Kolchak Books

Books, comics etc. anything that's on a page and not moving.
Alien Redrum
Services No Longer Needed
Anti-Spam Question: No

Kolchak Books

Post by Alien Redrum »

A while back, I backed a graphic novel featuring the adventures of Kolchak, and it was well wroth the pledge.

Turns out, the guy who ran that Kickstarter got the rights for a bunch of the Kolchak books. He's obviously a big fan, so here's to hoping he does good by them.

I've already clicked to be alerted when the next Kickstarter goes live.

Monstrous Books is the publisher.
Follow Horror DNA on Twitter.

I'm thinking I might make one to keep in the trunk of the car though. Might be nice to have hot water if I ever have to watch a Matthews compound for 3-4 days hoping to get the drop on Sergio Frenchi. - Neon Bolan

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Re: Kolchak Books

Post by Neon Maniac »

What Kolchak books are you talking about? It's my understanding that there has never been a Kolchak series, but there was an unofficial short story anthology that came out a few years back. I bought that on Kindle and it was pretty okay. Some hit, some miss, but due to much of the stories taking place in Vegas, I would read it on the plane when I was going to Vegas like a mad man a couple of years ago. Anyways, if there are actually Kolchak books, I would probably like to read them.
:facts:

Because AR doesn't take my posts seriously

Alien Redrum

Post by Alien Redrum »

Oh, there are quite a few, but many are out of print. Goodreads has a list here.

I'm thinking I might make one to keep in the trunk of the car though. Might be nice to have hot water if I ever have to watch a Matthews compound for 3-4 days hoping to get the drop on Sergio Frenchi. - Neon Bolan

Alien Redrum

Post by Alien Redrum »

Moonstone books used to publish them. There are a bunch of comics (more than original novels), but I'm hoping this new news expands the universe.

https://moonstonebooks.com/

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

Yeah, there's the 2 original stories and then a lot of 21st century fan fic. I thought you were saying there was an original series from the 70s, but that was my wishful thinking.

Alien Redrum

Post by Alien Redrum »

Oh, yeah. I didn't know you meant that. I'd still read them, though. Tor put out some GREAT Supernatural books by fantastic authors.

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

Looking at the low page counts on those books, I'm thinking the short story collection I read was a lot of those books.

Alien Redrum

Post by Alien Redrum »

99.999999999999999999% of the time, I buy ebooks from Kickstarter.

Not this time.
Hey, Kolchak Lovers!

I wanted to let you all know first about a special free reward you can get with my upcoming Kolchak campaign. As you may know, I'm reprinting the original Kolchak novel by Jeff Rice in an illustrated deluxe hardcover editon—and everyone who preorders the book will get an official Kolchak fan club membership card. On the flip side will be a Kolchak press badge.

Here's another scoop—if you back on the first day, you'll get another free Kolchak reward. I'll be showing that soon.

Follow the prelaunch page and get an alert when we go live.
A. MEMBERSHIP. CARD.

ALL IN.

:lol: