What are you reading?

Books, comics etc. anything that's on a page and not moving.
Alien Redrum
Services No Longer Needed
Anti-Spam Question: No

Re: What are you reading?

Post by Alien Redrum »

BUT WITH WORDS!

Re-reading The Stand. Fuck this book is good.
Follow Horror DNA on Twitter.

I'm thinking I might make one to keep in the trunk of the car though. Might be nice to have hot water if I ever have to watch a Matthews compound for 3-4 days hoping to get the drop on Sergio Frenchi. - Neon Bolan

Sham
Ex-Closet Monkey
Ex-Closet Monkey

Post by Sham »

Finished Twilight.

Now I'm reading Hell House by Richard Matheson. I already had to stop reading because I got scared. :(

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

Ha! I was about to start Hell House as soon as I finished what I'm reading now. And I've been trying to listen to it on audio when I can, but I haven't gotten far at all.
:facts:

Because AR doesn't take my posts seriously

Alien Redrum

Post by Alien Redrum »

Got my tracking info. DELIVERY WILL BE ON MONDAY! :yay:

I'm thinking I might make one to keep in the trunk of the car though. Might be nice to have hot water if I ever have to watch a Matthews compound for 3-4 days hoping to get the drop on Sergio Frenchi. - Neon Bolan

shiki-jitsu
Horror DNA Hardcore
Horror DNA Hardcore

Post by shiki-jitsu »

Alien Redrum wrote:Got my tracking info. DELIVERY WILL BE ON MONDAY! :yay:
Unfortunately I think mine will be monday as well. :mad:

Still holding out hope it will be tomorrow.
Letterboxd

"Ghost hunters are the romance novels of tv" - Neon Maniac

Alien Redrum

Post by Alien Redrum »

I posted that in the wrong thread. :lol:

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

:lol:

shiki-jitsu
Horror DNA Hardcore
Horror DNA Hardcore

Post by shiki-jitsu »

Sham wrote: Now I'm reading Hell House by Richard Matheson. I already had to stop reading because I got scared. :(
Just finishing this up. Really good book so far, definitely had some scares in it. It kind of affected me the same way House of Leaves did... which a book rarely does for me. Glad I decided to pop the 505s cherry with this one. :up:
Letterboxd

Spez
James "Jeff" Ferguson
James "Jeff" Ferguson

Post by Spez »

Spez wrote:Image

I'm about a third of the way through and I'm really liking it so far. It's like a documentary.
Just finished this last night. Awesome book.

Sham
Ex-Closet Monkey
Ex-Closet Monkey

Post by Sham »

shiki-jitsu wrote:
Sham wrote: Now I'm reading Hell House by Richard Matheson. I already had to stop reading because I got scared. :(
Just finishing this up. Really good book so far, definitely had some scares in it. It kind of affected me the same way House of Leaves did... which a book rarely does for me. Glad I decided to pop the 505s cherry with this one. :up:
Yeah, great book! I finished it up two nights ago. It really gets under your skin.

The PG-rated movie is horrible, though. It needs a remake. I can really see Clive Owen playing Ben Fischer.

shiki-jitsu
Horror DNA Hardcore
Horror DNA Hardcore

Post by shiki-jitsu »

Sham wrote:
shiki-jitsu wrote:
Yeah, great book! I finished it up two nights ago. It really gets under your skin.

The PG-rated movie is horrible, though. It needs a remake. I can really see Clive Owen playing Ben Fischer.
I am almost done I am up to:
Spoiler:
What I am assuming is the end. Barrett has been killed, Edith was attacked and put on the stage with the leopard. And I literally just turned my reader off when Fischer has returned.
I haven't seen the movie, but it is on my Netflix queue. The whole time reading it I was thinking about how awesome a movie it could be if they went as graphic as they need to for some of the scenes, especially with Florence.
Letterboxd

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

I liked the movie, but then I hadn't read the book yet. Still reading it, BTW. Slow going, haven't been able to read it as much as I'd like. The movie's definitely worth a watch, but really kind of reminds you that Matheson pretty much rips off and gorifies Jackson's Haunting of Hill House. Roddy McDowell was a great Fischer, I thought.

Sham
Ex-Closet Monkey
Ex-Closet Monkey

Post by Sham »

Neon Maniac wrote:I liked the movie, but then I hadn't read the book yet. Still reading it, BTW. Slow going, haven't been able to read it as much as I'd like. The movie's definitely worth a watch, but really kind of reminds you that Matheson pretty much rips off and gorifies Jackson's Haunting of Hill House. Roddy McDowell was a great Fischer, I thought.
It's funny: Shirley Jackson's novel is very quiet and subdued, but the 1999 movie is loud and obnoxious.

Richard Matheson's novel is extremely violent and in-your-face, but the movie doesn't show a damn thing. I was incredibly disappointed.

Not to mention my absolute favorite part of the book, where Florence's bedsheet is yanked aside and it slowly takes the form of the figure standing in the room with her, was completely changed for the movie. Lame!

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac »

Sham wrote:
It's funny: Shirley Jackson's novel is very quiet and subdued, but the 1999 movie is loud and obnoxious.
Have you seen the original? A pretty good adaptation of the story. Not at all like the 1999 movie.

Sham
Ex-Closet Monkey
Ex-Closet Monkey

Post by Sham »

Neon Maniac wrote:Have you seen the original? A pretty good adaptation of the story. Not at all like the 1999 movie.
No, but I've heard it's excellent. Someone stole the DVD rental from Hollywood Video, though. :mad: