DEXTER Season 3

Anything else; TV, music, video games etc.
walls
Wallsbot
Wallsbot
Anti-Spam Question: No

DEXTER Season 3

Post by walls »

Just finished it up, not as good as season one but way better then season two IMO. One thing that I didnt get into though was Dexters relationship with Jimmy Smits. Dexter is WAY to careful to get mixed up with a guy like him, maybe if there were more episodes to give more weight to thier relationship..........but as it is I found it annoying.

Still worth the purchase. ;)

Blonde
Sexy Robot
Sexy Robot

Re: DEXTER Season 3

Post by Blonde »

I thought they took Dexter's emotional capacity too far in season three. Jimmy Smits is annoying, but not as bad as the slew of tertiary characters they added (Ramon, the dyke DA, hotshot wigger-bro detective, Nicaraguan landscaper etc).

The side plots felt slow and contrived, where in the second season the side plot was more or less fused with what the main story. Season three they just tied it up at the very end, which was not even close to being as good as the closer for seasons one and two.

The only thing season three had going for it was no Lyla, but Rita was so obnoxious that I'm probably only going to watch the first few episodes of season four before stopping entirely. Why can't they get back some of the first season magic? That was gold.
Everything in the casa is mi casa su casa. Except for the tortugas. Hands off.

kangas
Emerging from the grave.
Emerging from the grave.

Post by kangas »

Hey, wait til episode 1 of season 4! You get more John Lithgow naked ass than you have EVER wanted to see. Trust me.

Not a great beginning, but maybe it will get better...
-K
http://www.kangaskahnfilms.com/blogs.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

shiki-jitsu
Horror DNA Hardcore
Horror DNA Hardcore

Post by shiki-jitsu »

Season 3 may have been the end of Dexter for me. I thought it was a huge drop in quality, and I believe S2 was a drop after S1.

Season 4 looks pretty shitty too. Much like real life, once you bring a baby into the picture it's pretty much ruined.

And yes, Darla Rita was really annoying, and I can't see her not being more of a cunt in S4.
Letterboxd

"Ghost hunters are the romance novels of tv" - Neon Maniac

Blonde
Sexy Robot
Sexy Robot

Post by Blonde »

shiki-jitsu wrote:Season 3 may have been the end of Dexter for me. I thought it was a huge drop in quality, and I believe S2 was a drop after S1.
Exactly. I'm surprised I stuck with season three as long as I did.
Everything in the casa is mi casa su casa. Except for the tortugas. Hands off.

Alien Redrum
Services No Longer Needed
Services No Longer Needed
Anti-Spam Question: No

Post by Alien Redrum »

Oh God I want this. :lol:
Follow Horror DNA on Twitter.

I'm thinking I might make one to keep in the trunk of the car though. Might be nice to have hot water if I ever have to watch a Matthews compound for 3-4 days hoping to get the drop on Sergio Frenchi. - Neon Bolan

shiki-jitsu
Horror DNA Hardcore
Horror DNA Hardcore

Post by shiki-jitsu »

Alien Redrum wrote:Oh God I want this. :lol:
It would look nice next to my Shepard Fairey Obama print....

Letterboxd

"Ghost hunters are the romance novels of tv" - Neon Maniac