What Comics Are You Reading?

Books, comics etc. anything that's on a page and not moving.
Spez
James "Jeff" Ferguson
James "Jeff" Ferguson

What Comics Are You Reading?

Post by Spez »

Hey! It's a thread about books with pictures. What funny books are you reading nowadays?

I'm currently about halfway through Maximum Carnage, the ridiculous 14 part series from the 90s. It's crazy and over-the-top but it's kind of fun.

I also just read Guarding the Globe: Volume 1, the spin-off series from Robert Kirkman's Invincible. There were way too many characters and not much on the story. The whole thing was like one big battle which got old quick. I realize that I say this after talking about how fun Maximum Carnage is, but I kind of accepted what that series is. This one felt like there should be more to it.

Spez
James "Jeff" Ferguson
James "Jeff" Ferguson

Re: What Comics Are You Reading?

Post by Spez »

I just read the first volume of Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 9. It's pretty bad. There's no purpose to the character anymore. Everyone is growing up around her and she's just working at a coffee shop struggling to be normal.

I also started Choker by Ben McCool and Ben Templesmith. It's awesome so far. It's about a city where the police force using a drug to give the officers super powers to deal with crime. They're also given "brutality licenses" to beat the crap out of people.

shiki-jitsu
Horror DNA Hardcore
Horror DNA Hardcore

Post by shiki-jitsu »

Spez wrote:I just read the first volume of Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 9. It's pretty bad. There's no purpose to the character anymore. Everyone is growing up around her and she's just working at a coffee shop struggling to be normal.
I recently acquired the first few issues of S9. Haven't looked at it yet. I liked S8, it had some dull moments, but overall I thought it was really enjoyable.
Letterboxd

"Ghost hunters are the romance novels of tv" - Neon Maniac

Spez
James "Jeff" Ferguson
James "Jeff" Ferguson

Post by Spez »

shiki-jitsu wrote:
Spez wrote:I just read the first volume of Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 9. It's pretty bad. There's no purpose to the character anymore. Everyone is growing up around her and she's just working at a coffee shop struggling to be normal.
I recently acquired the first few issues of S9. Haven't looked at it yet. I liked S8, it had some dull moments, but overall I thought it was really enjoyable.
I felt the same about S8. It got a little weird at times, but it felt like a blown up Buffy story. S9 has been awful, however the spinoff Angel & Faith has been awesome. They're doing a much better job with the characters.