Help identify 80s movie

General horror discussion. Movies, DVDs, Blu-rays, TV, and Podcasts.
paperplastic
Dead and Buried
Dead and Buried
Anti-Spam Question: No

Help identify 80s movie

Post by paperplastic »

It's a movie I saw in the 80s. All I remember is burglars(?) (two of them?) breaking into a lab(?) and releasing a ferret sized(?) creature from a freezer chest type thing. The creeature darts around and kills them all.

I also remember the world is suddenly engulfed in chaos. For example, a scene they had to show this had a shot of house subtitled with Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea. It's night and a guy walks out of the house to check on things then out of nowehere two columns of fire burst of out of the grounds of his front lawn and he dies. In this sequence there were other scenes featuring different cities and countries with subtitles of place names being the only thing that helped identity the locations.

The last thing I remember is from near the end of the movie, I think. A guy is dangling from a rope ladder attached to a helicopter.

That's all I remember.

TGM
Juvenile Reviewer
Juvenile Reviewer

Re: Help identify 80s movie

Post by TGM »

I'm pretty sure that's Dead Hunt, which can be purchased here.

paperplastic
Dead and Buried
Dead and Buried

Post by paperplastic »

TallGuyMe wrote:I'm pretty sure that's Dead Hunt, which can be purchased here.
Thanks for the suggestion but there's a 20+ year age difference between the movie I saw and Dead Hunt.

Sham
Ex-Closet Monkey
Ex-Closet Monkey

Post by Sham »

paperplastic wrote:
TallGuyMe wrote:I'm pretty sure that's Dead Hunt, which can be purchased here.
Thanks for the suggestion but there's a 20+ year age difference between the movie I saw and Dead Hunt.
Ignore him. He's just being a dumbass. :lol:

Wish I could help, but I have no idea what movie it is.

Alien Redrum
Services No Longer Needed
Services No Longer Needed

Post by Alien Redrum »

paperplastic wrote:It's a movie I saw in the 80s. All I remember is burglars(?) (two of them?) breaking into a lab(?) and releasing a ferret sized(?) creature from a freezer chest type thing. The creeature darts around and kills them all.

I also remember the world is suddenly engulfed in chaos. For example, a scene they had to show this had a shot of house subtitled with Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea. It's night and a guy walks out of the house to check on things then out of nowehere two columns of fire burst of out of the grounds of his front lawn and he dies. In this sequence there were other scenes featuring different cities and countries with subtitles of place names being the only thing that helped identity the locations.

The last thing I remember is from near the end of the movie, I think. A guy is dangling from a rope ladder attached to a helicopter.

That's all I remember.
I swear that last part is Dawn of the Dead (the original), other than that, no idea and welcome to the forum!
Follow Horror DNA on Twitter.

I'm thinking I might make one to keep in the trunk of the car though. Might be nice to have hot water if I ever have to watch a Matthews compound for 3-4 days hoping to get the drop on Sergio Frenchi. - Neon Bolan

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

The first part sounds like Night of the Creeps, which was an 80's movie where 2 students break into a cryonics lab and unfreeze a guy, which unwittingly releases big skittering slug type things that act like what you described.

The part with the columns of fire in Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea sound oddly like events that were supposedly captured on film in the lost/missing Tom Drury UFO from 1953.

If you find out what film this is, let us know!
:facts:

Because AR doesn't take my posts seriously