case is another great example of how he could have been stopped far earlier if these ignorant twats had been willing to share info.
Follow Horror DNA on Twitter.

I'm thinking I might make one to keep in the trunk of the car though. Might be nice to have hot water if I ever have to watch a Matthews compound for 3-4 days hoping to get the drop on Sergio Frenchi. - Neon Bolan

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

Yeah I'm with you on Feinstein exactly because of this. And I agree with you about detectives. The Green River Killer would have been caught years before if the detectives on the case weren't racist assholes. When it was only about six murders, a pimp solves the whole thing and turned over all of his evidence to the cops. They followed up on it and Gary Ridgeway said what? I'm a hard-working white man and you're going to believe some black pimp over me? And they left him alone after that.

Alien Redrum

Post by Alien Redrum »

I want to listen to a Bianchi and Bueno book next, and Green River Killer, too. I'm going to be enraged. :lol:

It still surprises me how shockingly stupid BTK is/was. He's a flatout imbecile. Lucky prick.

I'm thinking I might make one to keep in the trunk of the car though. Might be nice to have hot water if I ever have to watch a Matthews compound for 3-4 days hoping to get the drop on Sergio Frenchi. - Neon Bolan

Alien Redrum

Post by Alien Redrum »

I'm still listening to The Night Stalker: The Life and Crimes of Richard Ramirez off and on, but it's so dense and now that it's at the court stuff, it's kind of a repeat of what I already read. Meaning it goes into victim testimony, and I'm all, yo, I just read that 100 pages ago. I know what happened.

So in between bouts of that, I listened to Smile: Behind the Lens of the ‘Dating Game Killer’, which is okay. It's just a broad overview more or less of Rodney Alcala. I've listened to a podcast that does a much better job with the case. The narrator, Steve White, is fantastic, though. Gives it a full 1/2 star bump. :threestars:

I just started Mister Magic by Kiersten White today. The synopsis intrigued me, and it has a GREAT opening chapter.
Thirty years after a tragic accident shut down production of the classic children’s program Mister Magic, the five surviving cast members have done their best to move on. But just as generations of cultishly devoted fans still cling to the lessons they learned from the show, the cast, known as the Circle of Friends, have spent their lives searching for the happiness they felt while they were on it. The friendship. The feeling of belonging. And the protection of Mister Magic.

But with no surviving video of the show, no evidence of who directed or produced it, and no records of who—or what—the beloved host actually was, memories are all the former Circle of Friends has.

Then a twist of fate brings the castmates back together at the remote desert filming compound that feels like it’s been waiting for them all this time. Even though they haven’t seen each other for years, they understand one another better than anyone has since.

After all, they’re the only ones who hold the secret of that circle, the mystery of the magic man in his infinitely black cape, and, maybe, the answers to what really happened on that deadly last day. But as the Circle of Friends reclaim parts of their past, they begin to wonder: Are they here by choice, or have they been lured into a trap?
Here's Rodney Alcala on The Dating Game

Alien Redrum

Post by Alien Redrum »

OH! I'm also reading They Rode Pale Horses: Book One: A Thatcher Evans Novel by Gideon Stone (an alias of Robert Ford). Digging it so far.

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

Alien Redrum wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 8:46 pm OH! I'm also reading They Rode Pale Horses: Book One: A Thatcher Evans Novel by Gideon Stone (an alias of Robert Ford). Digging it so far.
what type of book is this?

Alien Redrum

Post by Alien Redrum »

It's a western. I'm not normally into westerns, but Bob's dark as fuck, so I'm here for the violence.